What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Hmmmm you don’t say?

oneye

2018 Award Winner
At this point, beyond me being a troll on this issue, with how much noise is popping up right now, it sure seems like Donovan’s camp may legitimately be leaking things at the moment. There should not be this much nonsense in the first half of the first year of his max contract unless it’s wanted to be out there.

Also, this is Rudy’s latest comment and Donovan’s latest Twitter like. I tried to tell you all this story is closer to an end than a beginning:

To be clear, Rudy is 100% right, and Donovan is 100% passive aggressive, a PR machine, and a guy who doesn’t hold teammates accountable. At some point someone has to say it out loud that guys have not held themselves accountable. Can you trade Donovan for a haul big enough to continue competing with Rudy? Or just call it good. I honestly don’t know.

Last edited:

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
At this point, beyond me being a troll on this issue, with how much noise is popping up right now, it sure seems like Donovan’s camp may legitimately be leaking things at the moment. There should not be this much nonsense in the first half of the first year of his max contract unless it’s wanted to be out there.

Also, this is Rudy’s latest comment and Donovan’s latest Twitter like. I tried to tell you all this story is closer to an end than a beginning:

To be clear, Rudy is 100% right, and Donovan is 100% passive aggressive, a PR machine, and a guy who doesn’t hold teammates accountable. At some point someone has to say it out loud that guys have not held themselves accountable. Can you trade Donovan for a haul big enough to continue competing with Rudy? Or just call it good. I honestly don’t know.

The Rudy Donovan beef is more worrisome than the other stuff.

MT Steve

Contributor
The source of this rumor is some obscure Heat "insider" that even other Heat fans make fun of for constantly being wrong.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner

If it came down to it I would keep Gobert over Donovan, no question. He is far more impactful on the games. What could we get for Donovan?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
And the Rudy/Donovan dynamic? It’s all patched up too right? Donovan is also stirring the pot liking that tweet. No wonder they can’t succeed, all the leadership on this team is ***.
Both guys are in the wrong there... and no I never bought in that they were 100% cool. I can see it in the way the guys talk to each other.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
It feels like DM has plateaued. He is worse this year than last, in nearly every metric, especially defense where his stats are flat or down on most advanced metrics for defense. Is it time to sell high and see what we can get? Is there any way to move him at the deadline and get even close to equal value back?

I think it might be worth it to explore a multi-player deal where we get 2 or 3 guys back for DM and replace his production by committee, as long as those guys were capable 3&D type dudes.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Both guys are in the wrong there... and no I never bought in that they were 100% cool. I can see it in the way the guys talk to each other.
I wonder how much of it is getting in each other's spotlight. Or rather, how much of it is Gobert getting in Mitchell's spotlight and Gobert being frustrated Mitchell seems more intent on stats and hero-ball than winning?