What's new

How About Dallas

Meh, at least the Suns lost to the Mavs with Luka at full strength. We lost 2 of the first 3 games of our series with Luka not even playing.

Meh, at least the Suns lost to the Mavs with Luka at full strength. We lost 2 of the first 3 games of our series with Luka not even playing.
It will hurt more... because the narrative becomes "its not that bad... we lost to the conference champ!!!" People will generously leave out the fact that Luka played half the series.

It justifies lesser actions rather than the overhaul we need.

It will hurt more... because the narrative becomes "its not that bad... we lost to the conference champ!!!" People will generously leave out the fact that Luka played half the series.

It justifies lesser actions rather than the overhaul we need.

This is my biggest fear...the front office will end up talking themselves into bringing most of the rotation back and just making moves around the margins. Tony Jones will justify this by saying that the Jazz have one of the most talented rosters in the NBA, they just need to become more matchup proof in the playoffs.

Last edited:
This is my biggest fear...the front office will end up talking themselves into bring most of the rotation back and just making moves around the margins. Tony Jones will justify this by saying that the Jazz have one of the most talented rosters in the NBA, they just need to become more matchup proof in the playoffs.
No talking themselves into it needed. That is always the master plan. They need to have some impetus to seriously talk themselves OUT of just bringing everyone back and making moves around the margins. Hopefully Ainge can be that voice that talks them out of that treadmill **** and gets something done.

This is my biggest fear...the front office will end up talking themselves into bringing most of the rotation back and just making moves around the margins. Tony Jones will justify this by saying that the Jazz have one of the most talented rosters in the NBA, they just need to become more matchup proof in the playoffs.
"We just had a bad shooting series, it happens. If only we shot our season averages.."

"We just had a bad shooting series, it happens. If only we shot our season averages.."
Because their coach gave them good plans on how to stop our offense.

"OK guys, the Jazz have five plays. Here's two ways each
to block them out, and a third way to get the stop if you still need it."

maybe not. Maybe. We were worn out, we need fresh legs to play in the post season.

Look, I like our people, don't want "change". But these other teams get new players, almost every year.

Sports are like beauty contests. This year's winner looks fine.

But there's someone else who will win it next year.

did we really have Donovan in game 5? Weren't we out-coached?
We were definitely out-coached and out-played, I believe those two things tend to go hand in hand. Although they came in more banged up, they came in well prepared unlike ourselves. For example, would the Jazz organization of had the temerity and the foresight to trade K.P.? No way, we’d of sat on our hands like we always do. And how big has Dinwiddie been for them? And then how about trading in a tired old coach with a tired old system in Carlisle for a true “Maverick” like Kidd?

I think it starts with ownership- Cuban’s not afraid to actually get out of his chair during a game and cheer! But that kind of behavior might be frowned upon in Happy Valley where the ultimate goal is just to keep up appearances. Don’t rock the boat baby, we’re about to get two players into next year’s big All Star Game!

Last edited: