What's new

Is Favors in the long-term plans at this point?

Also, isn't Jabari terrible defensively? That's particularly important at that position and I think you can only ask Gobert to do so much.

Brutal at times. Having two players (Parker and Gobert) who have trouble guarding on the perimeter might not be the best idea in and era where every team is shooting over 30 3s a game.

I don’t think he’s Kanter bad but he’s not good. He’s good and certainly fills a scoring void but I don’t view him as a potential superstar. I think his ceiling is comparable to a good Carmelo... maybe not quite that talented but more willing to move the ball and sacrifice for the team.
You wouldnt take a risk to get prime Carmelo who isnt selfish? That would make our team amazing. That would give us a big 3 and awesome players around them.

I think Currys injuries were more serious. I am not concerned about Jabari recovering from ACL injury. ACL injuries are not that big of a deal these days. I think his chances of reinjuring it are just as likely as other players getting the same injury.

If Jabari is a 2-3 all-star that would make him a really really good pairing with Mitchell and Gobert. That would make for a very good team and very much worth the risk even if that is his ceiling.

A max deal for Jabari would not be that crippling even if he really struggled. Its not a super max and we would not have any bad contracts. Teams can handle one bad contract just fine. Besides Mitchell would be on his rookie deal. Hopefully Exum would be on a decent deal as well. We would not have money to sign another max player in FA but that is the case regardless of Jabari or not.

Oh two season ending ACLs in the same knee are not that serious... oh my bad.

It’s not a matter of struggling but if that contract is dead weight (like Chandler Parsons deal) it will hamper our ability to improve.

I’d be okay if we decided to try and sign him but giving up assets to do it is another story.

Also, isn't Jabari terrible defensively? That's particularly important at that position and I think you can only ask Gobert to do so much.
He is not a good defender but he has been okay and plays within the system on defense at PF. He rotates like he is supposed to and moves his feet. He also is okay at doing the little things like blocking out. I think Snyder and his system could do wonders for a guy with his talent level at PF. That is exactly the type of player Snyder wants at the 4.

Ligaments basically take forever to fully heal. I am skeptical two tears to a ligament that is very difficult to heal is NBD to ****ing anybody.

I co-sign on basically everything HH is saying.

Oh two season ending ACLs in the same knee are not that serious... oh my bad.

It’s not a matter of struggling but if that contract is dead weight (like Chandler Parsons deal) it will hamper our ability to improve.

I’d be okay if we decided to try and sign him but giving up assets to do it is another story.
Yes, most players recover 100% or more from ACL injuries even twice.

Yes I agree if he cant play and is dead weight it would really hurt us. That is why its a risk. But if there is a way to get him he would be one of the best options to get a player with all-star potential to make a big 3 that fits in with our timeline. I dont really see any other option for that.

We dont have room to sign a big FA, even if one would agree to sign with us. We could get extremely lucky and draft a rookie that turns out big, but that is unlikely and even then it is more likely that it would take 5 years to develop that rookie. Any trade you make for a potential or current all-star level player is going to be a risk.

But if you dont like him I understand that point of view, we are just see him different then.

I would be nervous to have Jabari here due to how nuts Utahns potentially could go over him. AKA Jimmer level stuff. I am sure that would get annoying but not that big of deal for me I guess if he turns out to be an all-star level player.

Ligaments basically take forever to fully heal. I am skeptical two tears to a ligament that is very difficult to heal is NBD to ****ing anybody.

I co-sign on basically everything HH is saying.
*an unneeded ligament that you can play without and almost always heal 100% or better.

Who is the last player to have an ACL injury that never recovered?

Jabari should be the target. Sure, there is risk, but it is worth taking. He projects as a multiple all star stretch 4. Worth the shot.

The rumor is that the Clippers want Brogdon, Middleton and Henson for DeAndre Jordan. Favors isn't as good and an expiring, but that asking price for Jordan is so high

I have already suggested Jabari/Delly for Favors/Hood. If they simply won't trade Parker, we should target Brogdon and DJ Wilson.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

*an unneeded ligament that you can play without and almost always heal 100% or better.
You have absolutely no idea what the **** you are talking about. Your level of ignorance and your confidence in it is offensive.

The ACL is the central ligament of the knee. There is no such thing as a ligament you don't need if you're talking about anything beyond walking slowly and painfully.

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s Kanter bad but he’s not good. He’s good and certainly fills a scoring void but I don’t view him as a potential superstar. I think his ceiling is comparable to a good Carmelo... maybe not quite that talented but more willing to move the ball and sacrifice for the team.

If he’s a poor man’s Carmelo without being Carmelo, and is a team player, that’d be an awesome pickup for us. Being Carmelo without being Carmelo would actually be a rich man’s Carmelo.

I would be nervous to have Jabari here due to how nuts Utahns potentially could go over him. AKA Jimmer level stuff. I am sure that would get annoying but not that big of deal for me I guess if he turns out to be an all-star level player.

I doubt people go any more crazy for Jabari than they’re currently going for Mitchell. Jimmermania was exacerbated by BYU (large portion of which are not Jazz fans and sizable portion are actually Laker fans) and BYU =/= Jazznation.

How about you name a few that had two in the same knee that didn’t... I’ll start... Michael redd and josh Howard.

Davis Bertans supposedly had two.

Curry’s ankles were no joke but two acls tears is very serious.

If he’s a poor man’s Carmelo without being Carmelo, and is a team player, that’d be an awesome pickup for us. Being Carmelo without being Carmelo would actually be a rich man’s Carmelo.

I doubt people go any more crazy for Jabari than they’re currently going for Mitchell. Jimmermania was exacerbated by BYU (large portion of which are not Jazz fans and sizable portion are actually Laker fans) and BYU =/= Jazznation.

I don’t think he is as good as peak melo... I think he’s a guy that provides scoring and not much else.

Scoring is important in basketball doe.

Few players recover 100%. Rose being a highly athletic player, was destroyed by it. Rubio, while never a big leaper to begin with, can barely jump at all at age 26. Someone whose game is not based on athleticism, like Big Al, is less effected by it. Although he never again able to reach his pre ACL Minnesota numbers that he did as a 24 year old. It's concern is also apparent in drafts, where former top 3 projected picks like Harry Giles fall to pick 20. Not sure if Giles has played one NBA minute yet.

Jabari should be the target. Sure, there is risk, but it is worth taking. He projects as a multiple all star stretch 4. Worth the shot.

The rumor is that the Clippers want Brogdon, Middleton and Henson for DeAndre Jordan. Favors isn't as good and an expiring, but that asking price for Jordan is so high

I have already suggested Jabari/Delly for Favors/Hood. If they simply won't trade Parker, we should target Brogdon and DJ Wilson.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If I was Milwaukee I think I’d rather have Favs. Jordan is expiring too... his salary demands will be more than Favs and he’s so bad at shooting free throws I’m not sure they’d play him late in games. That price is ridiculous and if they trade Middleton for Jordan they are dumb and will be worse.

I don’t think he is as good as peak melo... I think he’s a guy that provides scoring and not much else.

Scoring is important in basketball doe.

That’s an honest concern I have. He’d probably be a great locker room guy, though. All the other scoring + something else guys are locked up.

Last edited:
You have absolutely no idea what the **** you are talking about. Your level of ignorance and your confidence in it is offensive.

The ACL is the central ligament of the knee. There is no such thing as a ligament you don't need if you're talking about anything beyond walking slowly and painfully.
I'm currently training an Olympic level athlete without an ACL, she is doing great.

I'm pretty comfortable with this subject.

How about you name a few that had two in the same knee that didn’t... I’ll start... Michael redd and josh Howard.

Davis Bertans supposedly had two.

Curry’s ankles were no joke but two acls tears is very serious.

There certainly is not a large sample size of athletes tearing an ACL in the same knee twice in the NBA.

Howard and Redd were much older athletes when they had their second ACL tear.

Lindsey Vonn did pretty decent after her second ACL tear in the same leg. I believe Sam Bradford has done okay after his second tear. Thomas Davis seemed to do fine after multiple tears. There are other examples in other sports. You have players like Blair who played in the NBA and had decent athleticism without an ACL in either knee.
But notable the recovery from the 2nd is not different from the first and there are lots and lots of examples of athletes that came back just as strong or stronger after their ACL surgery.
https://williamsterett.com/blog-dr-william-sterett/how-long-does-it-take-to-recover-from-acl-surgery

Its not without risk for many reasons to get him. But there is plenty of reasons to think he can recover and be fine after this. Maybe he has other medical issues that I dont know about leading to them or other problems. I am guessing he has not properly trained and hopefully he is doing that know which means he could come back stronger and better athletically, which is often the case.

Few players recover 100%. Rose being a highly athletic player, was destroyed by it. Rubio, while never a big leaper to begin with, can barely jump at all at age 26. Someone whose game is not based on athleticism, like Big Al, is less effected by it. Although he never again able to reach his pre ACL Minnesota numbers that he did as a 24 year old. It's concern is also apparent in drafts, where former top 3 projected picks like Harry Giles fall to pick 20. Not sure if Giles has played one NBA minute yet.

Rose had a lot more medical issues than just an ACL. Many or most people now days recover pretty well. People like Nerlens Noel, Baron Davis and Kyle Lowry all had ACL surgery before coming to the NBA and recovered very well.

If only Jabari had had the foresight to hire Ron Mexico as his proper trainer. His poor decision-making has likely cost him millions of dollars. RMex is fine without his commission, doe. #Rollininit