What's new

Home security system

I made a post about this in another thread but I want some help and advice. So any recommendations for a good security system? I'm not to concerned about price but my main requirement is no monthly fees.
I want to purchase the equipment (I'm thinking like $500) and that's it.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe this? Murica :D
Product%20SPAS%2012%201.jpg56b284d8-bbb6-462f-ac9c-c8303b8f0939Larger.jpg

I will monitor it. In other words, I'm not looking for a monitored system.

I bought a system that you can have up to 7 sensors with. They all sync up with a home base station and if something triggers it, the number of the sensor on the home station lights up and makes a noise so you know where to look if needed.

No monthly fees, just a system with sensors. Range is up to 2000 feet as well from the base station. I was thinking of adding a couple of remote cameras too with the sensors cause I live in a somewhat wooded area but haven't gotten that far into the process yet.

Only a couple hundred dollars for the system with extra sensors. For just one sendor and the base station it was seriously like 60 or 70 bucks and it works really well.

I bought a system that you can have up to 7 sensors with. They all sync up with a home base station and if something triggers it, the number of the sensor on the home station lights up and makes a noise so you know where to look if needed.

No monthly fees, just a system with sensors. Range is up to 2000 feet as well from the base station. I was thinking of adding a couple of remote cameras too with the sensors cause I live in a somewhat wooded area but haven't gotten that far into the process yet.

Only a couple hundred dollars for the system with extra sensors. For just one sendor and the base station it was seriously like 60 or 70 bucks and it works really well.
What's it called?

@fishonjazz did you decide on a security system?
I ended up going with Ring and gave in and am going to pay 10 dollars a month for it which really pisses me off but at least the wife is happy. Im also going to get some Arlo Pro 2 cameras for the exterior of the house.

Bump this, a couple of years later.

Anyone get into the Ring doorbell camera, or similar, that can recommend anything for me? @fishonjazz how do you like your ring camera now a couple years down the road?

We are looking at basic camera set up at 3 points outside and a doorbell camera, hopefully that all work together, any recommendations? The market here has kind of consolidated and exploded at the same time with names like Ring, Blink, Arlo, eufey and even Kasa and I think google home getting in on the action. Anyone add anything like this recently you can recommend?

I really want a floodlight camera for one area outside and a doorbell one as well. We have an active porch pirate in the area and, weirdly enough, I am pretty sure my neighbor has taken my dog and my daughter's dog out of our yard because she is pissed they bark sometimes. I want to catch her in the act because she is a hateful bitch and needs to be put down.

Any suggestions appreciated. Prefer local storage and no monitoring or monthly fee if possible.

Right now leaning hard toward Blink, which is amazon's basic system where Ring is their premium version. But blink can store video on a 256 gb micro on a hub and they are fairly cheap and seem to be good quality. And I do not mind I can access them through Alexa.

Bump this, a couple of years later.

Anyone get into the Ring doorbell camera, or similar, that can recommend anything for me? @fishonjazz how do you like your ring camera now a couple years down the road?

We are looking at basic camera set up at 3 points outside and a doorbell camera, hopefully that all work together, any recommendations? The market here has kind of consolidated and exploded at the same time with names like Ring, Blink, Arlo, eufey and even Kasa and I think google home getting in on the action. Anyone add anything like this recently you can recommend?

I really want a floodlight camera for one area outside and a doorbell one as well. We have an active porch pirate in the area and, weirdly enough, I am pretty sure my neighbor has taken my dog and my daughter's dog out of our yard because she is pissed they bark sometimes. I want to catch her in the act because she is a hateful bitch and needs to be put down.

Any suggestions appreciated. Prefer local storage and no monitoring or monthly fee if possible.

Right now leaning hard toward Blink, which is amazon's basic system where Ring is their premium version. But blink can store video on a 256 gb micro on a hub and they are fairly cheap and seem to be good quality. And I do not mind I can access them through Alexa.
My company installs about 3000 eufy cameras each year, so I can highly recommend them. They have a camera called the s40 which has a solar panel built in, so you do not have to worry about running power lines or charging them up every few months. The doorbell camera is great as well. Any camera you get should be at least 2k resolution. 1080 is 8 year old camera tech. The only negative the cameras have is a built in storage which you can not expand. They do have AI so it should take away most of the unnecessary recordings.

My company installs about 3000 eufy cameras each year, so I can highly recommend them. They have a camera called the s40 which has a solar panel built in, so you do not have to worry about running power lines or charging them up every few months. The doorbell camera is great as well. Any camera you get should be at least 2k resolution. 1080 is 8 year old camera tech. The only negative the cameras have is a built in storage which you can not expand. They do have AI so it should take away most of the unnecessary recordings.
Cool I will check it out. They are on my short list. What do you think about Wyze? They are coming in on the budget end but with some decent features.

Cool I will check it out. They are on my short list. What do you think about Wyze? They are coming in on the budget end but with some decent features.
I honestly don’t have any feedback for Wyze. I never used them since they are a budget brand. I have used Eufy, Lorex and Reolink extensively because they don’t have a monthly fee to view clips.

I honestly don’t have any feedback for Wyze. I never used them since they are a budget brand. I have used Eufy, Lorex and Reolink extensively because they don’t have a monthly fee to view clips.
Gotcha. I saw some Reolink on sale before, are they decent? Seem to have a good feature set.

They are. Less than a eufy but I would only get the 2k version (Argus 3 2k), $90 plus solar panel ($25)
Cool, thanks that helps!

Do you do installs in SoCal? :D

Cool, thanks that helps!

Do you do installs in SoCal? :D
I wish, we are Florida based. They are actually really easy and only take 3 screws. Each camera should be about a 10 min install. If you don’t want to do it, I would hire a teen in the neighborhood.

@Bucknutz

You mentioned wireless with these cameras, the eufy specifically. Do they have to be connected to one’s WiFi then? Or is there a chip (I’m not using the correct term) that you pull out of it (my stepdad has something like this for his hunting cameras) and out into your computer to review activity?

@Bucknutz

You mentioned wireless with these cameras, the eufy specifically. Do they have to be connected to one’s WiFi then? Or is there a chip (I’m not using the correct term) that you pull out of it (my stepdad has something like this for his hunting cameras) and out into your computer to review activity?
They need to be connected to your Wi-Fi. You can access your clips remotely from your phone or tablet. If your power goes out, since the cameras are battery powered, they will still continue to record. Once the power comes back on, all the clips will be there ready to be viewed.

@Bucknutz

And some of them have a base station that holds a microSD card. The Blink from amazon do this, they have a "hub" the cameras connect to through wifi that stores video clips on a microSD card. And you can get them over the app through wifi as well. That is one reason I am leaning that way for mine. Ease of access for the clips.