What's new

If not Rubio then what?

The biggest problem is shooting. The only good shooter on this team is Joe ingles. The other problem is We have one all star and that's Rudy. Donovan has the potential but no way he's an all star this year. He has to improve a lot. Very inefficient

also nobody mentioned that rubio is now shooting a career high for 3point attempts, but he's shooting a career low of .267. B/c he has to take the looks teams give him and teams are doubling everyone on ball and letting rubio operate outside.

Chauncey Billups would be perfect but those types are rare. Kyle Lowry is the closest comp to him but he doesn’t have his size.

im going to look at this positive, jazz will have 39mil next season to potentially spend if they don't pickup favors option and let rubio+burks+thabo walk. I wouldn't bring em back for more than about 2.5mil rn.

I wish we were that bold @yamers. I really do. I just don't know if our FO has the guts to go with unknowns over entrenched guys. Favors, Burks, Rubio, Thabo, Neto AND Udoh? My bet is 3 of them are back. Unfortunately.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I wish we were that bold @yamers. I really do. I just don't know if our FO has the guts to go with unknowns over entrenched guys. Favors, Burks, Rubio, Thabo, Neto AND Udoh? My bet is 3 of them are back. Unfortunately.

i think you're going to be surprised. I think DL is setting up for this upcoming FA.

Neto is signed through next season. But even if he wasn't I feel he'd be the most likely on that list to be resigned. At most, I feel two on your list will be resigned - though I think Neto will be the only one on your list to be resigned (after next season).

Neto has a team option. All 6 guys are great guys. However, none are starter quality anymore.

Thabo, Udoh, and Neto are only worth a minimum contract.

Favors is not worth the $16.9 team option.

Rubio is worth bringing back as a backup and no more than $10 million.

Burks lives in the doghouse too much.

I see us keeping Rubio and Neto.

So nobody likes Thon? I was just wondering.

But seriously, would anybody consider Burks for Dellie and a 1st rounder?

The first rounder could be an asset used to chase a player later.

The offense was better last year with Rubio off the floor. I would just think an offensive maestro like Ricky the offense would clearly hum.

I’m also over the turnovers dont matter and that offensive rebounding is not a big deal. There is no single trait all top ten offenses have... but almost all are good shooting. The couple teams that aren’t good shooting are extremely low turnover (Charlotte) or they are good offensive rebounding (OKC).

There are a couple good shooting teams that aren’t good offensively and they are high turnover teams.

So whatever this floor general, court presence, intangible benefit thing Rubio brings it can be sacrificed for superficial measurable things like making baskets or finding ways to get more shot attempts than your opponent rather than giving them the ball.

I know this is hard to grasp but there seems to be a strong correlation between making shots and high performing offenses and high performing offensive players.

So nobody likes Thon? I was just wondering.

But seriously, would anybody consider Burks for Dellie and a 1st rounder?

The first rounder could be an asset used to chase a player later.

Nope... they also owe a pick to Phoenix so you couldn’t get the pick for at least 2 or 3 years... it has complex protections.

also nobody mentioned that rubio is now shooting a career high for 3point attempts, but he's shooting a career low of .267. B/c he has to take the looks teams give him and teams are doubling everyone on ball and letting rubio operate outside.

This.
Rubio isnt being defended on the outside at all..... and still bricks

Yes, at scoring and occasionally on his penetrate and pass game, but he doesn't command the offense like Rubio.

But he is a 2nd year player that hasnt been asked to much. Im betting that he can develop that skill.

The Bucks pick I would target would be 2021. Its far enough out to be intriguing to future trade partners, not a concern for the current Bucks, and a great asset as a throw in for a bigger deal down the road.

Think about it, we could offer 3 picks pretty easily with our 2019, 2021 and Bucks 2021 and have a really intriguing offer. Plus, I think Dellie actually helps us.

The Bucks pick I would target would be 2021. Its far enough out to be intriguing to future trade partners, not a concern for the current Bucks, and a great asset as a throw in for a bigger deal down the road.

Think about it, we could offer 3 picks pretty easily with our 2019, 2021 and Bucks 2021 and have a really intriguing offer. Plus, I think Dellie actually helps us.

They’d waive and stretch delly before giving up a pick of any worth... kind of like what NY did with Noah... which is what I believe we all kind of told you they’d do.