What's new

I Yearn for Cockburn

There were only 19 players that averaged more than 20 points per a game last year. Kofi was #11. Only 16 averaged 10 rebounds or more. Kofi was #8. Kofi was the only 20/10. No one else even came close.
The one scout was saying NBA teams wouldn't run low block plays for Kofi. If he can score or get fouled virtually every time why wouldn't you run that? I know the other team can come down and hit a three, but if it is effective, it puts a lot of pressure on the other team.

I like his potential and size. I was surprised he shot a few 15 footers and made them. His stroke didn't look too bad. You put him on the Stars and try to develop him. He has NBA size and athleticism. He may never make it but you never know. Again, I like the some of the guys who the Jazz brought in for summer league. Some years it looked like the Jazz just pulled guys from the street to play for them. I like the potential of a few of the guys they have select. Now they need to go out and grab their opportunity to make a team.

I noticed Kofi looked pretty dominant as a roll-man playing with Ayo Dosunmu a year ago. If someone can get him the ball in stride, he's tough to stop.

What are the terms of the deal? This is a regular NBA contract?

I think it's a make the team to get paid. If he goes to the Stars I think he gets approximately $50,000 plus his GLeague salary.

Undersized, no athleticism, overweight. Cockburn would destroy Lofton.
He would not. Lofton was extremely overweight during the season and was still one of the best rebounders in college basketball. He got into better shape at the combine and looked great. He's a better athlete than Cockburn and way way more skilled.

There were only 19 players that averaged more than 20 points per a game last year. Kofi was #11. Only 16 averaged 10 rebounds or more. Kofi was #8. Kofi was the only 20/10. No one else even came close.

Good for him. I have eyes. He’s not a good player. He’ll be a bum in this league.

Kofi moves really well and has a really high energy level for a man that size. Good hands and catch radius. Runs the floor pretty well. Has good balance and timing on this post moves. Athletically, he seems close to Andre Drummond, though he's a touch taller and not quite as long. He also seems a bit more mentally checked in than Drummond can be. Clearly he's a beast. Not sure why a team wouldn't draft him, tbh. If your 5-man isn't going to space the floor, he may as well dominate the paint.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmA6MpsVv78

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg45tIlOdV4

Can he do anything other than dunk?

In 90 games he had 45 assist. The guy makes Al Jefferson look like John Stockton. And eh gets the ball a lot. It's not like Udoka not having many assist. And Udoka actually had more assist per game despite having the ball much less. Black hole is an understatement