What's new

How Much $$$ Should Jazz Throw at Austin Reaves?

Also, if we offered 4/88 (not sure we have the room for that but play along), the Lakers have how long to match it? A week?

Lakers match that instantly but they only have 24 hours to do so.

The max we can offer is 4/98M. We would only need about 25M in cap space to do that.

I'd offer him a big deal. When you own another team's future pick, why not do something like this. We either get their 3rd best player and they don't really have means of replacing him. Or, they're in salary cap hell for the foreseeable future. I think it's a no brainer. Would have done the same for Naz Reid, but that ship has sailed.

From Jake Fischer:

Grant Williams is another power forward who’s been linked to Utah before he reaches restricted free agency, further illustrating how interconnected the offseason’s web of scenarios is. Utah can still create upward of $28 million in room this summer, but that would require letting veteran scorer Jordan Clarkson walk, and the Jazz mainstay has long been considered a favorite of Utah team owner Ryan Smith. Even if the Jazz keep that ample amount of cap space, it’s difficult to foresee another frontcourt piece looking to join Utah's rotation that’s already jammed with All-Star Lauri Markkanen, second-year center Walker Kessler, Collins and the No. 9 pick in Taylor Hendricks. Maybe that money is still enough to scare away the Lakers with a massive offer sheet for Austin Reaves.

I'm pretty sure if you look at his numbers he looks a lot better without Lebron than with Lebron. He was more valuable as an on ball player than off ball.
his overall production - minutes, points, rebs, assists was nearly identical without lebron and with lebron, but he was significantly more efficient with lebron.

in fact, when he started with lebron (10 games), he exploded both from an overall production standpoint and an efficiency standpoint. the way they feed off and compliment each other is pretty special. and that's why reaves isn't going anywhere.

his overall production - minutes, points, rebs, assists was nearly identical without lebron and with lebron, but he was significantly more efficient with lebron.

in fact, when he started with lebron (10 games), he exploded both from an overall production standpoint and an efficiency standpoint. the way they feed off and compliment each other is pretty special. and that's why reaves isn't going anywhere.
Interesting, thanks for the response.

If you want THT and Clarkson to opt out, you tell them that they are not going to get the playing time they want and that we are prioritizing rookies/other players.
I want them to opt in. They can't be traded if they opt out.

The THT hate is so wild to me
I kind of keep forgetting about him, as if he's already gone. I don't currently see him as a winning player, although I think he is closer to a neutral player than I had previously thought going in to the season last year. I do think there is a decent chance he has a great off season and surprises me next year.

The thing that keeps sticking with me is that it felt like he was having a great second half to the year, but then you look at his stats and they were basically his career averages. I think he's just so up and down that they cancel each other out.