What's new

I'm Worried About Clarkson

I guess it's time to bump up that thread now.. Yesterday he not only had one of his worse shooting nights in Jazz uniform, he was visibly struggling to get to his spots in the paint and turned it over a lot.
It's really just one game, he will be back to his normal self next game. The playoffs are a match up of defensive match ups and strategies. It wasn't only Clarkson everyone was missing their shots, especially from 3

It was painful to watch.

I want nothing but the best for Clarkson. I have loved having him on the Jazz.

He was a big part of what cost us the game last night. A big part.

It was painful to watch.

I want nothing but the best for Clarkson. I have loved having him on the Jazz.

He was a big part of what cost us the game last night. A big part.
Yeah, agreed, but he was far from the only part. At times he was the only one who could create anything. That's the thing we struggle with the most is Mitchell is the only one we have who can consistently create his own shot. And bogey laying a huge goose-egg in the first half didn't help either.

I wish Quin would reign him in just a little bit. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player given such a green light offensively, especially a bench player. He just uses too many possessions.

I wonder if Quin left him in so long because of the 3-point streak. Kind of glad it is broken now. He needs to focus on his game, not streaks or awards, which I think has gotten into his head.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
I think it was a regular season streak anyways, right? So it’s still alive and shouldn’t be affecting him either way.

I wish Quin would reign him in just a little bit. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player given such a green light offensively, especially a bench player. He just uses too many possessions.
This is partly on JC but the other guys weren't exactly aggressive either. I think he is a rhythm guy... he also likely had his role change a bit with DM out.

I pray we get flame thrower back for the majority of the series.

Despite the recent struggles, you always need a guy that has no fear to score and gets the green light to shoot. That is Clarkson. A lot of guys shrink from the moment.
While I agree with your point but when you are 0-8 from 3pt land perhaps you should try something else that game to help the team. The Jazz need him to make 3pt and be more efficient if they want to move through the playoffs. This isn't only Clarkson's problem but sometimes the Jazz players do not make adjustment in the game when things are going badly for them in a particular area.

You cannot win a playoff game when you only play one and a half quarters. Jazz were lucky to only lose by 3pts and had a shot to tie. It was a team effort of bad basketball for most of the game. Jazz were not ready to play and were rusty is my hope. Memphis is a talent team and the Jazz better come ready the next game or they could be in big trouble.

I think it was a regular season streak anyways, right? So it’s still alive and shouldn’t be affecting him either way.
Looks like you are right. So much for my theory. Now I'm annoyed Quin left him in so long. Even my mother, a huge Clarkson fan, was over it last night.

This is partly on JC but the other guys weren't exactly aggressive either. I think he is a rhythm guy... he also likely had his role change a bit with DM out.

I pray we get flame thrower back for the majority of the series.
We get Mitchell back and a lot of things will fall back into place. Clarkson was greatly affected by the extra defensive focus on him with Mitchell out. The is no denying it.

Again there is nothing to worry about. He was simply overhyped. Just your normal everyday heat check player off the bench. Some days he is on and some days he is off. You can't ask him to carry the entire offense by himself. Neither should you encourage him to do so.

Yesterday in the second quarter when we were up 10 with a good playmaker in Ingles on the floor, we decided to let Clarkson play iso for every offensive possession and allowed the Grizz to make a run. It was just terrible coaching and not knowing your personnel.

LETS PLAY PHYSICAL, THE GRIZZ WILL COME WEDNESDAY SAME GAMEPLAN PLAY TUFF SOMETIMES DIRTY TO RUFF US UP BECAUSE THEY THINK WE ARE SOFT,

Again there is nothing to worry about. He was simply overhyped. Just your normal everyday heat check player off the bench. Some days he is on and some days he is off. You can't ask him to carry the entire offense by himself. Neither should you encourage him to do so.

Yesterday in the second quarter when we were up 10 and had Ingles on the floor, then we decided to let Clarkson play iso for every offensive possession. It was just terrible coaching and not knowing your personnel.
Snyder needs to show a little fight, never challenges any play, hardly ever gets a T to shake the team, wake the hell up Snyder show a dam mean streak, throw away the gel mess up your hair get that crazy eyed look we know you have, nobody in media likes us or wants us to win so lets show some dam emotion.

Snyder needs to show a little fight, never challenges any play, hardly ever gets a T to shake the team, wake the hell up Snyder show a dam mean streak, throw away the gel mess up your hair get that crazy eyed look we know you have, nobody in media likes us or wants us to win so lets show some dam emotion.
In the second quarter we had that golden opportunity to suck the air out of the Grizz and wrap this one up early. Just let Ingles handle the ball, slow the tempo, and pick n roll them to death. Instead, we just ask Ingles to stand in the corner and let Clarkson embrace his inner Kobe. Then multiple bricks, turnovers and Grizz fast break lead to a 21 point swing

Last edited:
Clarkson needs to pass out when he drives more. He is deadly when the other team doesn’t know if he is going to drive and shoot or drive and dish. Seems it puts him in rhythm more when he plays like that.

I agree with this. He should have pulled a T complaining about Brooks fondling Ingles the entire ****ing game. He could have given him a proctology exam he had his hands on him so much.

LETS PLAY PHYSICAL, THE GRIZZ WILL COME WEDNESDAY SAME GAMEPLAN PLAY TUFF SOMETIMES DIRTY TO RUFF US UP BECAUSE THEY THINK WE ARE SOFT,
We're not a physical team. We just don't have anyone with that mentality, and I think we really need it. Just one enforcer, but these guys aren't going to just flip a switch and be tough. They need to generate and make open shots, that's their identity.