What's new

Interesting Trade Ideas Article

LoPo

1. Philadelphia 76ers receive: Mike Conley, Georges Niang
    Utah Jazz receive: Tobias Harris, Shake Milton, No. 21 pick (via OKC), 2022 unprotected first-round pick

1. Washington Wizards receive: Rudy Gobert
    Utah Jazz receive: Thomas Bryant, Troy Brown Jr., Ish Smith, Moritz Wagner, No. 9 pick

Any interest on Matisse Thybulle? Idk much about him but other than he looks like a good up and coming 3 and D guy. Theoretically if it was Tobias and Matisse, how does that look?

Any interest on Matisse Thybulle? Idk much about him but other than he looks like a good up and coming 3 and D guy. Theoretically if it was Tobias and Matisse, how does that look?

I'm big on Thybulle too.

As for the trade, I think Conley for Tobias Harris, Thybulle and a 1st rounder is possible.

But then again, what kind of relationship do Doc and Tobias have from their time in LA?

I'm big on Thybulle too.

As for the trade, I think Conley for Tobias Harris, Thybulle and a 1st rounder is possible.

But then again, what kind of relationship do Doc and Tobias have from their time in LA?

Honestly I’m a big fan of a trade based around Conley for Tobias, so long as we can pull something off where we get Thybulle or josh Richardson in return. I’m no expert on phillys role players but Thybulle or Richardson seem like sweet pick ups for us. Something like Conley +Ed for Harris +Thybulle or Conley + Royce or joe for Tobias+ Richardson+ 2nd gets my attention. Richardson and Thybulle are both 6’5” defensive guys that shoot 35%+ on 3s and would be sweet to have as low usage 2s next to Donovan. Richardson has the ability to go off for big games, but Matisse is on a rookie deal for 3 more years and then restricted so I’m game for either.

I like the Philly trade for Conley focused around Harris but they have to give something back. They have a lot of assets.

The Wizards trade is awful there are a lot better options for Gobert

I'm big on Thybulle too.

Thybulle is the kind of perimeter defender we really need. Question is will he be that consistently, as he hasn't had much time to show what he really is yet. But I like his instincts and I think there is a lot of potential there. Would be a good acquisition imo.

Honestly I’m a big fan of a trade based around Conley for Tobias, so long as we can pull something off where we get Thybulle or josh Richardson in return. I’m no expert on phillys role players but Thybulle or Richardson seem like sweet pick ups for us. Something like Conley +Ed for Harris +Thybulle or Conley + Royce or joe for Tobias+ Richardson+ 2nd gets my attention. Richardson and Thybulle are both 6’5” defensive guys that shoot 35%+ on 3s and would be sweet to have as low usage 2s next to Donovan. Richardson has the ability to go off for big games, but Matisse is on a rookie deal for 3 more years and then restricted so I’m game for either.

Financially, the trade is pretty even for next season.

Conley ($34.5) and Ed Davis ($5)
for
Tobias ($34.4), Thybulle ($2.7) and Philly's lightly protected 2021 1st

We actually end up saving over $2 million which might allow us to re-sign Clarkson AND use the entire MLE while staying under the luxury. Also, we get to replace the future 1st rounder we lost in the Conley deal.

Conley for a forward is ideal to me, personally I think a lot of possibilities make some sense depending on what more minor pieces are included (OPJ/Barnes/Griffin/Harris all come to mind, Love not so interesting for me). 1 minor pick or a decent prospect (love Thybulle) is all I'd need from Philly in that deal.

Philly loves Thybulle; they're not going to give him up as a throw-in. He's already one of the best wing defenders in the NBA.

And I like Tobias but he's making $40 million in 2024. The Jazz would be him, Rudy, and Donovan and nine minimum salary guys, and Tobias isn't good enough to justify that. No thanks.

Much more into that three-way trade; it's possible (minus Thybulle) and makes more sense than Tobias.

Umm ... what's the article this comes from?

Haven't been looking around much, but I don't detect any desperation for the Sixers in getting off of Harris's contract now. Especially for Conley (I saw one piece debating the merits of trading Harris for Chris Paul), and especially adding in all the extra goodies to a trade. I think if this was floated on a Philly site, they'd probably:

a) not be all that enthusiastic about Conley, believing (rightly or wrongly that) he's pretty washed
b) insist that it's the Jazz that would need to give up the draft picks/better role players if they're going to be giving up an all-star adjacent player in the prime of his career

I think Conley for Horford is a lot more realistic from Philly’s perspective. Plus, I think Harris is a poor defender.
I would consider Conley for Horford and Richardson. I really like Richardson and think he would be amazing next to Mitchell. Horford and Gobert would have a lot of same strengths and challenges as Favors and Gobert, but Horford has better playmaking and range. The team should be much better defensively and hopefully not hinder the offense.

Horford is definitely overpaid, but he has fewer years and dollars on his deal and because his last year isn’t fully guaranteed he could be a good future trade piece going into that last year of the contract.

I think Conley for Horford is a lot more realistic from Philly’s perspective. Plus, I think Harris is a poor defender.
I would consider Conley for Horford and Richardson. I really like Richardson and think he would be amazing next to Mitchell. Horford and Gobert would have a lot of same strengths and challenges as Favors and Gobert, but Horford has better playmaking and range. The team should be much better defensively and hopefully not hinder the offense.

Horford is definitely overpaid, but he has fewer years and dollars on his deal and because his last year isn’t fully guaranteed he could be a good future trade piece going into that last year of the contract.

Horford is 34 and some change rn. No way you want that guy for at least 2 more years, likely 3, at $27mil/year. Conley could be come a bench star if we resigned him. Horford would be a cheerleader and spokesman in a mummies body with that age/mileage.

Doc Rivers turned Tobias Harris into a “max” player. I think a big reason he got the Philly job is to help turn Harris back into a max player. Philly will try to trade Horford, but will stick with Harris, EmBiid and Simmons as their Big 3.