What's new

Hayward Sets Goal To Be An All-Star

Hayward...........

If he can improve his shot to the point where players have to run out to him, it will open up his driving game a lot. There is no reason that this can't happen, so yeah, i hope he does improve.

The biggest problem with him becoming an all star is that he has two players at two different positions yapping at his heels namely Burks and Marvin. All three of them can't start, yet all three of them could start on some NBA teams so one of them has to be content on the bench. Unfortunately Marvin being a #2 i believe pick has reason to expect to start and Burks has the raw athleticism and aggression to start, yet of the three, the only one who has said he doesn't mind coming off the bench is ..... Hayward.

Well, we have said he should take on the play style of Ginobili, and Ginobili has made all star games off the bench (i think, need to check) so what the heck, sixth man Hayward.

I don't see him making it this year. That seems like a pretty huge leap. But as far as future All-Star appearances, he can certainly do it. Like others said, it'll greatly depend on how consistent he can get with that outside shot--it really opens up the rest of his game--and his competitive edge. No more streaky shooting, and no more passive games.

Hayward...........

If he can improve his shot to the point where players have to run out to him, it will open up his driving game a lot. There is no reason that this can't happen, so yeah, i hope he does improve.

The biggest problem with him becoming an all star is that he has two players at two different positions yapping at his heels namely Burks and Marvin. All three of them can't start, yet all three of them could start on some NBA teams so one of them has to be content on the bench. Unfortunately Marvin being a #2 i believe pick has reason to expect to start and Burks has the raw athleticism and aggression to start, yet of the three, the only one who has said he doesn't mind coming off the bench is ..... Hayward.

Well, we have said he should take on the play style of Ginobili, and Ginobili has made all star games off the bench (i think, need to check) so what the heck, sixth man Hayward.

Burks starting over Hayward? That would be funny and probably wouldn't last three games. Burks hasn't actually done anything yet, other than light up third units during blow-outs.

Burks starting over Hayward? That would be funny and probably wouldn't last three games. Burks hasn't actually done anything yet, other than light up third units during blow-outs.

Burks is the only player that can drive without the aid of a screen. That has to raise his stock considerably. I think we could see Burks and Hay starting at the 2 and 3. The guy who hasn't done anything in a Jazz uniform is Marv (although you have to like his chances of beating Burks for a starting job).

Burks **** all over the Lakers in the 4th quarter. including blowing right by Kobe for an and-one in our last game against them methinks (same one Kanter got 17 in, if I remember correctly). He was easily our best player of that quarter, carried us through several possessions. How quickly some forget.

Burks **** all over the Lakers in the 4th quarter. including blowing right by Kobe for an and-one in our last game against them methinks (same one Kanter got 17 in, if I remember correctly). He was easily our best player of that quarter, carried us through several possessions. How quickly some forget.

Also, no Jefferson in that game. Lest we forget, amen.

Hayward has the talent to do it. It seems his biggest weakness is confidence, so I dont know if that is a mental thing that he is stuck with, or he just needs to get it flowing to convince himself he can do it. That is the part that sort of bothers me. I like Hayward alot, but it seems to me that most great players, while they might have slumps, never really lose total confidence in themselves. They miss 10 straight and always still think the next one is good and they are the best option. Hayward doesnt seem to have that inherent cockiness that might be needed for greatness, in my opinion. Hope im wrong though, but thats my fear with him..

He has a long way to go to make it happen, and while this could blow up in his face, this also forces him to keep his pedal to the metal.

Kobe and Durant were the only wing players on the All-Star team last year for the West. Everyone else was a big man or a PG. I'm not sure if that makes his goal easier or harder, but there is definitely room for wing players on the team.

Also, 2 of the guys from the West are now playing for the East (Bynum and Nash). Igoudala being traded to the West adds a 2012 wing All-Star though.