What's new

I want Jabari Parker

berkkobe

First of all everybody knows that i'm a legit Jabari Parker HOMER and Wuggunz hater.
I just don't like athletic freaks despite their playing styles cuz i like old school basketball.(post-ups, ball movement, no dunks ) and my favorite players are Carmelo Anthony and Tim Duncan.

Let's look at Jabari Parker.

New reports indicates he's 254 lbs. So what? We all know that he is not fast enough to guard nba 3's. But he is already capable of physical playing and his weight is enough to dominate his opponents, and his game doesn't rely on athleticism that means his game will age well.

With the help of physical training of NBA, he definitely turns his fats into muscles at worst case his body looks like Melo's which is OK for SF. BULLY.

The only problem with him is we couldn't know if he is a chucker right now. High usage doesn't mean chucking.
If he can develop a post game like Melo's, the sky is limit for the guy. He is mormon and he is going to represent mormon community in the NBA, he gon' do whatever he can.

Why i dont like Andrew Wiggins

so much hype
overrated bum a**
Corey Brewer clone without eyebrows lollll

last thing : zach lavine will be a bust guyz book it.

P.S: I know that my english is not good enough but i hope you will understand what i want to talk about.

Carmelo Anthony and Duncan should never be in the same sentence.
Melo sucks and is a cancer on the court.

Parker is a fatty. It very much matters that he is overweight. He needs to be able to drive past his man. If he is overweight he will struggle to get past his man. Along with being able to guard anyone.

He needs to get down to 225-230. Otherwise he won't be able to stay on the court because he will be too slow to drive and too slow to play defense.

Carmelo Anthony and Duncan should never be in the same sentence.
Melo sucks and is a cancer on the court.

Parker is a fatty. It very much matters that he is overweight. He needs to be able to drive past his man. If he is overweight he will struggle to get past his man. Along with being able to guard anyone.

He needs to get down to 225-230. Otherwise he won't be able to stay on the court because he will be too slow to drive and too slow to play defense.

lol melo is a cancer lol. I admit that he wasn't a team player when he played for nugz. But since 2011, in knicks, he changed a lot.

and why don't use Timmy and Melo? People could have different opinions on different situations man.
I respect your opinion but please respect mine.

lol melo is a cancer lol. I admit that he wasn't a team player when he played for nugz. But since 2011, in knicks, he changed a lot.

and why don't use Timmy and Melo? People could have different opinions on different situations man.
I respect your opinion but please respect mine.

I respect your opinion. I just disagree with it. Melo has always been a cancer.
Good players play their game based on how the defense is playing them. They pick apart the defense.
Melo just shoots fadeaways and goes into the paint out of control.
its nothing personal against you or Melo. He just does not make teams better. And the Nuggets were the same without him and the Knicks did not improve with him.

I respect your opinion. I just disagree with it. Melo has always been a cancer.
Good players play their game based on how the defense is playing them. They pick apart the defense.
Melo just shoots fadeaways and goes into the paint out of control.
its nothing personal against you or Melo. He just does not make teams better. And the Nuggets were the same without him and the Knicks did not improve with him.

this season knicks is 10 game win team without melo.

last year it was j-kidd and melo

and this bulls*** melo doesn't play defense come from
ok i admit he is not a stopper or lockdown defender but he plays decent man-to man defense.(Last 2 seasons i watch all knicks games, **** my wasted time :( )

If the Cavs start asking for more than #5 and Favors (ie #23 or future picks), would the Bucks go for #5 and Favors for Parker?
Would we go for that?

If the Cavs start asking for more than #5 and Favors (ie #23 or future picks), would the Bucks go for #5 and Favors for Parker?
Would we go for that?

I say offer the #5 and Favors to Cavs. If Cavs turn it down, tell them you're going to make the offer to Milwaukee if they don't want it, because you don't care if you end up with Parker or Wiggins. Milwaukee definitely needs a big, too. Sanders is going into rehab. He'll be on the books for another 4 years, but this guy is going to be in and out of trouble the whole time, maybe even earn a few suspensions along the way.

this season knicks is 10 game win team without melo.

last year it was j-kidd and melo

and this bulls*** melo doesn't play defense come from
ok i admit he is not a stopper or lockdown defender but he plays decent man-to man defense.(Last 2 seasons i watch all knicks games, **** my wasted time :( )

I didn't say anything about his defense. I said how he plays THE defense. He isn't paying attention to how the defense is playing him. He just does whatever he wants.
Basketball is a chess match. Melo doesn't realize that.

Melo is average on defense. Its his offense that is cancerous. Just like Iverson who he learned it from.

I say offer the #5 and Favors to Cavs. If Cavs turn it down, tell them you're going to make the offer to Milwaukee if they don't want it, because you don't care if you end up with Parker or Wiggins. Milwaukee definitely needs a big, too. Sanders is going into rehab. He'll be on the books for another 4 years, but this guy is going to be in and out of trouble the whole time, maybe even earn a few suspensions along the way.

I agree with this strategy and I'd actually be willing to take Sanders back if that makes the deal go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melo sure gets a lot of **** for a guy who has made the playoffs almost every year compared to Love who is a perennial loser and yet gets a pass for that. On top of that Love is orchestrating the most pathetic exit of a superstar in recent memory.

Melo sure gets a lot of **** for a guy who has made the playoffs almost every year compared to Love who is a perennial loser and yet gets a pass for that. On top of that Love is orchestrating the most pathetic exit of a superstar in recent memory.

AS compared to the circus Melo created in demanding out of Denver and INSISTING New York be the trading partner? Or Howard's exit/no changed my mind/no I want out of Orlando and then "I hate LA" fiasco?
Love has been pretty quiet other than stating he wants to play for a contender. And Minny hasn't done anything significant to bring in better players. You can't blame Love for the lack of success with the crappy team he's been given. As for 'Melo, he could have sacrificed just a bit of money to go to NY as a FA. Instead, they had to decimate the roster and their draft picks to trade for him.

Kevin Love needs to play next to a RIM protecting center.

and some slashing wing players. He has neither. Love is a great player but he shoots too many outside shots. but he at least can play within a system. Melo refuses to do so.

I have a friend from work who is Mormon and he brought it up right away. Just annoying. He never talks basketball but all of a sudden starts talking about Jabari Parker.

would love to know how many Jazz fans want him just cos hes a mormon

Wouldn't mind seeing Parker in a Jazz uni at the right price. Did not want Jimmer even at #12.

Is Parker worth the #5, Favors and Kanter as some had first proposed? Nope.
Is Parker worth the #5 and just Favors? Maybe.
And my view on #2 has changed because I don't think a healthy tier-2 player will be available at #5. Before, I was confident Exum OR Vonleh would be there. Now I think they're both gone. I'm in the minority, but I think it's another step down to Gordon and Randle and an injured Embiid is too big a risk.

Although character plays a part in who I like/don't like, it is independent of a particular religion for me.

It's funny, the more coverage I see the less certain I am of any pick being the right one. If the Jazz front office believe that either Parker or Wiggins will turn out to be a superstar, or at the very least an all star, I think they should do everything they can within reason to move up and get one of the two aforementioned players. It's clear that Parker will have a more immediate impact both on the court and in the stands/merchandising.

Also I think that the Jazz will want to feel like they've improved the team immediately especially if they give up Favors. As much as I love the young core, I don't see any of them potentially becoming all stars other than maybe Alec, and that's if he is utilized correctly. I just think the current roster is filled with some good players, but no one great. We need two star players at least to make a dent in the playoffs. If I were in the front office I would try and swing for the fences on this.

AS compared to the circus Melo created in demanding out of Denver and INSISTING New York be the trading partner? Or Howard's exit/no changed my mind/no I want out of Orlando and then "I hate LA" fiasco?
Love has been pretty quiet other than stating he wants to play for a contender. And Minny hasn't done anything significant to bring in better players. You can't blame Love for the lack of success with the crappy team he's been given. As for 'Melo, he could have sacrificed just a bit of money to go to NY as a FA. Instead, they had to decimate the roster and their draft picks to trade for him.

Good point. Maybe im mostly comparing it to Deron who received a lot of crap and he did a fraction of what Love did.