What's new

I <3 Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.topnews.in/us-film-star-matt-dillon-detained-speeding-2103070

Must be racism.

New York - US film star Matt Dillon had a New Year's Eve he would rather forget when he spent several hours in police custody after being caught speeding, the entertainment internet site E! Online reported Thursday.

It said the 44-year-old was stopped by police in the north-eastern state of Vermont, where he was timed at 106 miles (171 kilometres) per hour, far above the 65 miles per hour speed limit.

Dillon was fingerprinted and photographed by police while in custody. The Hollywood star - an Oscar winner in the film "L. A. Crash" - was to appear in a local court on January 21 for a hearing. If convicted he could face a three-month prison sentence. (dpa)

I don't know. Matt Dillon looks pretty black to me.

matt-dillon-award.jpg

Bravo... I will admit I am wrong.... I've just never heard of going to jail w/o intoxication for speeding...

I think your mistake is assuming "detained" means "arrested". It doesn't. They were detained from the time they were pulled over until the cop told them they could leave. I don't see any reason to believe Tyreke was arrested or taken to jail. He was ordered from the car, and "detained" at the scene.

I routinely drive around 100mph.

I have been pulled over going over 100mph. Cop was courteous while giving me my ticket.

.....well, if you routinely drive around 100 mph...you may be the next Jazzfanz poster we have a eulogy for! By the way, what state were you ticketed for going 100 miles per hour?......what was your fine and how many points did it cost you toward your license? Some states and judges really frown upon speeders that go over 100 mph...and throw the book at them! I certainly would be one of those judges! (I would then pull the cop aside and tell him/her "next time you stop one going over 100....break his right leg before you bring him into my court room, so he won't be so quick to push that gas pedal to the metal!)

Reckless Driving

23103. (a) A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) A person who drives a vehicle in an offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104 or 23105.

I don't the exact details on the law but for a crime that is punishable by jail time doesn't make it seem unreasonable for someone to be detained.

I think your mistake is assuming "detained" means "arrested". It doesn't. They were detained from the time they were pulled over until the cop told them they could leave. I don't see any reason to believe Tyreke was arrested or taken to jail. He was ordered from the car, and "detained" at the scene.

From what I understand... detained usually means some sort of confinement... but you may be right.

I was just calling them the way I sees em

.....well, if you routinely drive around 100 mph...you may be the next Jazzfanz poster we have a eulogy for! By the way, what state were you ticketed for going 100 miles per hour?......what was your fine and how many points did it cost you toward your license? Some states and judges really frown upon speeders that go over 100 mph...and throw the book at them! I certainly would be one of those judges! (I would then pull the cop aside and tell him/her "next time you stop one going over 100....break his right leg before you bring him into my court room, so he won't be so quick to push that gas pedal to the metal!)
I bet you would be absolutely amazed by elevators. I mean they go up and down!!!

You must either be a rogue amish person hiding a laptop, or live in the parts of the South where they don't know the civil war is over yet, because you are just crucifying me and gameface for going 100+ mph. Hell there are areas of the country where the highway limit is 80-85... 100 is passing speed at that.

Detained does not mean arrested. Detained (in this case) means he was held at the scene and not free to leave until the investigation was finished

For one, I'm not weaving in and out of traffic going 100mph. I typically don't drive during rush hour and I'm usually going the opposite direction of most traffic. So when I drive "quickly" I usually have most of a five lane freeway to myself. It's pretty nice. I'd bet that if you were in the car with me and I told you I was going 100mph that you'd be surprised. It isn't at all as if I'm pushing the limits of my vehicle. I have a set of summer performance tires and a set of winter tires. My winter tires are not rated for high speeds, so I don't drive fast on those tires. My summer tires are rated for continuous speeds of 149mph. I also have after market ceramic breaks and high quality rotors. I've also been driving these same roads for about 20 years.

You may see a number like 100 and think that it is just insane. I don't know. I am very comfortable going at that speed. And if you think 65mph is a safe speed to crash at, whereas 100mph is instant death, I suggest you look into the results of accidents at 65mph. The speed limit is far from an accurate way to determine what a "safe" speed is. I tend to think that when it is hard to find a car on the road going slower than 80mph that most people feel comfortable going at least 80mph and no one is out of control.

I don't speed through neighborhoods. I also follow nearly every other traffic law obsessively. I have all my mirrors adjusted correctly. I wear my seat belt. I check my blind spot and use my signal. When I make a turn I turn into the correct corresponding lane and then signal over if need to be in a different lane. I make complete stops at stop signs. Etc. In short I'm a good driver. I've been in several accidents, never one that was my fault.

I'm actually with gameface on this point. I would describe myself as risk-averse generally and I've pushed into the 90 range multiple times all safely. Certainly if he's a good driver and is actively taking steps to make sure those speeds are safe for him I doubt there's any real harm done. Especially if these are truly empty five lane roads.

Sorry smoky, I realize where you live you've probably never seen a motor vehicle capable of beating a goat in a foot race, before... let alone ridden in one (a motor vehicle, your history of riding goats might be more expansive). But going fast is fun, and when you got a car that can handle it and a flat street out in the hills, there is nothing the ladies love more than feeling that rush of going ridiculously fast.

So you're admitting they like driving in your car more than driving your ****? Pretty sad.

At least he had motivation to do something with his life...
Supreme Leader of Europe >>>>>> Will fish for food...

I don't know why you diss him so much, you have a lot in common, you're almost as racist as he is.

*shakes head*

His 12 year reign that netted almost SEVEN MILLION deaths was incredible. If only I could be as motivated as him.

Am I the only one that has a problem with the beeps who drive fast on the freeway. I hate people that weave in and out of the lanes, or when I'm driving to Vegas, fly by me going 100 or more. They might think they have control, and maybe the do. But what happens when you blow a tire or there's something on the road and you need to swerve, or someone is driving slow or doesn't see you and pull out in front of you. I hate buttholes like those. They have a law for a reason, and it's so dumb pong mongling tardnuckles don't ****ing kill other people minding their own business.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that has a problem with the beeps who drive fast on the freeway. I hate people that weave in and out of the lanes, or when I'm driving to Vegas, fly by me going 100 or more. They might think they have control, and maybe the do. But what happens when you blow a tire or there's something on the road and you need to swerve, or someone is driving slow or doesn't see you and pull out in front of you. I hate buttholes like those. They have a law for a reason, and it's so dumb pong mongling tardnuckles don't ****ing kill other people minding their own business.

You sound like a *****. There are less deaths per driver on the Autobahn than on other European roadways. It's scared skells like you who **** **** up.

You sound like a *****. There are less deaths per driver on the Autobahn than on other European roadways. It's scared skells like you who **** **** up.

I bet there is a better understanding that some people are going to just drive faster than hell so people are more inclined to get over. Here you can get stuck behind someone in the fast lane going 65 and they will refuse to move thus the weaving through traffic. People over there are expecting people to drive 100. People here are for the most part are expecting people to drive the speed limit or the 10-20% higher not 100.

...well, if you already didn't have me on "ignore" you would know that I'm 100% in your corner on this one! I remember a couple of years ago reading a USA Today front page story on the proliferation of accidents and speeding tickets by knuckleheads going over 100 mph. I can't find the story but in essence what it said was such drivers are totally reckless, have NO chance of surviving an accident at that speed and needlessly endanger the lives of others, as well! They also mentioned the reason for this trend of speeding tickets over 100 mph and attributed it greatly to the "fast and furious" mentality that was a direct result of that movie! Some states like Georgia, Virginia and a few others have written laws that revoke a persons drivers license for 6 months or more if they are convicted of a speeding ticket 100 mph or more. Virginia has the toughest laws which start at only 85 mph. Anyway, the point is this: despite what some posters on this board may think, going that fast is dangerous and reckless and should be punishable by license suspension, incarceration, or "Rodney King" type beatings!

**** me. I'm with Mike on this one. Whoever the hell needs to drive more than 80 mph should instead focus their efforts and money on having their lower two ribs removed for auto-onanistic endeavors. Leave the rest of us alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.