What's new

HH's New FA Crush

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Yall know I have a wandering eye and tend to fall in love with prospective free agent additions.

Last year I had a summer crush on Alex Caruso... who has been a very nice rotation piece for the Lakers and is on a good value deal.

My attention turned to Christian Wood, but his market and our budget likely won't align... I'm dealing with this future heartache by looking elsewhere... the guy I latched onto... SHAQ!

Not that Shaq... Shaquille Harrison. He's a PG Wing combo. His height is a little all over the place but he's likely 6'4 or 6'5 but with a long wingspan.

Really good defender... his team is like 8 points per 100 possessions better with him on the floor... He has a steal rate and block rate similar to Matisse Thybulle…. but he also grabs 6 reb/per 36M... so he's better there. I think he's big enough to guard 1-3 most nights and might be able to go 1-4 in certain matchups.

He has some shades of Royce, but not as thick with better ballhandling.

Restricted FA that I think could be had in the Caruso budget range... 2-3M a year over a few years might provide a nice value.

I'm planting my flag... this is my FA hope... @infection please co-sign... @Dennis Lindsey please take note.

I know too little about him, and it’s a little hard to return to looking at basketball stuff after sinking into the hellhole of general discussion.

He is among league leaders in steal rate, deflections, and loose balls recovered. He's very disruptive.

Shot 38% from 3 this year on a limited sample... He's been much lower than that the past two years... I'd expect him to be around 30-35%.

The offseason is going to be interesting. Will the salary cap drop? Lots of moving players in a short time. The draft wont have a summer league.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The offseason is going to be interesting. Will the salary cap drop? Lots of moving players is a short time. The draft wont have a summer league.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Cap will drop but not sure by how much. If we re-sign Clarkson we won’t use full mid level as it will likely push us into the tax. I like Shaq because he addresses a weakness (perimeter defense) and can be used at a handful of positions. Seems like he’s be an ideal role player.

This years draft will be interesting. Next years rookies will have a hard time being immediate impact guys.

Would this make Conley expiring be way valuable? I'm being super lazy and can't even remember when he expires or really anything about a normal world.
This will be an interesting plot line. Conley is definitely opting in. And when the cap shrinks, it will make his expiring deal more valuable to a team that needs to unload a longer deal.

We cleared money for Bojan and Ed Davis last year. We'd have to do it again by trading out Conley and Davis, like we did with Favors. Maybe we'd get a 2nd-rd pick back or something small.
What team has 40M in cap space this year and would want to use it on older guys.... let me save you the trouble... no teams have that. We have no space and with a shrinking cap it will be difficult to create.

Shaq would fit us better offensively than Bulls. Doesn't get much ballhandling duties in Chicago but he would touch the ball more in the flow of offense here. When he played for the Suns, I think he played some PG and he has good passing instincts. Nothing special, though.

There are 2 hitches in his shooting mechanic that makes me cringe some but he is shooting better this season albeit on 1 attempt per game.