What's new

Interesting tidbit.

The Fresh Prince

Age Gregg Popovich won his first ring - 50.
Age of Quin Snyder - 50.

Popovich also had the same amount of Head Coaching experience as Quin Snyder at this point. He coached the Spurs for 2 years before winning his first title, Snyder has coached the Jazz for 2 seasons prior to this season.

In the words of Juwan Howard... "WE GON SHOCK THE WORLD!"

History is about to repeat itself. The Small Market will rise again!

Also, that 99 championship team featured a young big who tearing up the league, and a 35 year old veteran who had never won a ring.

Also that team featured a fascinating Aussie named Andrew Gaze. Coincidence?

Only difference is the Spurs didn't have to beat maybe the greatest team in NBA history to win the title... they just had to beat the Knicks... Jazz Will have to beat the Dubs. The Durant signing is lame when you think this team won 73 games without him. he was kind of a coward/wanted to easy road to a title.

Only difference is the Spurs didn't have to beat maybe the greatest team in NBA history to win the title... they just had to beat the Knicks...

LOL, good point. If I remember correctly The Knicks were the 8 seed that year and pretty much fell *** backwards into the Finals.

They were literally like 4 seconds away from getting knocked out in the first round.

Jazz got a tougher road ahead.

LOL, good point. If I remember correctly The Knicks were the 8 seed that year and pretty much fell *** backwards into the Finals.

They were literally like 4 seconds away from getting knocked out in the first round.

That run is the reason Jeff Van Gundy is relevant and not a forgotten name. Well, that and Alonzo.

But if the Jazz were to win it all, no one could say they didn't deserve it because they have quite possibly the toughest road to the Finals ever.