What's new

How Many Games Will The Jazz Need to Win for Snyder to Win Coach of the Year?

Kerr walked into a better situation than Quin, but that won't be taken into consideration. It really is the number of wins from last year to this year that will determine the outcome. I still think Quin being in Utah will be a huge detriment to him getting the award.... If they Jazz continue to progress.

Kerr walked into a better situation than Quin, but that won't be taken into consideration. It really is the number of wins from last year to this year that will determine the outcome. I still think Quin being in Utah will be a huge detriment to him getting the award.... If they Jazz continue to progress.

I agree that he did and no it won't be considered. He has the warriors clicking right now and that is all they look at.

I'd love to see Kerr lead the Warriors to a #1 seed and COY, just to spite Mark Jackson.

A necessary but not sufficient condition for QS as COY: make the playoffs.

Yes, definitely add Kerr. remember, Pops has won the award 2x in the last 3 years so just impressive improvement from a top team can also be enough. In that case, I'd say Kerr is in the mix if the W's continue to play as well as they have. Maybe Coach K should be considered for somehow getting Cousins to grow up during his time on the national team.

I know, isn't it determined by the NBA media people? Put them all in a room, put Quin in the room, tell the voters the vote will be a verbal roll call. Quin wins in a landslide.

Based on Hornacek last year, this was my thought as well.

I disagree. I think if the spurs hadn't been sooooo good and done it in such an unconventional way then Jeff would have won it. He was in second place even without winning. You just had to have voted for Pop last year with what he did.

Based on the fact that Jerry Sloan couldn't win coach of the year in 2004 after winning 42 games (when we were predicted to have the worst record in NBA History), Quin Snyder won't even come close unless we make the playoffs, upset a high seed, and go to the second round. Just my guess.

Early in the season but to be an optimist I'll say we're currently 5-7 and the Clippers are 6-4 and have the 7th seed.