How to get a hold of our broadcast team?

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by TurboNed, Nov 28, 2019.

1. TurboNed

TurboNed Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Not sure if any of them got the memo, but at least it seems that Bolerjack is finally starting to get in the groove by pronouncing Vucevic's name correctly this last game, unlike the first meeting vs the Magic.

But when it comes to Harpring, he just keep getting worse as the season goes by. It's unbelievable that he does not even pay attention to these things when he prepares for the game. If you can remember player's stats, I am sure you can remember how to pronounce player's names correctly. After all, It is your only job (when you decide to participate with Bolerjack every now and then).
    No matter how some of us liked you as a player, but it is starting to wear off.
    It is almost like when I was trying not to lose patience with Dante all these years, waiting for him to finally heal up and prove us wrong.

It is like he is not even listening to what Bolerjack is saying the whole game. Right after Craig pronounces it as Vooch-uh-vitch, he follows it by saying Vooch-uh-viK.

Imagine if you are from United States and live in one of those countries and you are pretty much limited to watching the NBA games with foreign announcers. How would you feel if at least one of them was butchering it every single game? I am sure it would not be pleasant to listen to.

And for God's sake, get things right with player's heights. You just can't keep changing it as you feel like and stop commenting on Donovan's upper body strength... haha.

To all you reading me mumbling about this issue and if you happen to run into one of them at your nearest BestBuy parking lot, do me a favor and tell them to check out this thread, so I won't be forced to start using Twitter or far worse start listening to other team's announcers ;)

Sent from my SM-G975U using JazzFanz mobile app

Ostertag>Duncan and tonstermits like this.
  2. Truth

Truth Active Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Are these countries known as the Balkans? IF they were allowed to combine forces, they'd have a pretty good Olympic team.

3. tonstermits

tonstermits Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I'm a big fan of this thread.

4. TurboNed

May 27, 2010
    Yes, or formerly known as Yugoslavia. And they would not just be good for Olympics but in the World Cup as well and even better in other sports, especially football or should I say soccer.

5. TurboNed

May 27, 2010
    Since it's clear that our PR is not doing their job, I was forced to sign up on Twitter (after years of being against it.. since I had no need for it), I tried both tweeting about it several times and sent a direct message to Boler, seeing how he's the only one that allows that option... but that got me nowhere. No response at all.

Are there any tricks on Twitter that I could use to get their attention, beside tagging them?
    Perhaps tagging Donovan, to see if he "bites", seeing how he is down to earth and cares about Jazz community?

I'd try something via Bogey's account, but it looks like he has not been using it for years.

Thanks in advance...

6. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    At least we don’t have an announcer that thinks that Bojan is from Turkey and Joe is from Israel.

7. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    As a Spaniard I could have asked Boler and Harpring to roll their Rs when saying Ricky Rubio but that would definitely had made it worse... :eek:

8. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    C'mon, you are talking about teaching quantum physics someone who has problem with multiplication table.. If Harpring and Boler could at least get to know how to pronounce some names close to how it should be without fancy accent thing and both stick to the same version it would be already great.

9. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Maybe you could try to contact someone from AT&T? Maybe they know how to get to someone who is Boler's supervisor?

TurboNed likes this.
  10. TurboNed

May 27, 2010
    I took your advice and added AT&T to my tweet.. not sure if that worked, but I finally got response from Big T and KK chimed in as well the other day. Hope for the best for our upcoming game(s)...

Jazzmix likes this.
  11. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    Post the reply.

Gameface likes this.
  12. TurboNed

May 27, 2010
    And KK liked his tweet.

I know it's not exactly what I was after, but at least I got their attention (somehow). Hopefully some of them read my tweet thoroughly...

13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    And that you can't hammer down a three

LifeOnaPlate likes this.
  14. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    this bothers you that much you feel the need to contact them? Why??

15. NUMBERICA

NUMBERICA Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Our announcers are middle-of-the-pack at best. About half the time I watch other feeds, I’m blown away at how much better other team’s announcers are. Bolerjack is an embarrassment.

16. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    So half of the Broadcast teams in the nba are an embarrassment.

17. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    “P.J. Tucker for the win with 1.6 seconds to go!!!”

ROTFL

LogGrad98 likes this.
  18. NUMBERICA

May 26, 2010
    I didn’t quite say that. Boler certifiably is, though.

19. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    Middle of the pack, embarrassment, how am I supposed to read that??

20. NUMBERICA

May 26, 2010
    I don’t know how to teach an IDIOT!!1 reading comprehension, but let’s start with that Bolerjack isn’t the only broadcaster for the Jazz.