What's new

Idk about y'all, but...

My favorite season besides the two finals appearances was the 17-18 season when we were 9 games under .500 and then went on that huge run in the second half of the season and beat the Thunder in the first round of the playoffs. I have a feeling this season may surpass that one. This just feels like a special group and a special season.

It's hard to beat the seasons of beating the rockets in the playoffs. My hopes we're pretty high some of those Dwill years. I really liked breaking up cp3 clippers teams. Beating PG and Westbrick was really fun. But this regular season is fun and my hopes are through the roof. But I need playoff series wins. Last year was rough in the regard but I think we are much better this year with our depth and focus.

This is turning into the most exciting season I've ever experienced as a Jazz fan... And I've been a fan since 1997.
For me, the 97-98 year tops it only to be reminded how the NBA wanted MJ to ruin it by gifting him every big call in the Finals. Still was an amazing ride. Great team.

I was never more excited about a team than I was for last year (19-20). I thought we had most everything we needed but guys didn't pull their weight. Chemistry was off.

This offseason, I had tempered expectations. I knew we had talent, but would we do the little things? As it turns out, bringing in Favors brought whatever energy necessary to bump guys into gear.

So back to your point, this is top 3 promising Jazz moment of my career as a fan (late 80s). I've known for 1.5 years this team has the talent and our system works, but these guys are busting their *** to win. Everybody is pulling their weight and doing their job. I love it. This is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

For me, the 97-98 year tops it only to be reminded how the NBA wanted MJ to ruin it by gifting him every big call in the Finals. Still was an amazing ride. Great team.

I was never more excited about a team than I was for last year (19-20). I thought we had most everything we needed but guys didn't pull their weight. Chemistry was off.

This offseason, I had tempered expectations. I knew we had talent, but would we do the little things? As it turns out, bringing in Favors brought whatever energy necessary to bump guys into gear.

So back to your point, this is top 3 promising Jazz moment of my career as a fan (late 80s). I've known for 1.5 years this team has the talent and our system works, but these guys are busting their *** to win. Everybody is pulling their weight and doing their job. I love it. This is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Seems like our teams taking advantage of COVID protocol and not taking any risks that could keep players out. This years a perfect opportunity for us to win. Hopefully LA doesn't somehow acquire Beal or Love.

That was a fun year, but we knew we were limited with the matador interior D as well as perimeter D. This squad is can match up with superteams if we are firing on all cylinders. There's something different about this squad.
We still have question marks on perimeter D. And there’ll be questions about closing time until we prove otherwise.

I’m super-optimistic, but I’m also not going to let an earrrrrrrly season win streak get me too geeked.

I strongly feel like we can win a ring. We are putting up the to all of these superteams. If we can shoot every team off the floor, and can acquire Love in a buyout.. we should be unstoppable.
Utah would be contenders if they traded Mitchell for a nice haul. This team is limited by his chucking. Fun team to watch tho.

Utah would be contenders if they traded Mitchell for a nice haul. This team is limited by his chucking. Fun team to watch tho.
I am starting to lean this way. I loved the way the team played against Dallas, although Dallas sucks pretty hard right now so not really a great test sans Mitchell. But I am seeing him as limited and something of a ball-stopper recently. He is getting numbers, but often the offense stalls when going through him. I wonder how different the game would have been without Mitchell against Denver?

That said, I hope he puts it together enough to be what we need, that star that can take over the game when we need him to. Right now he seems to have lost that spark. His rookie year and the year after he showed great ability to blaze when needed and take over, with multiple 20-pt quarters that turned games around. Lately he seems less connected to the team, and when he does get high point totals it seems almost as if it is aside from what the team is trying to do.

I mean I might be missing something in this, but his on/off stats have been consistently dropping since his rookie year. +22 wins with him on the court his rookie year, compare to -19 this year, unless I am understanding this completely backward. If so someone please correct me. But the way it is explained on the web site, this isn't great.

1612201592380.png
1612202122256.png

I am sure people will say this is skewed by early-season performance, but that is still part of his performance for the season. I am hoping he puts it together, but so far his advanced stats are down almost across the board from previous seasons, and I find that concerning.

EDIT:

I am still really excited about this season. We have a great team working as a team and winning at a higher rate than almost any other season of the Jazz this far into it, and definitely a faster start than most QS years, which bodes well as we enter our stride mid-season. This team has the best chance of winning it all of any Jazz team in a very long time, imo. And I love everyone on this team really, especially Mitchell, who is so much fun to watch as a dynamic scorer. I cannot wait for the next win streak to start!

I am starting to lean this way. I loved the way the team played against Dallas, although Dallas sucks pretty hard right now so not really a great test sans Mitchell. But I am seeing him as limited and something of a ball-stopper recently. He is getting numbers, but often the offense stalls when going through him. I wonder how different the game would have been without Mitchell against Denver?

That said, I hope he puts it together enough to be what we need, that star that can take over the game when we need him to. Right now he seems to have lost that spark. His rookie year and the year after he showed great ability to blaze when needed and take over, with multiple 20-pt quarters that turned games around. Lately he seems less connected to the team, and when he does get high point totals it seems almost as if it is aside from what the team is trying to do.

I mean I might be missing something in this, but his on/off stats have been consistently dropping since his rookie year. +22 wins with him on the court his rookie year, compare to -19 this year, unless I am understanding this completely backward. If so someone please correct me. But the way it is explained on the web site, this isn't great.

View attachment 10242
View attachment 10243

I am sure people will say this is skewed by early-season performance, but that is still part of his performance for the season. I am hoping he puts it together, but so far his advanced stats are down almost across the board from previous seasons, and I find that concerning.

EDIT:

I am still really excited about this season. We have a great team working as a team and winning at a higher rate than almost any other season of the Jazz this far into it, and definitely a faster start than most QS years, which bodes well as we enter our stride mid-season. This team has the best chance of winning it all of any Jazz team in a very long time, imo. And I love everyone on this team really, especially Mitchell, who is so much fun to watch as a dynamic scorer. I cannot wait for the next win streak to start!
I'm mainly enjoying the team and like to watch Mitchell play. It's fun, he's fun. I'm not holding out hope for a championship because I think that's too hard when your main scorer is below legue average in efficiency. The math doesn't work. I can't think of a recent championship team that had this problem other than Toronto with Siakim, but they had enough volume and efficiency in addition. Kobe wasn't the most efficient, only a little more than Mitchell, but he knew how to get to the line and that really helps close games. Of course, Kobe was known as the most inefficient closer so maybe there is nothing to this.

Last edited: