What's new

How Much $$$ Should Jazz Throw at Austin Reaves?

He’s good… he’s 10% less good once that LA whistle disappears doe.
Eh likely closer to 15%, that whislte was damn sexy for the Fakers last night. But he is still worth going after. After all, Caruso adjusted to not getting the Hollywood Whistle™ and has been very solid.

Imagine locking down both Reaves and Caruso. That would be very nice.

OK, this was my first time watching him play well. I guess I kind of can see it, but he still just moves so awkwardly.
This. I think he is covering up a sneaky kind of athleticism, albeit overall a step lower than the elite athletes, with intelligence and BBIQ, which isn't a bad thing at all. Kind of like Hornacek did.

I do think Austin should play primarily as a pg. having only 24 hours to match may complicate things… throw him a lucrative offer sheet and see what happens.

Another day, another game where Reaves leads the team in +/- (and outscored AD and Lebron).

I’m fairly confident they match any offer on Reaves, but the Jazz should throw the max at him ($24.5 million each season for four seasons). If the Lakers match, they get him for the ~MLE for two years then have to pay him nearly $40 million a season for the next two. Problem there is that probably is preferable for the Lakers anyway, especially if Reaves is actually worth those numbers.

Been wondering for a minute about sending one of this year’s 1sts in a S/T or something. He has cracked the code.

I don’t know that I have any opinion on Austin Reaves, but what if LA just wanted their pick back?

I'm coming around on Reaves. I'm still not sure what I think his true value is, but we really need someone that can pass and shoot, and I think he might be one of the better ones that is theoretically available.

Reaves completely carrying the Lakers down the stretch of his first ever playoff game. Incredibly impressive stuff.