What's new

If you were granted the fore-knowledge that the Utah Jazz would never win a title...

I probably would.

Is there any alternative? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't follow the NBA at all if it wasn't for The Jazz.

I like Rodgers idea. Make some bank come playoff time.

But as far as being a fan, I have been a fan since the early 80's. I would have a hard time dropping them, but knowing that the ultimate prize would be forever beyond reach I would probably drop to a fan that followed the Jazz, but not someone who held season tickets, or even watched every game.

Would you stay a Jazz fan?

Absolutely not.

The purpose of being a fan is to see them achieve the ultimate goal...a title in their respective sport. Nothing more, nothing less. While I understand that the values of cohesive team play are important and do have parallels in everyday life, I think being second fiddle, forever, says more about the team than anything else.

I am a fan because I want to see my team win. Win the title.

That depends on why they would never win a title. If it's because Stern listens to master James pillow talk and they combine Utah with OKC, and then combine then combine them with Portland, and then Combine them with Denver, and then Combine them with L.A, and then, in the end, every team is combined with the Heat. 1 team, Lebron can make sure to get his ring that way.

Pointless question.
The WHOLE point of being a fan is hope. Take away that hope and what is the point?
Yeah, sometimes, crappy teams' fans pretty much know they wont win, BUT they still watch and come, because of hope.

Interesting question. I would probably stop watching the NBA if I knew the Jazz would never win a title.

That depends on why they would never win a title. If it's because Stern listens to master James pillow talk and they combine Utah with OKC, and then combine then combine them with Portland, and then Combine them with Denver, and then Combine them with L.A, and then, in the end, every team is combined with the Heat. 1 team, Lebron can make sure to get his ring that way.

holy **** what the **** is this

Absolutely not.

The purpose of being a fan is to see them achieve the ultimate goal...a title in their respective sport. Nothing more, nothing less. While I understand that the values of cohesive team play are important and do have parallels in everyday life, I think being second fiddle, forever, says more about the team than anything else.

I am a fan because I want to see my team win. Win the title.

Well said. And you are a fan even when they have fallen short, thus avoiding the fair-weather fan label.

Ive been a fan since 1992. I am not going anywhere for the conceivable future.

You know if you want an answer from fans living in this exact reality talk to a Clippers fan.

I am sure I'd still watch most of the games on TV, but I'm sure I'd be less emotionally invested in the team, attend less games, and spend less money on their gear.