What's new

Hayward Sprained AC - Questionable for Monday

Its simple if there is moderate risk to cause more damage you sit him. If this really is low risk, and he should be fine, he plays.

Its simple if there is moderate risk to cause more damage you sit him. If this really is low risk, and he should be fine, he plays.

Pretty much this. There is no point in risking a serious injury and the long-term health of a player that's considered a cornerstone for the future. Plus it would be a good time to see if others players (Exum, Hood, Trey, etc.) are capable of carrying a greater load.

I disagree. Anytime you have a sprain, you're forced to overcompensate by using the other side more or unnaturally to take pressure off the injured side. Shut Gordon down for at least 1 week. And this is on the heels of having a back that is still hurting.

Knowing next to nothing about this type of injury, my initial thought was to give Hayward a week off and then re-evaluate him.

Contract Bonus: Extra Vacation time when management doesn't want to make the playoffs?

Bad idea. I have no idea how severe this injury is, but you play him when he is healthy enough to play. This team needs minutes together to continue to build chemistry.

Not sure I trust our medical staff. Hood is doing well right now but they sent him out twice and he got re-injured right away. Took too long to get Burks in for surgery. Not sure they handled Memo right. Let Hay sit at least long enough to be 100% sure it is 100% healed.

Hayward is out then?....

Did you know since the Statues the jazz have scored 69 points or less in just 6 home games. They were 1-5 in those games, the lone win coming against Dallas (68-66) on 12/12/97. Dennis Scott and Michael Finley had 21 points each for Dallas, Karl Malone had 23 for the Jazz. Stockton only had 4 assists. Adam Keefe had a game high 11 rebounds. (could Keefe average 20 & 10 playing in OKC...probably).

The worst jazz showing at home was 29 Nov 2005 against the Indiana Pacers. Andre Owens hit a 17-ft jumper with 13 seconds remaining to get the jazz to 60 points on the night. The Jazz were led in their defeat by Milt Palacio who failed to score in 26 minutes, but did have 1 rebound and 2 assists and 2 turnovers. Robert Whaley contributed 0 points in 13 minutes but filled up the box score with 3 turnovers and 5 fouls. Whaley's friend, Torey Ellis, had a team high 14 points.

Anyway watch for some epic low scoring if Hayward is out.

Hayward is out then?....

Did you know since the Statues the jazz have scored 69 points or less in just 6 home games. They were 1-5 in those games, the lone win coming against Dallas (68-66) on 12/12/97. Dennis Scott and Michael Finley had 21 points each for Dallas, Karl Malone had 23 for the Jazz. Stockton only had 4 assists. Adam Keefe had a game high 11 rebounds. (could Keefe average 20 & 10 playing in OKC...probably).

Anyway watch for some epic low scoring if Hayward is out.

Epic low scoring? Come on, the Jazz managed to put 87 against the Knicks without Hayward.

T'Wolves entire team is sitting out. I think they have 8 healthy players. This is going to be an ugly game.

Wiggins vs. Hood

LaVine vs. Exum

Favors vs. double and triple teams

Epic low scoring? Come on, the Jazz managed to put 87 against the Knicks without Hayward.

The legendary Knicks defense anchored by Andrea Bargnani? But yes I see yr point against the tanking teams...

Fwiw the jazz have a soft schedule down the stretch Timberpups twice, kings twice, Nuggetts twice. Would have been nice if they were trying to make the playoffs.

Trevor Booker
EFG% with GH on the floor: 55.7%
EFG% with GH off the floor: 47.2%

Dante Exum
EFG% with GH on the floor: 47.4%
EFG% with GH off the floor: 41.7%

Rodney Hood
EFG% with GH on floor: 52.5%
EFG% with GH off the floor: 44.7%

Derrick Favors
EFG% with GH on floor: 54.6%
EFG% with GH off the floor: 48.4%

Trey Burke
EFG% with GH: 46.1%
EFG% with GH off the floor: 38.4%

Basically, everyone our team becomes a 7% better shooter with Hayward on the floor.

Basically, everyone our team becomes a 7% better shooter with Hayward on the floor.

Obviously KOCbeGone is trolling but still might need to hide that stat from him since JIngles and "Haywood" are the same player.

About Hood, I have noticed they are trying to give him a Hayward like role when he's not playing with Hayward so this will be good experience for him assuming Hayward misses games and if he shows he that he's capable that speaks very well for the Jazz' future for sure.

Also about that play, the first thing I thought of is if that was Kobe or any Superstar guarantee the refs immediately blow a flagrant foul and review to see if it was a 2 and the player gets ejected. Black didn't have any ill intent but he was jumping towards Hayward so by rule and the laws of physics means he didn't go straight up and down.

I think the organization should make a decision at the margin and everybody on here giving suggestions on how to handle the situation is dumb.

#100RAPclub

My guess is the Jazz organization is carefully monitoring the thread and they will make their plans for Hayward's treatments accordingly.

Sent from the JazzFanz app