What's new

How do you rate the Rudy trade so far?

Rate the Rudy trade

• Ainge completely ****** the entire T-Wolves organization

• Vando, Beasley and Kessler do far more for the TEAM than Rudy, picks are the cherry on top.

• Jazz won slightly

• Fair trade

• I love Rudy :(

• Angel Moroni on the Salt Lake temple should be changed to a Rudy statue

• Rudy was god

Results are only viewable after voting.
Coaches can't work miracles. Will Hardy has a team where the fit is absolutely fantastic. He doesn't have "stars", but he has a well oiled machine. Any NBA coach will prefer that scenario.

Finch, on the other hand, is ****ed. Gobert was a terrible fit from the start, particularly with KAT. It doesn't work, and it won't work. Mission impossibe. Finch has to manage huge egos, awful fits, and has the weight of win-now expectations bearing down on him. He won't last this season.
It doesnt take a miracle to make that roster work. IT takes good coaching. I think Finch is good, but he might not have the personality to make this blend work. Gobert is not a terrible fit w/ anyone on the roster. The roster is a great fit, it just isnt plug and play. It will take times for guys to adjust and they will have to drop their egos. That's largely on the coach to make that work.

Reactions: hgb
There isn't a grade high enough for that trade. It was one of the best and most lopsided trades in nba history. And I was saying that the day it happened. And im a HUGE gobert fan.
Simply amazing that we got that much.

It doesnt take a miracle to make that roster work. IT takes good coaching. I think Finch is good, but he might not have the personality to make this blend work. Gobert is not a terrible fit w/ anyone on the roster. The roster is a great fit, it just isnt plug and play. It will take times for guys to adjust and they will have to drop their egos. That's largely on the coach to make that work.

How exactly is the roster a good fit? They traded their best three-point shooter in Beasley and Vando who was good for them as well. The Gobert/KAT is a terrible fit on both sides of the ball.

I think the fit with Rudy isn't ideal but its like 5th or 6th on their list of issues.

1- DLo isn't working
2- ANT may not be ready to be the guy most said he would.
3- KAT's loser energy, slow start maybe, but just general awkwardness on and off the court is tough to build around.
4- Lack of leadership... they bought into Bev's BS last year and I think it really helped. The locker room and vibes are tough. The two times KAT has made the playoffs he had vet leaders that were a little crazy but effective. They are back to a general malaise.
5- Roster fit is wonky and needs a boost in the shooting department...

There isn't a grade high enough for that trade. It was one of the best and most lopsided trades in nba history.
Absolutely. There's gonna be a day of reckoning in Minnesota and it won't be pretty.

I'll never stop wondering why fit considerations are not much higher on the priority lists of NBA GM's. You can destroy your team with one big trade for a guy who's a square peg in a round hole. You didn't have to be a genius to see that clogging up the lane with a huge, non-shooting center was a recipe for disaster at Minnesota, where they already had a star C who was at his best when he had a spaced interior to work with.

I think the fit with Rudy isn't ideal but its like 5th or 6th on their list of issues.

1- DLo isn't working
2- ANT may not be ready to be the guy most said he would.
3- KAT's loser energy, slow start maybe, but just general awkwardness on and off the court is tough to build around.
4- Lack of leadership... they bought into Bev's BS last year and I think it really helped. The locker room and vibes are tough. The two times KAT has made the playoffs he had vet leaders that were a little crazy but effective. They are back to a general malaise.
5- Roster fit is wonky and needs a boost in the shooting department...
I was listening to the Hoop Collective and one of them said Vando was Ant's BFF on the team and theorized that why Ant isnt being fully serious this year.

I was listening to the Hoop Collective and one of them said Vando was Ant's BFF on the team and theorized that why Ant isnt being fully serious this year.
Have heard that before and that certainly hurts... but Ant always made me nervous when people would talk about him during pre-draft. I think he's hilarious but if I had to work with him full time it might be a problem. I think if a guy like Vando gets moved and it causes you to suck that it might be a "you" problem. We have seen how a few good vibes guys can really hurt you if you move them though... and the effect it can have on the court when the vibes are off.

I think the biggest question/issue with Minny long term is the disconnect between Ant/Kat... it has been weird for a while.

Jazz have the best offense and the same defense as last year. You tell me if either trade was good or not.

Edit: and this team is 1000000x more fun to watch

Professional NBA coach who makes millions hasnt made it work. Media analysts who also make millions struggle to see what the problem actually is and how it could be fixed.

Yet this one guy in JazzFanz knows the roster works, knows how to fix their issues and even that its not that hard to do.

Jazz have the best offense and the same defense as last year. You tell me if either trade was good or not.

Edit: and this team is 1000000x more fun to watch
Because we've played a lot of the worst offenses in the NBA. We've played Houston and LA twice each.

I would be more shocked if Utah finished as a top 10 defense than I would be if they got the 1st seed in the West.

There isn't a grade high enough for that trade. It was one of the best and most lopsided trades in nba history. And I was saying that the day it happened. And im a HUGE gobert fan.
Simply amazing that we got that much.
And to take it to new levels of crazy we could end up with a deep playoff run AND, courtesy of the wolves, a high lottery pick. Wow.

I thought about starting a poll similar to this on how many picks would you give up in a Vando, Beasly, THT, Kessler trade for Gobert. There's enough threads about the Wolves on this forum, including this one, that I decided not to, although I like my poll more than this one.

Personally I still think Gobert is amazing and would be really good with the other guys we have. I think I would give up two firsts, but that would probably be it.
I would not trade those players straight up for Gobert. All those guys are playing well and have big upside. Gobert has a big contract and is likely on the downhill. Giving up picks on top is just crazy talk and I like Gobert.

So I'm seriously the only one who wants to see Angel(tm) Moroni replaced with a Gobert statue? I mean it has nothing to do with the trade I just think it's an upgrade in all possible aspects.

Come on LDS Corp. prophesize this ASAP. It will be straight $$$! I mean the song is "we thank thee Lord for a Profit" is it not? Practice what you preach!

I love Rudy as much as anyone but that contract was at the perfect point to be traded, especially for the haul we got. The fact this team is so much fun to watch is icing on the cake!
This team understands everyone has to defend unlike last year when everyone just relied on Gobert.

first things first, i love gobert, and he won't be going hungry anytime soon, he has achieved greatness....$$$$$

Now lets me be real.

danny ainge completely boned the Wolves organization. What the wolves gave up for a guy who can't shoot, can't post up, no offensive game is absolutely INSANE. :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know people here are going to not like what I just said, but the truth is gobert is a defensive player of the year, not an MVP game breaking center. End of the day gobert ain't gona be hurting, $$$$$$.

Main problem with Rudy is his contract. On a lesser contract you can pay pieces to cover his weaknesses and enhance his strengths. But with that Max contract, you HAVE to have him be a two way game-breaker. Which he isn't. So Minnesota has ingested a poison pill with Rudy and we've rid ourselves of the same. Kind of like getting getting the Bull card in exchange for the Bear card in a game of Pit.

Main problem with Rudy is his contract. On a lesser contract you can pay pieces to cover his weaknesses and enhance his strengths. But with that Max contract, you HAVE to have him be a two way game-breaker. Which he isn't. So Minnesota has ingested a poison pill with Rudy and we've rid ourselves of the same. Kind of like getting getting the Bull card in exchange for the Bear card in a game of Pit.
They are going to be in cap hell in a few years if they don't move KAT or Rudy. KAT's supermax will be kicking in as well as likely huge extensions for Edwards and McDaniels.