What's new

How far do we fall?

How far do we fall?

• Total voters
Because going into the playoffs with momentum of a winning streak is a good thing. If we are to do that, we are likely going to be a higher seed than 6.
Wake me up when a Snyder-led team can hit the ground running after just 8 games separating them from an offseason (or equivalent duration). It’s never happened. Captain Slow Start.

Wake me up when a Snyder-led team can hit the ground running after just 8 games separating them from an offseason (or equivalent duration). It’s never happened. Captain Slow Start.

Okay, well going into the playoffs with some winning momentum would be nice which is all I said.

Next!

Okay, well going into the playoffs with some winning momentum would be nice which is all I said.

Next!
You didn’t say that until you were prodded. You mentioned seeding, which is a sufficiently independent issue.

You didn’t say that until you were prodded. You mentioned seeding, which is a sufficiently independent issue.

How do you get a higher seed? By losing or winning? I would rather we go into the playoffs with the momentum of winning which consequently coincides with a likely bump up the seeding ladder. Critical thinking is not your strong suit.

How do you get a higher seed? By losing or winning? I would rather we go into the playoffs with the momentum of winning which consequently coincides with a likely bump up the seeding ladder. Critical thinking is not your strong suit.
Understanding what an independent variable is an important facet of critical thinking. You should look into it. Also, a team can develop good rhythm and then pull their starters. There’s no essential relation between rhythm and winning; the two can be split.

With OKC picking up a win against the Lakers and with Houston picking up a win against the Bucks, it becomes increasingly likely that the Jazz will take the #6 seed and draw Denver in the 1st round. I think the Clippers will win enough games to hold onto the #2 seed.

I would find joy in keeping San Antonio out of the playoffs. That would end their streak.

With the way the game has evolved, you pretty much need every player on the court to be a threat from deep. We're still clinging too much to conventional 1-5 lineups.

It's why I would listen to Gobert trades a bit more closely - doesn't mean not getting value in return, but we have to change the dynamic.
Dumb take. Look at the Lakers, thunder, celtics... none of those centers can hit 3s. Jazz lack height and athleticism.

Dumb take. Look at the Lakers, thunder, celtics... none of those centers can hit 3s. Jazz lack height and athleticism.

When the Lakers get into the postseason, their first with AD, they will play plenty of lineups with AD at center, Kuz at PF, etc.
Golden State excelled in crunch time with Draymond and Iggy playing center.
Toronto had Gasol and Ibaka would could both hit 3's.
The Celtics haven't had a postseason yet without Horford (who can shoot 3's), so we'll have to see what they do this year.
Houston sat Capella and played PJ Tucker at center. They even traded Capella because they don't think they need a traditional center at all.
How long has it been since OKC has had postseason success?

His take was actually completely correct.

Rudy, Donovan, Mike and Royce are all sitting out on Friday. Fantastic! It would be best if the Jazz can go 1 - 3 in their final 4 games.

Rudy, Donovan, Mike and Royce are all sitting out on Friday. Fantastic! It would be best if the Jazz can go 1 - 3 in their final 4 games.
Just let that one win not be against Denver tomorrow. Trying to get down to the 6th seed only to end up in a matchup with the nr. 3 Rockets.

Today, we want the Spurs, Thunder and Sixers to win.

Jazz have a legit chance to move up to #19 in the draft order. That would get them a player like Kira Lewis, Tyrese Maxey, RJ Hampton or Pokusevski.

This playoff race is a jumbled mess... Denver isn’t trying very hard and we just yanked a game... OKC looks to be positioning themselves too. Win tomorrow and it could push Denver down. 3 through 6 is a traffic jam and I think it’s still possible for the clips to lose the #2 or Dallas to move up... though not very likely.

All that said we know how this ends we will end up with some weird *** scenario where there is like a 2% chance we play Houston... then all the dominoes will fall and we will definitely play Houston.