What's new

Hey Cy....

Bodhi

Contributor
....I have some Otto Porter question/thought vomit I’d like you to respond to:

-I don’t think Washington rolls out that team, as is, again. So that leaves anyone not named Beal or Wall available, IMO.

-Does Porter have more “meat on the bone” if he were to be on a team without those two?

-I don’t watch him a lot so I don’t know how much he can create his own offense. Go.

-Is this just a waste of time since that contract (with trade kicker) is just simply ridiculous? (And we have very few ways to do it anyway...)

-Can he play the 4? Small ball 4? 3/4/positionless with Crowder?

-Do you still like him?

-Do you still like me?

-Am I super late to the game and the Rally Churo®️ Is for herbs?

Jazzfanz, sound off!

(Or have a single reply and then get buried on the second page in 12hrs)

Well, we know DL visited with Porter's agent last year as a backup plan but then Porter signed an offer sheet that was matched. I don't want any part of that contract. It's a killer. And he's been dealing with leg issues. I guess you could throw Burks, Jerebko, Thabo and Udoh at WA to match salaries.

I'm bullish on Bryant and Snyder developing Crowder's ability to shoot the 3. Re-sign Favs to give the Jazz the option of playing 2 bigs and of having a good center when Rudy goes to the bench...or misses games. Then Crowder and Thabo give the option of playing small at the 4.

Porter would be a perfect fit for the Jazz IMO. He played the 4 some at the beginning of this year IIRC due to injuries. Also with teams going small - and add to the fact that Porter is already a very good defender, he should be more than capable guarding the 4.

Offensively I can't think of anyone better than Porter shooting away from 3's and he also has the ability to drive and finish as well. Perfect system type player who doesn't need the ball in his hand to be effective.

WAS would be asking an arm and a leg for him though so to me there's 0.01% chance he's joining our team. We would be better off selling new FAs on our rise in the playoffs and make them come join us next year OR the Crowder option that @Siro alluded to.

It’s widely thought Washington sees him as untouchable? That team is in cap hell no? They are married to Beal/Wall, and as currently constituted have hit their ceiling.

If I’m Washington, anything is on the table, including lowering salary to become more flexible.

If I’m Utah I really like everything I see......except that contract.

Who would we trade to match salaries? We can pick him up like we could have last year and even if we did trade for him that pretty much seals Rubio out of the picture which I'm against

Yeah, pretty much here, as with my job, I’m just the “idea guy”.....you guys figure out how to make it happen.

Please.

....I have some Otto Porter question/thought vomit I’d like you to respond to:

-I don’t think Washington rolls out that team, as is, again. So that leaves anyone not named Beal or Wall available, IMO.

-Does Porter have more “meat on the bone” if he were to be on a team without those two?

-I don’t watch him a lot so I don’t know how much he can create his own offense. Go.

-Is this just a waste of time since that contract (with trade kicker) is just simply ridiculous? (And we have very few ways to do it anyway...)

-Can he play the 4? Small ball 4? 3/4/positionless with Crowder?

-Do you still like him?

-Do you still like me?

-Am I super late to the game and the Rally Churo®️ Is for herbs?

Jazzfanz, sound off!

(Or have a single reply and then get buried on the second page in 12hrs)

1. Yes, I think Porter can look much better on a different team like Utah.
2. I really havent watched enough of him recently to comment on how much better his individual creation game is. He doesnt draw shooting fouls. I think he is mostly limited to dribble pull-ups as he isnt really a dribble penetrator.
3. I don't think it's ridiculous. He'd be a great fit. He's an elite spot-up shooter and has good defensive length. I just don't see how Utah could make a trade work unless Washington just really wants to get off the contract (people are speculating a sign and trade with Boogie Cousins with Porter going to the Pelicans). He'd would also probably have to agree to waive his trade kicker.
4. Yeah, I think he could play the 4.
5. I still like him
6. I still like you

Sign and trade with Pelicans sounds like a good deal for both teams. Probably depends on Davis' willingness to play the 5 full-time. Hasn't he said he doesn't want to be a center? But the game has changed. He can dominate at the 5 and not get roughed up. Mirotic-Davis-Porter-Holliday-Rondo would be a damn good lineup. And on the Washington side, Wall has said a couple of times the Bullets need an athletic center. Plus, aren't he and Cousins good friends?

I would like porter on the jazz, huge contract and all.

I like Porter. I think he would be a good fit despite his contract.

If I was Washington, I would trade John Wall. His contract is the truly toxic one and he is the player they could get the most for. You could trade John Wall to some desperate team like Orlando, Toronto, Charlotte or maybe even Cleveland and get back some major assets.

Since my last name is Porter, and seeing all the times people have said "I like Porter" in this thread, I am definitely on board for this acquisition.