What's new

Is Ruby 'really' worth a max?

If we win a title, it's going to be because of Donovan Mitchell. He has the ability to grow into a player who is the difference maker.

Gobert is a really good player, but his impact on the game seems to lessen in the playoffs. He simply can't take the game over. And against elite teams, they will just go small to get around him. He will lose the battle against AD, get stretched out by Lopez, get outplatooned by the Clippers or just get outplayed again by Houston.

In my opinion, we trade Gobert for Jaylen Brown this summer. We re-sign Favors. And if we can be bold enough, we dump Conley so we can sign a guy like Montrez Harrell.

Mitchell
Brown
Ingles/Royce
Bojan
Harrell/Favors
6th Man Clarkson

That team could contend for a title.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We would be ten times worse without Rudy. People think it’s always greener on the other side.

I don't have the time, but can somebody run statistics of what we have done against .500+ teams the last two seasons? And while you're at it, will you run statistics on minutes with Rudy and without Rudy but with Favors during our 3 playoff series the last two postseasons?

I'm guessing here, but I think that our postseason production numbers are relatively close between Rudy minutes and Favors minutes. I'd also be willing to guess that we don't fare all that well against the best teams in the league even with Rudy in the lineup.

People who think we will become some bottom feeder without Rudy are just scared. Many are the same people who thought we would be a top of the lottery team when Hayward left.