What's new

How would save this team as “the DL replacement”?

Yeah that’s what I said we’re the victims of our own success - overperformance really in that first year. It blinded everyone from the reality of what we had, and given the choices we made since, has really handcuffed us. Major suckage to be a Jazz fan right now - the funny thing is some fans on Facebook groups still don’t seem to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I am not delusional about our chances at the title but I don't think it's a suckage to be a Jazz fan. I still enjoy rooting for them and find that group of people really likeable.

This forum truly cracks me up. The team win a few games and everyone says the Jazz are the Chiefs of the NBA. The team loses a few and suddenly the Jazz are a scrub team with no hope. Has anyone noticed that a number of "talented" teams have also struggled out of the gate? It is a weird year.

Utah has good talent that is off to its usual slow start. It is the end of the season that matters. This is a unique year that started with very little preseason/training camp, and we have a player coming off a wrist surgery that hasn't found rhythm yet. We also have other talented players that haven't cracked the rotation yet. Part of making adjustments is also about making sure your main guys have rhythm. There have also been some adjustments on offense that have helped Conley, but seemed to have caused issues for Donovan as Q continues to add some wrinkles to the offense.

I don't like Quin, never have. He was supposed to be an offensive mastermind, which turned into being a defensive genius after Rudy emerged. The fact is, he is neither, but players like him, and honestly, in today's NBA, that is just as important as coaching has become coddling and babysitting more than coaching.

This forum truly cracks me up. The team win a few games and everyone says the Jazz are the Chiefs of the NBA. The team loses a few and suddenly the Jazz are a scrub team with no hope. Has anyone noticed that a number of "talented" teams have also struggled out of the gate? It is a weird year.

Utah has good talent that is off to its usual slow start. It is the end of the season that matters. This is a unique year that started with very little preseason/training camp, and we have a player coming off a wrist surgery that hasn't found rhythm yet. We also have other talented players that haven't cracked the rotation yet. Part of making adjustments is also about making sure your main guys have rhythm. There have also been some adjustments on offense that have helped Conley, but seemed to have caused issues for Donovan as Q continues to add some wrinkles to the offense.

I don't like Quin, never have. He was supposed to be an offensive mastermind, which turned into being a defensive genius after Rudy emerged. The fact is, he is neither, but players like him, and honestly, in today's NBA, that is just as important as coaching has become coddling and babysitting more than coaching.
Can't nullify bad contracts or reverse the hands of time. Our team is gripped with both

Can't nullify bad contracts or reverse the hands of time. Our team is gripped with both
I agree, and the Conley trade hurt the team, and I really didn't want him, but oh well. I think Bogey is still a net positive, he just needs to get into a rhythm after being out for so long.

And Q needs to get people to pass to the open guy more. Too much one on one and holding the ball from a couple of guys.

It’s not just the talent level - it’s probably even more the lack of elite athleticism and youth from the core guys - it’s really hard when you’re playing a style that has you taking long threes and layups if you can’t get back in transition when you miss.

The whole point of running basically the whole team back was what they did against a bad defensive team in one playoff series, and adding Bojan and Favors. Having an edge no other team had - the continuity aspect so far has been worthless. THAT would fix our perennially bad starts with Quin cuz of his PhD system... perhaps not

Last year Jazz had serious problems at defending the perimeter, and defending everywhere when Rudy sat. Drafting Dok when they knew they had Favors, combined with being willing to overpay for Rudy anyway, was putrid. It’s just poor planning on their part. Serviceable backup bigs are the cheapest commodity in this league right now, even if DL screwed up twice with Ed Davis and Tony Bradley. Their core got a year older, they did virtually nothing to correct the issues on the perimeter and it’s showing on that end right now.

And now the Jazz are hovering over the luxury tax with what looks to be a 2nd round exit team at best. That’s a rough start for a new owner who clearly has big thoughts for his franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app