What's new

Independent View on Hayward DX video

Qman

[video=youtube_share;2aa6_sdCgOs]https://youtu.be/2aa6_sdCgOs

Hopefully this will help everyone have a more balanced view on Hayward.

I think if Gordon would stop playing video games till the wee hours in the morning ,his game would be more consistant.Take away his gamer hours Quin. LOL

It also helps me get a handle on DraftExpress and the quality of their analysis. Obviously we know Hayward well after watching him every game for the past 4 years. These guys probably don't. That being said, they did a pretty spot on analysis.

Hayward should be at P3 working on lateral quickness after watching that video. Not that we didn't know that, but that seems to be an area that he can control improvement in with benefits on both sides of the court.

[video=youtube_share;2aa6_sdCgOs]https://youtu.be/2aa6_sdCgOs

Hopefully this will help everyone have a more balanced view on Hayward.

Yep, that's the Hayward I remember. Sometimes he looks very good and sometimes he looks very mediocre. I want him in a Jazz uniform, but only if he doesn't cost a dime over $10 million. The dude's a Chevy, so don't pay him like he's a Lexus.

I think he's a better defender than the video gives him credit for, but otherwise it's pretty accurate.

Yep, that's the Hayward I remember. Sometimes he looks very good and sometimes he looks very mediocre. I want him in a Jazz uniform, but only if he doesn't cost a dime over $10 million. The dude's a Chevy, so don't pay him like he's a Lexus.

He's going to get over $10 million - to think he will settle for less would be foolish.

Brutal honestly.

I can't wait to see fans bitch about how DX hates utah and isn't at all accurate.

Sometimes a lil brutal honesty is the right medicine. Heck, I thought they were very nice when describing how he doesn't fear contact but doesn't absorb it. Ive seen many games where Gordon didn't dare venture into the paint.

Pretty much nailed it. Including how his consistent inconsistency forces a person to have a scattered appraisal of him as a player.

Another thing, can everyone shut the **** up already about "the length of Hayward"? He's taller than Burks but has a shorter wingspan and shorter standing reach. His wingspan is shorter than his playing height for ****'s sake. Being tall for your position =/= being long.

That said I don't want my gripes about Hayward or anyone else's to create the impression that he isn't valued. But the conversation about his market-value is lunacy and it has to be responded to. I'd really like him to be here for a reasonable salary because he's a nice piece.

a bit of a better defender than given credit for in this video-- otherwise, very accurate.

Still baffles me how he hasn't started working on a post-game. What in the ****, Gordon Hayward. League SGs are getting smaller, he should be feasting on them.

a bit of a better defender than given credit for in this video-- otherwise, very accurate.

Still baffles me how he hasn't started working on a post-game. What in the ****, Gordon Hayward. League SGs are getting smaller, he should be feasting on them.

He's busy mastering a different league ( league of legends)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkf

I think Gordon's defensive effort shows when his opponent is a replacement level player who basically is 1 dimensional offensively. The results of his deficits multiply vs more versatile attacker.

I think if Gordon would stop playing video games till the wee hours in the morning ,his game would be more consistant.Take away his gamer hours Quin. LOL

I don't know why some of you guys always hate his video game spare time activities. If you carefully listen to draftee interviews you'll find out that 95% of the players play video games.
Is it that you guys are still traumatized by your perceived Andrej Kirilenko video game breakdown? Or is it that only black athletes are allowed to play video games? #noracist

I have no clue. But you shouldn't apply double standards. If you don't like anyone on the earth playing video games in their free time, please stick to your guns and hate everyone on the Jazz roster who has ever mentioned them.

I think Gordon's defensive effort shows when his opponent is a replacement level player who basically is 1 dimensional offensively. The results of his deficits multiply vs more versatile attacker.

At least he has decent help defense(it actually might have hurt his individual defensive stats because only few Jazz players rotated on defense) and above average defensive awareness. He's the second best at those things after Favors, imo. (Gobert is better than him also but, I don't know if he can do it consistently for meaningful playing times)

If Lebron is a Lamborghini and Kobe is an old Rolls, Gordan probably is a Lexus or at least will grow into one. But he is not a Mercedes or BMW. Pay him like a Lexus.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Pretty much nailed it. Including how his consistent inconsistency forces a person to have a scattered appraisal of him as a player.

Another thing, can everyone shut the **** up already about "the length of Hayward"? He's taller than Burks but has a shorter wingspan and shorter standing reach. His wingspan is shorter than his playing height for ****'s sake. Being tall for your position =/= being long.

That said I don't want my gripes about Hayward or anyone else's to create the impression that he isn't valued. But the conversation about his market-value is lunacy and it has to be responded to. I'd really like him to be here for a reasonable salary because he's a nice piece.

I, for one, still appreciate your early nickname for him: T-rex Momface

Wow. Great video. For everyone who thinks he was in Cleveland - it was false. He wasn't even there. His agent was blowing smoke to pump up his value