What's new

I command you: DO NOT DRAFT UDOH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkuWCAvQe9M

I have given you proof of what this man brings. He will bring darkness and decay to Utah. If you allow him to be drafted, I won't just destroy this land like Sodom and Gomorrah, no, I will turn it INTO Sodom and Gomorrah. With all y'all in the middle. John and Karl's statues will be turned into pillars of salt.

Got it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkuWCAvQe9M

I have given you proof of what this man brings. He will bring darkness and decay to Utah. If you allow him to be drafted, I won't just destroy this land like Sodom and Gomorrah, no, I will turn it INTO Sodom and Gomorrah. With all y'all in the middle. John and Karl's statues will be turned into pillars of salt.

Got it?

You probably are going to be turned into pillar of salt if you keep using this screen name to post on message boards.

I agree, so you're that inner voice telling me that I hope the Jazz don't draft him. Glad to know I've been living right.

I've been going back and forth on Udoh, not sure if we should take him or not. He ranked really low on Hollingers Player Rater, that scares me a bit

What if it is part of a trade to get Greg Monroe? Apparently, there is a rumor out there that will happen. But then again, you probably already knew that.

Let's say, for argument, that you know Udoh is going to be very similar to Kendrick Perkins as a player. Would you take that at #9?

No, a) because I don't think a Kendrick Perkins-type player makes the Jazz a significantly better team, given that if Boozer leaves the Jazz still have Millsap, AK, Fess and Okur, and b) because I think there are several Kendrick Perkins-type players (defensive-minded PF/Cs) available later in the draft and available through free agency. Beyond that, I think Aldrich is a better comparison to Kendrick Perkins than Udoh. I think Udoh is more comparable to Udonis Haslem and Carl Landry. Actually, the best case for Udoh on the defensive side might be John Salley and on the offensive side maybe Horace Grant. That's a solid pro player if it happens, but right now Udoh doesn't quite play big enough yet, and it's not clear that he will. I think the Jazz need to take more upside at #9. I think the Jazz would rather draft Davis than Udoh.

Kendrick Perkins is a nice complement to Rondo, Pierce, Allen and KG, but the Jazz need a Big-4 player here. The Jazz need a player that other teams need to react to.

No, a) because I don't think a Kendrick Perkins-type player makes the Jazz a significantly better team, given that if Boozer leaves the Jazz still have Millsap, AK, Fess and Okur, and b) because I think there are several Kendrick Perkins-type players (defensive-minded PF/Cs) available later in the draft and available through free agency. Beyond that, I think Aldrich is a better comparison to Kendrick Perkins than Udoh. I think Udoh is more comparable to Udonis Haslem and Carl Landry. Actually, the best case for Udoh on the defensive side might be John Salley and on the offensive side maybe Horace Grant. That's a solid pro player if it happens, but right now Udoh doesn't quite play big enough yet, and it's not clear that he will. I think the Jazz need to take more upside at #9. I think the Jazz would rather draft Davis than Udoh.

Kendrick Perkins is a nice complement to Rondo, Pierce, Allen and KG, but the Jazz need a Big-4 player here. The Jazz need a player that other teams need to react to.

Fair enough.

The only thing I'd take issue with is saying a Kendrick Perkins type player makes the team significantly better. Maybe you're right since the Jazz will likely lose Boozer, but even with Millsap, I'd like Perkins in the frontcourt to help garner a hell of a lot more wins than Fesenko or Koufos.

Fair enough.

The only thing I'd take issue with is saying a Kendrick Perkins type player makes the team significantly better. Maybe you're right since the Jazz will likely lose Boozer, but even with Millsap, I'd like Perkins in the frontcourt to help garner a hell of a lot more wins than Fesenko or Koufos.

The Jazz could use a tough inside player, no doubt, but I think Fess is a bigger pain in the butt to other teams than you might think. He's huge. He's 300 lbs, and he doesn't mind challenging every shot. He just needs to play under control a little more.

He has that Emeka Okafor mechanical movement to him. As more video surfaces of Udoh, I'm not really that into him. The blocks intrigued me before but I hadn't seen much of him outside of parts of Baylor in the tourney. No way @ 9 for me.