What's new

Is Favors in the long-term plans at this point?

Taking on that much dead salary beyond 2019 is out of the question. You only do that if you're tanking, and I still don't like it because I don't give a **** about Randle.

Who ever wrote that either thinks the Jazz FO is full of moran's or is such a complete and total homer he has no idea of the value of their trash.

Dude it’s lakers fans... they are stupid dumb.

He put this up like hey no one will take Deng but what if we give them Randle too... I’m a genius.

Does anyone think Favors and Hood would be enough to get George Hill and a pick swap from the Kings?

Does anyone think Favors and Hood would be enough to get George Hill and a pick swap from the Kings?
Favors alone is too much. Hill is grossly overpaid. If we had Hayward, getting Hill would make sense. We would be outside contenders. However, we need long term solutions instead of a bad deal to get us the 6th or 7th seed.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

According to Tony Jones, Milwaukee has definite interest in Favors. I wonder if a swap could be done that would lead to Khris Middleton coming to the Jazz, and if so, what would that take? Jabari is obviously the really alluring option there, but what are people's thoughts on potentially running Middleton as a 4? He's 6'8 with a 6'11 wingspan. I have no idea how he would fare defensively in that role, so perhaps it's a non-starter if that would be a liability. At the same time... Gobert.

I've heard repeatedly that -- while perimeter shooting is needed -- what Quin is really after is a playmaking 4. I think Middleton could fit into that role offensively (plus he's a great 3 point shooter).

Ultimately, I don't know all that much about his game, so this is pretty reachy speculation, but I'm curious about others' thoughts. Swinging a trade for Jabari seems unlikely, but working something out for Middleton seems a little more feasible.

Edit: *I don't think Milwaukee would go Favors for Middleton straight up, pretty sure it would take more. I don't think they would close the discussion before looking at what else could be worked in, though.

Last edited:
MKE should not be having any interest in giving up Middleton. They need all the shooting they can get and MIddleton is one of their few capable shooters. I'd be shocked if they want to send him out for Favors.

According to Tony Jones, Milwaukee has definite interest in Favors. I wonder if a swap could be done that would lead to Khris Middleton coming to the Jazz, and if so, what would that take? Jabari is obviously the really alluring option there, but what are people's thoughts on potentially running Middleton as a 4? He's 6'8 with a 6'11 wingspan. I have no idea how he would fare defensively in that role, so perhaps it's a non-starter if that would be a liability. At the same time... Gobert.

I've heard repeatedly that -- while perimeter shooting is needed -- what Quin is really after is a playmaking 5. I think Middleton could fit into that role offensively (plus he's a great 3 point shooter).

Ultimately, I don't know all that much about his game, so this is pretty reachy speculation, but I'm curious about others' thoughts. Swinging a trade for Jabari seems unlikely, but working something out for Middleton seems a little more feasible.

Edit: *I don't think Milwaukee would go Favors for Middleton straight up, pretty sure it would take more. I don't think they would close the discussion before looking at what else could be worked in, though.

I highly doubt they would do Middleton. He is cost controlled and their second best player... also have them a discount to stay. I think they’d move Brogdon or Parker before they move Middleton. Would cost at least Favs and a first rounder next year... maybe Hood too. He’s really good and the type of player every team needs.

If there is a Milwaukee deal it would likely be Teletovic and DJ Wilson. And I’d be cool with that I guess. Jazz were reportedly high on Wilson. Might be able to sneak Brogdon if we added some value.

I don't see how Milwaukee keeps Jabari at this point. He's getting a contract offer that they won't be able to match. I'm wondering if they'd do a Delly/Jabari for Favors/Hood? I think that makes both teams better in the long run.

I don't see how Milwaukee keeps Jabari at this point. He's getting a contract offer that they won't be able to match. I'm wondering if they'd do a Delly/Jabari for Favors/Hood? I think that makes both teams better in the long run.
I would do that trade in a heart beat and I'm a Favors fan. That potentially could be a good trade for both teams.

I would love to see a lineup next year of Exum Mitchell Ingles Parker Gobert. Having a second unit that is Delly Burks Sef Jerebko Udoh.

That's a good mixture of potential, youth and veteran leadership.

There is a risk with Parker but it's worth it. Besides that team could still do well without Parker turning into a star or big scorer.

Personally I am not as interested in Middleton as our PF.

But for them if healthy they would have a really good starting lineup of

Brogdon Hood Middleton Giannis and Favors.

Khris middleton will be amazing for us but Idk how we will get him.

but you never know

Derrick Favors is our best player right now in terms of his PER. He deserves a bigger role on offense. He is our best pull up jump shooter as well right now at over 50%.

If we put our best players on the court according to PER it would be

Mitchell Burks Sef Favors Gobert.

Thats a pretty good lineup. I am not sure those players have played together at the same time yet.

Our back up by best PER would be

Neto Hood Ingles Jerebko Udoh

I would do that trade in a heart beat and I'm a Favors fan. That potentially could be a good trade for both teams.

I would love to see a lineup next year of Exum Mitchell Ingles Parker Gobert. Having a second unit that is Delly Burks Sef Jerebko Udoh.

That's a good mixture of potential, youth and veteran leadership.

There is a risk with Parker but it's worth it. Besides that team could still do well without Parker turning into a star or big scorer.

I get the feeling from Zach Lowe and others that Jabari is not on the table. I think someone will max him out and I think it’s a bad idea. I would not want to trade for him to pay him that kind of money. If we really wanted to make a run at him I’d clear some space and test their resolve

Jabari is too risky for me and I’m not really sure he’s worth the max even if he’s healthy. If it is Favs and maybe some other cap saving contract for Jabari and Teletovic I’d feel much better.

I get the feeling from Zach Lowe and others that Jabari is not on the table. I think someone will max him out and I think it’s a bad idea. I would not want to trade for him to pay him that kind of money. If we really wanted to make a run at him I’d clear some space and test their resolve

Jabari is too risky for me and I’m not really sure he’s worth the max even if he’s healthy. If it is Favs and maybe some other cap saving contract for Jabari and Teletovic I’d feel much better.
I would be surprised if Bucks were willing to let go of Jabari. I am pretty sure they are really high on him and will match any offer in FA.

I agree he is a risk to max but I think it is a good risk to take. He has the potential to be an all-star level player or higher. He is a good fit for our team as well. His injuries are a concern but sometimes you have to take a chance on players. People thought Curry was a big risk because he would never be healthy.

I would be surprised if Bucks were willing to let go of Jabari. I am pretty sure they are really high on him and will match any offer in FA.

I agree he is a risk to max but I think it is a good risk to take. He has the potential to be an all-star level player or higher. He is a good fit for our team as well. His injuries are a concern but sometimes you have to take a chance on players. People thought Curry was a big risk because he would never be healthy.

That’s always the example that is cited but his issues were not nearly as serious as Jabari’s. I don’t see Jabari as a superstar type upside. Maybe a two or three time all star type ceiling. I like him and he’s good but I think there is a 50/50 chance injuries will do him in. If he comes back healthy second half of the season and looks close to himself I could change my mind but a max deal with him (or close to it) could end up crippling our ability to improve the roster.

Also, isn't Jabari terrible defensively? That's particularly important at that position and I think you can only ask Gobert to do so much.

That’s always the example that is cited but his issues were not nearly as serious as Jabari’s. I don’t see Jabari as a superstar type upside. Maybe a two or three time all star type ceiling. I like him and he’s good but I think there is a 50/50 chance injuries will do him in. If he comes back healthy second half of the season and looks close to himself I could change my mind but a max deal with him (or close to it) could end up crippling our ability to improve the roster.
I think Currys injuries were more serious. I am not concerned about Jabari recovering from ACL injury. ACL injuries are not that big of a deal these days. I think his chances of reinjuring it are just as likely as other players getting the same injury.

If Jabari is a 2-3 all-star that would make him a really really good pairing with Mitchell and Gobert. That would make for a very good team and very much worth the risk even if that is his ceiling.

A max deal for Jabari would not be that crippling even if he really struggled. Its not a super max and we would not have any bad contracts. Teams can handle one bad contract just fine. Besides Mitchell would be on his rookie deal. Hopefully Exum would be on a decent deal as well. We would not have money to sign another max player in FA but that is the case regardless of Jabari or not.

Also, isn't Jabari terrible defensively? That's particularly important at that position and I think you can only ask Gobert to do so much.

I don’t think he’s Kanter bad but he’s not good. He’s good and certainly fills a scoring void but I don’t view him as a potential superstar. I think his ceiling is comparable to a good Carmelo... maybe not quite that talented but more willing to move the ball and sacrifice for the team.