Would You Like the Jazz to Draft McCollum?

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I'd rather Have Glenn Robinson the 3rd fall to the Jazz

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
Do you think he is a better NBA Player than Burke or MCW? I'm not asking if you think he is a better PG, but a better player.

Burke > McCollum > MCW (for the Jazz)

imo

I like McCollums ability to shoot the ball and his bbIQ. I'm convinced he can be a pure PG that is also a scoring threat whenever needed.

I know you guys probably think I'm crazy in saying this, but he reminds me of a smaller Kobe Bryant. The way he handles the rock especially.

I don't see the similarity to Kobe, but CJ McCollum does remind me a lot of SAM CASSELL. That would be a nice pickup if it panned out.

Batman

Well, if we did draft McCullum, there are a few benifits he would bring to this team
-He'd be able to contribute right away and more than GR3 if we drafted him.
-He'd be a guy that could create his own shot and be a knock down shooter
-The Name of C.J. would be redeemed and Jazzfanz would no longer cringe whne they hear it
-We'd have a big good sized PG in McCullum
-Our starting lineup could be set for years to come, Especially if McCullum could average around 5 assists a game. Hayward and Burks could help facilitate
PG-McCullum=Cassel/Billups
SG-Burks=(Hard to Peg) Jamal Crawford but with greater size and defense but less shooting ability
SF-Hayward=Hornacek/Ginobili
PF-Kanter=Malone/Booze
C-Favors=Tyson Chandler

cctrackstar

Actually most mid-1st round picks sit on the bench.
So, I wasn't implying that he should start, and of course he would be in the second unit under 'correct' circumstances, but I was more saying that he would be either a cheerleader or visiting the DLeage as long as Burks and Foye and Mo were on the team, which is not what mid firsts should do. Now addmitedly, Foye and Mo are both free agents at the end of this season, but what teams both want them and can afford them other than the Jazz?

(Edit: and we already have a less talented Burks lookalike named Kevin Murphy)

Batman

So who's got a higher ceiling; Burks or McCollum?

Burks has all the tools, and if he can ever figure out his midrange/drivegame, I'd think burks has a higher celing just because of his length, size, and athleticism. However, McCullum's BBIQ and scoring ability may propel him to have a better career than Burks.

cctrackstar

Funny that Burks supposedly doesn't have BBIQ but he's backing up at the point. Also interesting that a player (McCollum) that some say isn't a true point supposedly has a better basketball IQ.

It may be all true, but still interesting.

Hal

Funny that Burks supposedly doesn't have BBIQ but he's backing up at the point. Also interesting that a player (McCollum) that some say isn't a true point supposedly has a better basketball IQ.

It may be all true, but still interesting.

Are you implying that since Burks is a backup PG, that means he has a high basketball IQ? Because well...you'd be wrong. There are a myriad of examples, Steve Franchise being the foremost. I'm really not sure what your point is with this post, care to explain it?

NUMBERICA

Also, Why Neg Rep me for this. I am providing an ESPN insider excerpt. Personally, If I was not an ESPN Insider, and someone posted something like this, i'd be grateful. Honestly.

You make a ridiculous amount of threads. Most of which are redundant to things already being discussed in other threads.