What's new

how can jazz not make the playoff?

Burke > tinsley and watson who started about 30 games.( mo williams seems better then burke for now without the hero ball)
burks > foye
hayward> marvin wiliams
Kanter > millsap from last year(millsap in alfense)
favors > jefferson(meaning better overal net effect on the game).

thats a better starting lineup than we had last year. the jazz who missed the playoff by just one game( i know basically 2 but if i'm not mistaken a win in houston would have meant jazz would have made the playoff).

so a better starting lineup by far. a worse bench(too bad carrol and sap are gone).

and cant get a net 1-3 wins extra to make the playoff.

am i to optimistic?
am i drinking the koolaid.
or am i underestimating the mythical vet power.
am i underestimating the power a weak bench will have?

ofcourse the west improved. but still shouldnt jazz be competing for a playoff spot.

I think the bench factor will be big. and I expect us to get off to a slow start with everyone getting used to each other and their new roles, how quickly everyone gets it together (and I'm gonna drink the kool aid and say they definitely will eventually) will determine whether we can make the playoffs or not imo

imagine if favors, kanter and hayward would have a bench like last year: favors, kanter, burks, hayward

it's amazing how bigal and millsap didn't made the playoffs, this offseason they've got what they deserved

on topic - give this core to pop and he will make the playoffs

imagine if favors, kanter and hayward would have a bench like last year: favors, kanter, burks, hayward

it's amazing how Corbin thought that Alfense would lead us to the playoffs, this offseason they've got what they deserved

on topic - give last years team to pop and he will make theWCF

fixed

if foye and jefferson stay, making playoffs wont make any sense at all. They will mess our year and the next up, so we will not only get swept this year but also can't provide enough experience for young players

if foye and jefferson stay, making playoffs wont make any sense at all. They will mess our year and the next up, so we will not only get swept this year but also can't provide enough experience for young players

Al Jefferson? He's already gone.

it's amazing how bigal and millsap didn't made the playoffs, this offseason they've got what they deserved

Well put.

I don't think you really understand how the Nba and young teams work

so i am underestimating the "mythical vet power" corbin is so crazy about.

ok.

warriors where young and made the playoffs.

sarcasm .... and didnt the young uns gain experince from watching the vets play /sarcasm

Burke > tinsley and watson who started about 30 games.
burks > foye
hayward> marvin wiliams
Kanter > millsap from last year
favors > jefferson

Over half of these are probably not true, yet. There is a difference between playing 20 minutes a night versus mostly backups and playing 35 minutes a night versus mostly starters. Kanter and Favors are going to feel the effects of this immediately. In addition, this is a really poor shooting team. I wish we could surround Kanter and Favors with better shooters. I guess Rush helps.

Its been said before but we are going to be this seasons Portland trailblazers. I bet we finish the season between the 6th and 12th spot in the lotto.

This, if you compare straight across our starters going into this year are more appealing than what we rolled with most of last year, but we are going from one of the strongest benches to one of the worst.

Over half of these are probably not true, yet. There is a difference between playing 20 minutes a night versus mostly backups and playing 35 minutes a night versus mostly starters. Kanter and Favors are going to feel the effects of this immediately. In addition, this is a really poor shooting team. I wish we could surround Kanter and Favors with better shooters. I guess Rush helps.
really
kanter and favors are clearly better then jefferson
their defense makes up for lack of their offense. jefferson defense negates his offense unless he scores 40+ points.
hayward is clearly better than marvin williams
burks is equal if not better than foye.
only unknown is burke i'll give you that.
but remmeber mo wiliams was out 30+ games. and i think burke is better than watson and tinsley.

so how is half not true.
millsap and carrol gone hurts the jazz playoff chances with the right system and millsap this team would surely make the playoff

We will be opposite of last year this year:

Our starters will fight and keep us in games. Our bench will lose us games. We will lose 10+ more games because we do t have anyone to take over the end of games. We might have someone develop into that role by the end of the year, but as of right now, Burke, Burks and Hayward will lose us more games than win us games.

dutch makes a good points, but this is really going to come down to whether or not Corbin plays Al Jefferson ahead of Kanter/Favors again.

Proof the Lindsay is doing a good job: look at all the old posters that are suddenly back.

The Jazz are interesting once again.

I think our starting lineup is better than last year. The reason we don't make the playoffs is because our bench is not even close to as good as last year.
We went from
Burks, Carroll, Favors, Kanter, and Tinsley as 1st off of the bench. And Hayward for a lot of the season.
to
Jefferson, Evans, Biedrens, Rush and ?????? as 1st off of the bench.
Evans who could not make the rotation at all last year may be one of the 1st off of it this year.