What's new

HOU game // side thread // Bojan turnover counter

NAOS

3 turnovers in his first stint. HOU’s defense seems perfectly tooled to eat him alive.

will update

This is the biggest weakness to his game. I almost made a thread before you.

It was fine.

Bojan redeemed himself like a ************
There are a couple things here. First, he has a bad tendency to put the ball in front of the defender and allow them to get hands on it when he drives. He also isn't strong enough to hold onto it through contact so it gets stripped easily. On top of that his ball-handling skills are good, but not great, so he tends to bobble it when he gets into traffic.

That said, he also gets hit a ton with no calls. He gets bodied and gets his arm swiped with regularity and frankly I'm inclined to claim he might be the most-fouled, least-called higher volume player out there, definitely on our team.

Bottom line, he needs to improve his hand-strength and/or ability to cup the ball when moving through traffic on the way to the rim, and he needs to learn some tricks to keep the ball away from the defender on the dribble-drive. He also needs to work on finishing through contact and making the moves that will help draw the fouls, like swiping his arms upward through the contract to draw the attention of the refs.

But in the end I'm happy with his play in general. He brings something we've never had, which has been very effective despite his flaws in this regard. I'm ecstatic to have him on our team right now. He's a winner and that is what we need.

And plays like that shot last night burying Houston go a long way to taking the sting out of his mistakes with the ball. I think more often than not it's a positive thing for him to have the ball, rather than a negative. And I'd tell him to keep being aggressive. It's a driver for us as a team.

LOL, there is a TO counter thread of Bojan but not Joe? TF?

Joe is the biggest offender here. Dude throws more IAP's Per 36 than anyone in the league (I made that stat up ((I'll advised passes)) and the ranking league wide........its Monday, I can do whatever I want!)

Dude throws more IAP's Per 36 than anyone in the league (I made that stat up ((I'll advised passes)) and the ranking league wide........its Monday, I can do whatever I want!)
Why don’t you stop advising him to throw those passes? Clearly this is your fault.

Last edited:
There are a couple things here. First, he has a bad tendency to put the ball in front of the defender and allow them to get hands on it when he drives. He also isn't strong enough to hold onto it through contact so it gets stripped easily. On top of that his ball-handling skills are good, but not great, so he tends to bobble it when he gets into traffic.

That said, he also gets hit a ton with no calls. He gets bodied and gets his arm swiped with regularity and frankly I'm inclined to claim he might be the most-fouled, least-called higher volume player out there, definitely on our team.

Bottom line, he needs to improve his hand-strength and/or ability to cup the ball when moving through traffic on the way to the rim, and he needs to learn some tricks to keep the ball away from the defender on the dribble-drive. He also needs to work on finishing through contact and making the moves that will help draw the fouls, like swiping his arms upward through the contract to draw the attention of the refs.

But in the end I'm happy with his play in general. He brings something we've never had, which has been very effective despite his flaws in this regard. I'm ecstatic to have him on our team right now. He's a winner and that is what we need.

And plays like that shot last night burying Houston go a long way to taking the sting out of his mistakes with the ball. I think more often than not it's a positive thing for him to have the ball, rather than a negative. And I'd tell him to keep being aggressive. It's a driver for us as a team.
He’s too predictable. That’s his biggest flaw. You’ve pointed out many of the others.

this... so annoying that the NBA rewards dudes for flopping and guys that go through the contact and make a legit basketball play don't get the call... if he threw his head back or flailed his arms to make a spectacle of it then he gets a call.

I just wish they'd make attempts to figure this part of the game out. Just add some nebulous "unnormal basketball motion with intent to draw a foul" to the rules... so guys that stop in front of other dudes or swing their arms up, or jump sideways don't get those BS calls.

Also, just get rid of the charge. You can have offensive fouls still with dudes dislodging guys, but the charge as called is a joke. I've played pickup ball for 20 years and seen a charge called like twice... both times resulted in a fight. It ain't basketball.

Why don’t you stop advising him to throw those passes? Clearly this is your fault.

He's much better when he takes the JC mantra on of "I'm shooting this ****". Seems to overthink the pass and throws it just a little late.

LOL, there is a TO counter thread of Bojan but not Joe? TF?

Joe is the biggest offender here. Dude throws more IAP's Per 36 than anyone in the league (I made that stat up ((I'll advised passes)) and the ranking league wide........its Monday, I can do whatever I want!)

Bogey averages 2.6 turnovers a game compared to Joe's 1.9 and he doesn't do near as much passing or ball handling as Joe. Joe also has the best assist/To ratio on the team at 2.7, Bogey is at 0.8

Bojan gave up the ball several times in the 4th, he missed an I'll advised, forced shot with 3 minutes left, and he missed several rebounds. If he made any of those plays then we wouldnt have been behind with 30 seconds or with 1.6 seconds.

And then he totally redeemed himself. Sure. But I pull my hair out many games yelling soft at the tv when bogey is playing.