What's new

Hayward opted out

I really liked Gordon Hayward and was unhappy that he left the Jazz. But for many reasons (some out of his control), his time didn't work out in Boston. I don't understand any team paying him this much money though. He could end up being one of the players making the most money but providing the least production for his teams in history.

More quotes!

Ha. It seems JA is on holidays. Grab the opportunity to shine Mr. Hume
Happy to oblige:

“Eh, love Danny but he ——-ed up. Had he pulled the trigger quickly and not dicked around we would have Turner.”

“Guys, we just lost a 34 million dollar per year former all star with no return on that investment. Let’s keep making up excuses though.”

MJ is one of the best players of all time but not THE best.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
It's a matter of opinion. IMHO, and I've been watching the NBA since the days of Bob Cousy, I think he is the GOAT with LeBron a close second. Then I would put Larry and Magic next in line. But as you have seen from the many lists they vary significantly. It's almost impossible to compare tthe different eras. Chamberlain is the most dominant force but he couldn't top the Celts except for one season in 1967 when the Sixers had that crazy good team. Remember that when Jabbar was at the top of his game -- Jabbar was at his best early in his career, Chamberlain who was well past his prime outplayed him in the '72 finals.

This letter is almost as good as the "Thanks Jeremy Evans" letter.

The last second decision leaving Boston in shambles...

It's all too familiar. Hayward's legacy of indecision screwing teams he leaves. Can't say that Ainge doesn't deserve every bit of this mess. Tee hee.

Happy to oblige:

“Eh, love Danny but he ——-ed up. Had he pulled the trigger quickly and not dicked around we would have Turner.”

“Guys, we just lost a 34 million dollar per year former all star with no return on that investment. Let’s keep making up excuses though.”
I’ve really enjoyed watching some Boston fans melt down over Hayward opting out and leaving. Hopefully, there’s more tears and anguish. Hell, I hope he regains his form and is an All Star in Charlotte. That’ll piss them off even more.

He could end up being one of the players making the most money but providing the least production for his teams in history.
I believe he's already done this with boston, then was glad they didn't win while he was hurt. I guess good things do happen to bad people.

I am a little unclear on the current status. Is Boston still trying to work out a sign and trade to Charlotte or is it a done deal?

I am a little unclear on the current status. Is Boston still trying to work out a sign and trade to Charlotte or is it a done deal?
Ainge is asking for Ball and a draft pick.

It's a matter of opinion. IMHO, and I've been watching the NBA since the days of Bob Cousy, I think he is the GOAT with LeBron a close second. Then I would put Larry and Magic next in line. But as you have seen from the many lists they vary significantly. It's almost impossible to compare tthe different eras. Chamberlain is the most dominant force but he couldn't top the Celts except for one season in 1967 when the Sixers had that crazy good team. Remember that when Jabbar was at the top of his game -- Jabbar was at his best early in his career, Chamberlain who was well past his prime outplayed him in the '72 finals.
I respect all opinions for sure. And your perspective is valued to be watching as long as you have.

I felt blessed growing up watch MJ go from scorer to winner. Those Laker and Celt teams of the 80's were fun to watch as were the Pistons. MJ was incredible, but I just don't think he's the greatest. I don't think any player is the greatest of all time.

Like you said, Wilt was dominant unlike any player we've ever seen. They called him selfish, then he led the league in assists. LeBron has been amazing for so long. No matter where he goes, he brings a culture of success with him. Twice he took the worst team in the league over the prior 4 years to a title within 2 years (Cavs and Lakers).

I just think that people let MJ off the hook for having 5 losing seasons. The guy played 15 years. 33% of his seasons were losing seasons. That's unacceptable from a guy people put on a pedestal as being untouchable. In playoff games without Scottie Pippen, MJ was 1-10. That's awful.

Going back to TPE discussion from when Hayward left, there was a sizable vocal minority here that rationalized not getting a TPE and us lay posters, not being experts or professionals, wouldn't understand this. They would say things that indicated that they had no idea what a TPE was, like, "why would Ainge let us have his TPE?"

Going back to TPE discussion from when Hayward left, there was a sizable vocal minority here that rationalized not getting a TPE and us lay posters, not being experts or professionals, wouldn't understand this. They would say things that indicated that they had no idea what a TPE was, like, "why would Ainge let us have his TPE?"
Wow, flashbacks for sure.