What's new

Hayward Over George Looking Good Still

That sums it up about right. Both are good players, and I think both will do very well for themselves.

Do you like Boise? I did some kayaking there last summer and thought it was a great place.

I like Boise a lot. We made the move up last summer from Logan, so it's been a change. It's my second time living here, the first for the wife and kids, so it's been an adjustment for them, but a good one.

I know that Kayaking is pretty popular up here. I have never went, but go fishing quite a bit, so I spend time in McCall. During the summer Hwy 55 along the North Fork gets to be pretty crowded at times. Some of the whitewater looks pretty crazy. Maybe in my younger days haha.

George is the better player, no doubt. But did KOC really blow the pick? No. ALL the players who were drafted from 9-18 or so were bunched pretty tightly in terms of pre-draft rankings. Compare all those players and you'll see only TWO have turned out to very good NBA players. George is an all-star; Hayward is a solid starter. KOC didn't hit a home run, but he got a solid triple, unlike many GM's who struck out after he picked.

Couldn't agree more. While George would have been an awesome pick in hindsight, could have been worse.

I like Boise a lot. We made the move up last summer from Logan, so it's been a change. It's my second time living here, the first for the wife and kids, so it's been an adjustment for them, but a good one.

I know that Kayaking is pretty popular up here. I have never went, but go fishing quite a bit, so I spend time in McCall. During the summer Hwy 55 along the North Fork gets to be pretty crowded at times. Some of the whitewater looks pretty crazy. Maybe in my younger days haha.

Yeah haha. North fork is like Mecca for kayakers. My wife and I moved from Logan to Idaho last year too, but we are in Far East Idaho near Jackson hole.

Ask me this question after next year. I expect Hayward to step it up big time next year with no Al and Paul around (and hopefully no Mo either).

I still think if Hayward had the confidence and the lead scorer mentality, he could be doing everything George is doing. Hayward just doesn't have that mindset, at least yet.

Then again, put Hayward on a team like Indiana that doesn't have as good of individual offensive players as Utah and maybe he develops that. We saw that from George. In year 2 he deferred to Granger and was passive at times, but then was forced to develop the main scorer mentality with Granger injured.

I'm still not convinced. I mean, it's nice having the perma-green light but that doesn't make a play maker. I like situational Hayward, transition hay fo sho, but he doesn't dunk like George. He's much more rounded and efficiency matters, just don't think a green light sprinkles fairy dust n him.

George is awesome - GH is decent and will only get better. Instead of everyone (people on this board, commentators, etc.) saying how we could have drafted George, how about people talk about how the Clippers could have drafted GH or George but instead went with Al-Farouq Aminu?

Lol.

No one is giving credit where it is most deserving

Eric. Spolstra.

Those last 2 plays drawn up were fantastic. Having a Norris cole and lebron pick and roll was ingenious as Indy switched the pick and hill was left trying to guard lebron.

Had Ty Corbin drawn it up he would have had bird man shooting a desperation 3. Like big al did... Twice... Ugh

Give spolstra and lbj credit.

I personally don't blame George getting beat that bad. It is lbj, Malone with point guard skills. What is puzzling to me is taking out hibbert. So what if bosh is left open? He hasn't hit a game winner in his life. Keep your rim protector in. Hibbert and west should never sit in this series.

Is it me or is everyone with the last name Stevenson stupid? Anyone else remember that time he passed it to one of his teammates who was standing on the bench? What an idiot.

Lol.

No one is giving credit where it is most deserving

Eric. Spolstra.

Those last 2 plays drawn up were fantastic. Having a Norris cole and lebron pick and roll was ingenious as Indy switched the pick and hill was left trying to guard lebron.

Had Ty Corbin drawn it up he would have had bird man shooting a desperation 3. Like big al did... Twice... Ugh

Give spolstra and lbj credit.

I personally don't blame George getting beat that bad. It is lbj, Malone with point guard skills. What is puzzling to me is taking out hibbert. So what if bosh is left open? He hasn't hit a game winner in his life. Keep your rim protector in. Hibbert and west should never sit in this series.

Bosh hit a game winner in the Finals last year. It wasn't at the buzzer, but still.

George is awesome - GH is decent and will only get better. Instead of everyone (people on this board, commentators, etc.) saying how we could have drafted George, how about people talk about how the Clippers could have drafted GH or George but instead went with Al-Farouq Aminu?

Point god AB is talking about aminu... He thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Point god AB is talking about aminu... He thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckxDfmbllBc

George is a max player, and Gordon will get paid the marketable white nba star premium
Aminu is a team guy and will cost 5ish maybe, and hes clearly the better rebounder and flexes to the 4 without being a liability, Gordon and George are wing players.

Aminu will certainly prove you wrong, this is the type of player who can make the game look really easy, hes still about the age that michael jordan entered the league, infact hes younger than Jeff Withey, and will be paid like a #1 overall pick who just got drafted this year, probably. so please remember your words.

this kid is the type of athlete where he will even consider trying to block favors, hes really big, and hes gotten bigger and really can jump, and he can run and hes quick. EXCELLENT locker room guy too.

doesnt hold the ball at all on offense, isnt shooting 3's anymore so his FG% spiked bigtime last year, in not the best fit for him, the Hornets.... hes like jeremy evans but sooooo much better, id really like to have Gordon and Aminu, id argue thats better than paul george... maybe

oh and about this thread.

someone should close this, and never bring this topic up ever again.

are you guys insane?

Paul George can guard Lebron James

gordon will have nightmares for 40 days and 40 nights if he attempts that.

plus

George = Clutch
Hayward =
Reggie-miller-choke.jpg

and im not just talking about the playoffs vs the spurs.

u better believe the jazz make the playoffs with George over Hayward.

its asinine to think otherwise, Hayward didnt step up once kanter went down, George would have had something to say, Gordon played par for the course, maybe

What were they both known for even in college?

One was good at everything... Not great at anything.
One was great at scoring, in particular, shooting.

The defense was a wash as both seemed to be capable defenders in college.

The control variable here is inceased playing time and role. One has spent significant time on the bench and has never really had a clearly defined role. While the other has been given tons of pt and the keys to the car once granger went down.

Gordon Hayward might be one of the most over hyped Jazz players by Jazz fans ever. He's good (and very marketable to the Utah fanbase) but WYSIWYG with him...he won't become a superstar or perennial all star. Paul George is hands down the better player and has more potential, but as others said, we didn't completely "whiff" by drafting Hayward.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MVP
Gordon Hayward might be one of the most over hyped Jazz players by Jazz fans ever. He's good (and very marketable to the Utah fanbase) but WYSIWYG with him...he won't become a superstar or perennial all star. Paul George is hands down the better player and has more potential, but as others said, we didn't completely "whiff" by drafting Hayward.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

No one has over-rated him. He is the third best player on a championship team, much Manu. Now, why in the world do people want to trade such a valuable piece for potential, especially when most of the potential is...the third best player on a championship team.

Hayward is a known commodity, and still has potential. To give him up, you have to at least get guaranteed equal return. Nothing in this draft is that.