What's new

I wouldn't mind Dantoni as coach

Wouldn't be the best choice for playoff success, but, at this point I'd take some entertaining ball and 50 wins with a first round exit.

So you want our ceiling to be a #6 - #8 seed and a first round exit each year? Do we get an ice cream bar for each of the players for participation, maybe a certificate with a gold star on it?

I'd love an ice cream bar right now.

But, seriously, my sights are set lower than winning a title right now. A 50 win season combined with a first round exit would suit me just fine.

I'd love an ice cream bar right now.

But, seriously, my sights are set lower than winning a title right now. A 50 win season combined with a first round exit would suit me just fine.

If it is showing progress then yes, this would be great.

Id rather have George Karl who plays at an equally exciting pace, but also has teams that play tough defense.

This. Plus, I think that if you give Karl an All-Star player that fits what he does (Wiggins/Gordon) then he might actually make them into a contender. Not my first choice, but miles above MD.

Not a Dan fan for several reasons. Main one is, no one will win the ring with an uptempo system. You can have a running team but you have be good at D and you have to have a very solid half court offense to win in the playoffs. He does not bring either of those facets to the game.
Add to this he tries to force his offense on the players instead of fitting the offense to the players he has.

0% chance DL even considers D'Antoni. He's said over and over that the next coach will have a strong emphasis on defense. I'm not sure D'Antoni even knows what defense is.

Could do worse than Dantoni. He's not as bad as many make him out to be.