What's new

Is anyone sad we missed out on Aaron Gordon?

jiggamanjazz

Just curious but was this draft sort of bittersweet to everyone else? I mean I love exum but i was expecting Gordon and the curve ball the magic threw was a definite surprise. Honestly.. what was everyone first reaction when the magics pick was announced? It took me a minute to digest for sure.

I yelled out Nooooooo!

I really wanted Gordon. I'm on board with Exum though. I'm just praying the scouts know what they are talking about.

Just curious but was this draft sort of bittersweet to everyone else? I mean I love exum but i was expecting Gordon and the curve ball the magic threw was a definite surprise. Honestly.. what was everyone first reaction when the magics pick was announced? It took me a minute to digest for sure.

I am more surprised than sad. I was shocked they took Gordon. Now if Gordon because a multi-year all-star then you will hear me weeping all the way from SLC (I live in NH).

I was still thinking ok if Orlando takes Exum then Gordon is a Jazzman. If Orlando takes Smart than I don't think the Jazz take Gordon because I think they have Exum rated higher on their board. So I was hoping the Magic would take Exum because I wanted Gordon but I never felt sad about not getting Gordon especially now that I know more about Exum. However, if the Jazz had taken Vonleh or Smart I probably would have been more bummed about not getting Gordon.

Both Exum are Gordon look like good prospects. Neither are game changers like Jabari or Wiggins who you can build around, and lead you far in the playoffs.

Exum and Gordon are both nice pieces though. I dont believe either will be a core main player, but both will make their teams better.

To answer your question no, because I see them as similar talent and impact wise.

Both Exum are Gordon look like good prospects. Neither are game changers like Jabari or Wiggins who you can build around, and lead you far in the playoffs.

Exum and Gordon are both nice pieces though. I dont believe either will be a core main player, but both will make their teams better.

To answer your question no, because I see them as similar talent and impact wise.

I predict Exum will win you over by the end of SL!

i think we may have dodged a bullet with Gordon.... I'm just not so sure he can shoot.

BTW - I think Walt Perrin's comment that Gordon shot well, and DL asking Gordon back for a 2nd workout may have actually helped in ORL deciding to grab him.

BTW#2 - Jazz's rumored promise to Jordan Adams may have also tricked MEM into taking him and letting Hood drop to us????

#SmokeScreen

I disagree. Exum absolutely could become a game changer. I have no idea if he will, but he has all the talents and skills to do so.

I love Gordon! But Exum is a better fit for the jazz. His skill set and star power are going to change where this franchise sits over the next five years. Not to mention Rodney Hood is going be better than people think.

i think we may have dodged a bullet with Gordon.... I'm just not so sure he can shoot.

BTW - I think Walt Perrin's comment that Gordon shot well, and DL asking Gordon back for a 2nd workout may have actually helped in ORL deciding to grab him.

BTW#2 - Jazz's rumored promise to Jordan Adams may have also tricked MEM into taking him and letting Hood drop to us????

#SmokeScreen

Walt Perrin for MVP.

I was more shocked than disappointed. Orlando pulled a Cleveland. I think Gordon will struggle there because nobody can shooting that team and they already have some tweener forwards

No. Exum has higher upside. You swing for the fences with the 5 pick. The more I read and see, I think we were really lucky that Orlando picked Gordon and let Exum slip.

I really wanted Gordon because of his defense, but am OK with Exum. I wish Orlando would have taken Vonleh or Smart, so DL had his choice between AG and Exum. It would have been interesting to see which way he went with the pick. I like Gordon on the Jazz because we wouldn't need him as much for the scoring, but I don't know if Orlando has enough around him for him to thrive.

You may be right, but I disagree. Exum may be as good or better than Wiggins and Parker when all is said and done. Then again, he might flop, just like Wiggins or Parker may flop.

Exum has been getting a ton of pub lately. It's weird because no one has really seen him play yet he already has a shoe deal from ADIDAS, a rolling stone piece, endorsement from Red Bull, Foot Locker commercials (which are hilarious btw).. and yet no one knows how good he can really be yet.. really strange if you ask me. Likable kid tho for sure!

Gordon was my first second tier guy, so yeah I'm a little bummed he didn't somehow crawl out of DL's pants pocket. Ain't sad we have a tier 1 over a tier 2 tho.

It's interesting, because this place was enamored by Gordon. If you read other teams boards, particularly Orlando's, it's like the sky fell in because they drafted Gordon instead of Exum. I'd love to know what the Jazz draft board really looked like. Where were Exum and Gordon on our big board? Be good to know.

Gordon's the guy you get after you get "the guy" .

Jazz need a #1 and they got the guy "most likely to be" left on the board. Right move all the way.

I love Gordon! But Exum is a better fit for the jazz. His skill set and star power are going to change where this franchise sits over the next five years. Not to mention Rodney Hood is going be better than people think.
Agree,

Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Burke...
Who's the weakest link?

You have to say Burke (or Kanter). Jazz either got a replacement for Burke or someone who can match up against the bigger or faster PG's in the league. Oh wait...most PG's are either bigger or quicker than Trey. And if Trey surprises and Burks doesn't want to stay (or is too expensive)? Then Exum can slide to SG. In any case, the Jazz now have a good 3-man rotation at the guards.

And with Hood, the Jazz get the backup SF they need behind Hayward. Who knows what will happen in the future? Burks could go and Hayward could slide back to SG with Hood starting. Or Trey is traded and Exum starts at PG, with Neto coming over as the backup.

So much flexibility. Exum has FIRE and Hood was captain of the Duke team. Jazz needed leadership. They got it!