Is david locke a hack?

Is David Locke A Hack

• Yes

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 58 61.1%

• Total voters
Checketts >>>> Locke
Checketts is entertaining, but I don't find him particularly knowledgeable. If I wanted only entertainment I would vote to have Gunther and Jan do the evening show (hated those two, only listened because it was better than national shows)

I think we're lucky to have Locke. The dude works his butt off.

I agree that he's a horrible play-by-play announcer, especially because he sounds like he has a continual need to blow his nose, but the dude is prepared when it comes to the Jazz.

Last year was when I really started to appreciate his work. Posting up a ton of scouting videos on potential Jazz draftees. I didn't agree with a lot of them, but it's really nice to have someone willing to put in the time to spark discussion during the off-season.

As far as Locke's actual expertise goes: Is there anyone who doesn't cringe when Locke refers to his own Locke Offensive Rating? That's where he jumps the shark. He's passionate and daring, which is good. But he has a pathological need to be taken seriously, which is bad.

He doesn't want to be a color guy who gleans meaningful insights from statistics and observation, he wants to be in the inner circle of experts who happens to be a good color guy, too.

I think the Locke offensive rating uses really good methodology but I'm not a statistics expert. I like that he uses different indicators for offense and defense.

And once you stop worrying about style, it should be damn obvious that Locke is the best media person in regards to the Utah Jazz. At least in this state. And I'm not even saying Locke is amazing, but the competition is awful.

Since my last name is Locke, I have to vote for him not being a hack. Would not want to vote against a possible distant relative now would I. lol

Well, for those of you who don't like Locke, it sounds like 1320 is having a show with Kyle Gunther and Kevin Graham starting up soon. They've been tweeting a bunch about it.

Since my last name is Locke, I have to vote for him not being a hack. Would not want to vote against a possible distant relative now would I. lol
Locke is his stage name. His real name is Lockenheim or something like that. In other words, you can vote honestly now.

Well, for those of you who don't like Locke, it sounds like 1320 is having a show with Kyle Gunther and Kevin Graham starting up soon. They've been tweeting a bunch about it.
Gunther and Graham? Are you serious? What a horrible combination. I guess they like teaming up opposites. Maybe we'll get lucky and Gunther will squash Graham in an incoherent passion laced tirade. If that happens I hope they pair Gunther with PK or Monson next.