What's new

If the roster stays the same, which player on 15 man roster gets the least minutes this year?

If the roster stays the same, which player on 15 man roster gets the least minutes this year?

• Tony Bradley

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Grayson Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alec Burks

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Raul Neto

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Georges Niang

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Ekpe Udoh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just want Niang to get some development minutes and just to see if his shooting and passing works as well as I think it can and to see if his defense is good enough.

You will see Niang and Bradley both in the D-league more than once. Allen better get some burn, and hopefully he can surprise.

the question is: in Niang already better than Burks. We are a winning team, and while Burks doesn't fit the Jazz playstyle, winning is still the pritority.

Bradley. He'll almost certainly be behind Gobert, Favors and Udoh in the center rotation. He likely won't see game time unless two of the three are out in the same game. If only one is out the Jazz will use more of a small ball approach.

Allen will get minutes. Burks will get minutes when Allen struggles or the Jazz need guard/wing help due to injury. Neto will get spot minutes in his usual role. Udoh will definitely play. Niang will get minutes in garbage time.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Bradley spent all year with the Stars to continue developing.

Bradley or Niang pretty clearly.

Both of them probably need two players to be hurt in front of them to get on the court outside of garbage minutes.

I can see Niang getting some of Jae or Thabo's minutes in certain situations because of his shooting ability. Probably wouldn't be a big role but there's a possibility for some minutes there.

I am hoping AB gets minutes for the first part of the year to increase his trade value.

If DL could get a first for AB it would be a win. There is the option of him being used in a player salary dump but I see the jazz wanting to keep as much flexibility for the summer if 2019

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

I can see Niang getting some of Jae or Thabo's minutes in certain situations because of his shooting ability. Probably wouldn't be a big role but there's a possibility for some minutes there.

I really want to see the dribble handoff stuff with him and our wings. With his ability to shoot, pass and handle (something he does better than Thabo and Jae) I think he could punish teams for overplaying the perimeter guy or keep them honest and give an advantage to our perimeter guys that they really haven't had.

Watch the rebound and go section of the video below (starts around 1 min mark) and imagine it is DM, Ingles, Exum, Ricky, running around the dribble handoff or ball screen. Only two times he sets it up here, but he fakes and goes and dimes guys up. The second time it looks like they will set it up then he hits the guy on the backdoor cut. I'm irrational, but I think he could be part of the answer at 4.

The Jazz are in trouble if either of these guys see serious minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is our scorer off the bench? I think that’s one thing we don’t have if Burks doesn’t get consistent minutes.

Who is our scorer off the bench? I think that’s one thing we don’t have if Burks doesn’t get consistent minutes.

Jae, Dante, and Favs (not a bench guy, but I expect him to play with bench units a lot). We don't have the Lou Williams classic guy who gets you 20 off the bench regularly, but AB has failed in that role and our offense doesn't really lend itself to that type of dude.

I am hoping AB gets minutes for the first part of the year to increase his trade value.

If DL could get a first for AB it would be a win.

The Jazz have a better chance of winning the NBA Finals next year than getting a first round pick for Alec Burks.

Niang gotta be consistent with his shots. That's literally the only thing the team's asking him to do. If he continues to shoot as poorly as he did in the playoffs, he'd find himself out of this league real soon

Nobody cared about this post, 2 years ago. Now that it's outdated and completely inaccurate, ....... Maybe Hayward fans will care? They love the past!!!! Way to dig up s*** out of the backyard!!