What's new

HC candidates

I argued that’s what Quin needed last year. Perhaps we’d be in a different place right now.
I also think it’d be hard being a first time head coach in general and doing it at the NBA level and having someone with the kind of experience as Stotts has to be on the staff. I don’t want to say it’s intimidating but it’s like when a kid gets his license. He doesn’t want adults lingering like they’re still supervising, he wants to take his friends out and call the shots. It’s after you get that out of your system that you bring someone else in.

I also think it’d be hard being a first time head coach in general and doing it at the NBA level and having someone with the kind of experience as Stotts has to be on the staff. I don’t want to say it’s intimidating but it’s like when a kid gets his license. He doesn’t want adults lingering like they’re still supervising, he wants to take his friends out and call the shots. It’s after you get that out of your system that you bring someone else in.
Doesn't Stotts have some ties to the organization?

I think that it'd be beneficial to have someone with head coaching experience to help with day to day stuff as JB gets adjusted.
Yeah but Stotts is probably a pretty intimidating one. I certainly wouldn’t mind that but I don’t necessarily see it.

I also don't know where to be irritated or impressed if we ultimately hire Bryant who was considered the front runner from the start after interviewing 15 candidates multiple times.