What's new

I agree with what appears to be the Jazz's off season plans

Meh, somebody mentioned James Ennis in another thread. Better shooter, better athlete, and you get him for half that.

I think we could get him even cheaper than half, but I'm not sure he is better than Ingles either. Blew up at the end of the year though in similar fashion. Think he's more of a true SF, but I'd rather have him at 3 years $10M than Hill at 3/36 or 2/24.

Meh, somebody mentioned James Ennis in another thread. Better shooter, better athlete, and you get him for half that.

I think we could get him even cheaper than half, but I'm not sure he is better than Ingles either. Blew up at the end of the year though in similar fashion. Think he's more of a true SF, but I'd rather have him at 3 years $10M than Hill at 3/36 or 2/24.

He's as good or better than Hill, neither guy may be better than Ingles, tbh.

Hayward is the perfect face of the franchise, I certainly hope we can extend him long term and win a title because of his major contributions

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using JazzFanz mobile app

I want a time machine and a meeting with DL last year when FA was still kind of sane.

While you're at it, just go back to the 2013 offseason and let him know that he should draft the Greek Freak, extend Carroll and Millsap both to 4 year contracts, and extend Hayward to the full 5 max?

While you're at it, just go back to the 2013 offseason and let him know that he should draft the Greek Freak, extend Carroll and Millsap both to 4 year contracts, and extend Hayward to the full 5 max?

Maybe trade Enes before he played his value down.

In other news, I liked the Jazz plan, right up to the point where their FA targets sign with western conference opponents who will be competing with the Jazz for the 8th spot next March.

Um ok. You didn't answer the question. Do you think the jazz could still be a good team if they didn't have Hayward and they added a good veteran free agent wing (bazemore, deng, batum, etc) and a top draft pick?

Simple yes or no.

No. I think Hayward is by far our best player. He has been asked to do too much by the Jazz.

I think that if the Jazz had a guy that was widely recognized as their number one option, the Jazz would win more games and be in the top 4 teams in the west. As such, I don't think Hayward and Favors would be considered fringe All Stars - they'd be All Stars. I think the Jazz as constructed have the potential to be very similar to what the Hawks were two years ago. Except not old. That team - Teague, Korver, Carroll, Millsap and Horford had a two year window. Hopefully the Jazz can come up with a better plan for sustainability. A lot of it comes down to Gobert and Exum. If the Jazz are the best defense in the league (like they were when both of those guys were in the starting lineup) then the Jazz make the playoffs, and stars are born in the playoffs (see also Green, Draymond). Hopefully one of those two guys is a star.

No. I think Hayward is by far our best player. He has been asked to do too much by the Jazz.
Huh.
Fair enough, we disagree

I believe 21.9 ppg is the peak scoring output you'll see from Haychicken. That was with the offense geared to make him "the man". He's joining a team with a 30 ppg ball hog, his numbers will drop.

I believe 21.9 ppg is the peak scoring output you'll see from Haychicken. That was with the offense geared to make him "the man". He's joining a team with a 30 ppg ball hog, his numbers will drop.

And three wing players anxious to show they can compete with the Silent Cipher.

So, you pull quotes saying Hayward sucks and then me saying he can get to 23? Lol.

Fish said he wanted to see what you said of Hayward for the last few years.

I pulled your opinions. I'm not trying to make you look good or bad. Just fact finding.

Fish said he wanted to see what you said of Hayward for the last few years.

I pulled your opinions. I'm not trying to make you look good or bad. Just fact finding.
I was surprised to see his remark about the 23 ppg. Then I see that the context of that post was saying if he had better teammates like durant or lebron or something that would be the way he could get to 23 ppg.

I have found that green usually try to find/post about the most negative aspects of the jazz players, management, city, etc..... with a positive post mixed in every once in a while.

He will have a lower usage rate, but he will also be less of the focus for opposing defense. That and Stevens offense complements his game. I think he will still get similar #s.

He will have a lower usage rate, but he will also be less of the focus for opposing defense. That and Stevens offense complements his game. I think he will still get similar #s.

I actually think his numbers will go up slightly. . . but it won't matter. Celtics championship window is a mirage and when they move on to the young guys. . . Hayward will be past his prime. Oh well. Rudy is Utah's franchise player and I think his numbers will go up as well. I also think that the Jazz will again be the toughest team to knock out of the playoffs for Golden State.

We should have traded Haywood for #3 or #4 and drafted Buddy Hield just like I said in this thread.