What's new

Honeymoon

Gittin married ROCKS! I've been married 37 times. Everyone of them Babes was filthy rich when I married them, too! Unfortunately, within a couple months they were all impoverished, so I had no choice but to divorce their sorry ***, but, still.......

Overall, the Mormon divorce rate appears to be no different from the average American divorce rate. A 1999 study by Barna Research of nearly 4,000 U.S. adults showed that 24% of Mormon marriages end in divorce -- a number statistically equal to the divorce rate among all Americans

Wait a minute. What happened to the 50% divorce rate that I see thrown around on a regular basis?

I can't imagine marrying someone without having at least talked about wants, needs and desires in great depth before getting hitched.

Funny story. I had a friend that got married within a couple of months after returning from his mission. He and his wife had dated since 9th grade and she had waited for him while he was out in the field. She was the epitome of Little Miss Molly Mormon. During the entire time they dated she wouldn't make out. She wouldn't even talk about sex because "it might lead to something worse". Essentially, when they got married the most they had ever done was hold hands, cuddle while watching a movie and quick kisses on the lips. We used to tease him that his sex life was going to bite but he loved her and didn't think it mattered.

He ended up spending the entire first night of their marriage in the bathroom because she was so aggressive and so nasty that he totally freaked out and didn't know what to do. LOL He got over it but for a while he honestly thought that he had made a huge mistake. It took a few days for us to convince him how lucky he was and to just shut up and enjoy it!

Last edited:
I recently got back from a cruise to the western Caribbean. It was pretty much the greatest vacation ever. 7 nights, 4 stops (Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Cozumel Mexico, and Haiti). Sailed on Royal Caribbean, Liberty of the Seas.
I definitely encourage a Western Caribbean cruise.

...And to contribute to this thread, Mrs. bigb and I went to Jackson Hole for our honeymoon. It's a place that's not too far away and you can drive to. It's beautiful with plenty of stuff to do....

Mrs. bigb? what about Mrs. catratcho?

LOL.

Archie,

I think the FBI said about 150 people have gone missing off of cruise ships over the last 10-15 years but with international waters and terrorism and all, well, they're still "missing."

Good choice.

We decided to go on a Mexican Riviera cruise. Hopefully it's fun.

Damn. Bro. Had no idea you were getting married. Congrats. I guess. I thought you were pretty young...but then again, out there Utahr, you kids do get married pretty young. Again, congrats. Hopefully the honeymoon is everything it's supposed to be.

Also, can I see a picture of your fiancee...if you don't mind.

Archie -

One last piece of advice: Take a video camera, you'll have fun with it. HOWEVER, make sure you don't return the camera to your brother/mother without taking the video out. (true story)

Damn. Bro. Had no idea you were getting married. Congrats. I guess. I thought you were pretty young...but then again, out there Utahr, you kids do get married pretty young. Again, congrats. Hopefully the honeymoon is everything it's supposed to be.

Also, can I see a picture of your fiancee...if you don't mind.

Thanks for the half assed compliment, I guess. :D

Anyways, when I get married, I'll be 2 months shy of being 27. Is that really too young to get married? Says the national average is 27.8, so I'm just under it. Are you married Vinylone? How old are you? Will your problem with me prevent you from answering the previous two questions?

CA coast is great. Carmel/Monterrey - you can get a great room overlooking the ocean. Nothing like hearing the waves crash against the shore while you're in front of a nice fireplace or sharing a jacuzzi together.

Then you have other options like driving up to the Redwoods, or visiting SF if you want to go that route. There's also a nice Victorian town (Ferndale) with some great B&B's - or there are B&B's all along the coast. PM me if it sounds interesting. No...not Brokeback style. I meant if No CA sounds like a possibility for you and wife, I have some knowledge of nice honeymoon accommodations.

And BTW, congrats. 27 is a good age. You'll still be young enough to find someone else after she grows tired of you and skips off with Pepe, the gardener. Just kidding.

Oh, just saw the Mexican Riviera cruise decision. Have fun.

Last edited:
CA coast is great. Carmel/Monterrey - you can get a great room overlooking the ocean. Nothing like hearing the waves crash against the shore while you're in front of a nice fireplace or sharing a jacuzzi together.

Then you have other options like driving up to the Redwoods, or visiting SF if you want to go that route. There's also a nice Victorian town (Ferndale) with some great B&B's - or there are B&B's all along the coast. PM me if it sounds interesting. No...not Brokeback style. I meant if No CA sounds like a possibility for you and wife, I have some knowledge of nice honeymoon accommodations.

And BTW, congrats. 27 is a good age. You'll still be young enough to find someone else after she grows tired of you and skips off with Pepe, the gardener. Just kidding.

Oh, just saw the Mexican Riviera cruise decision. Have fun.

Yeah, I lived in the Bay Area and I've done all that stuff. I have never been to Mexico though. Carmel is probably the most beautiful place in CA.

Thanks for the half assed compliment, I guess. :D

Anyways, when I get married, I'll be 2 months shy of being 27. Is that really too young to get married? Says the national average is 27.8, so I'm just under it. Are you married Vinylone? How old are you? Will your problem with me prevent you from answering the previous two questions?

27 is a good age. I thought you were 22 or something.

Not married. Bro. I just turned 37 this year. Never been married. It's hard to get a girl to want to be with you, when you have problems with your...you know what, I've said too much.