What's new

Is this Sloan's best coaching job ever?

Is this the best coaching job of Sloan's career?

• Yes

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Too early to say

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
If the Jazz win 60 this season AND make it to the WCF or further, Sloan will win COY.

Problem is that they vote for COTY at the end of the season and the results are given out during the playoffs. Although, I do agree that 60 wins would more than likely put him over the top.

It's gotta be the 03-04 season hands down

Matt Harpring (33 games played)
Raja Bell
Greg Ostertag
Tom Gugliotta
Andrei Kirilenko
Gordon Giricek
Carlos Arroyo
Jarron Collins
Michael Ruffin
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Raul Lopez
Mikki Moore

That roster got a 42-40 record, It's amazing

It's only amazing if the competition is great. It'd be interesting to see how many teams were sub .500 that year or near it. Plus, most of those players were defensive players. In other words, Sloan had a team full of scrappers. They were great at keeping the games close as much as possible. It was probably Heaven for him.

This year is pretty close to that same design: Full of scrappers. The main difference is that now, some of those scrappers are also offensive weapons and better passers, plus we have some true leadership and scoring punch inside.

Honestly, I think most of what has made Sloan so awesome this year is that he's being so open to suggestions. Plus, it helps to actually have guys that know what to suggest. We finally have veterans on this team. I've been wanting the Jazz to bring in more veterans for a few years now.

Of course, when I say Sloan, and Sloan says this to, I mean his entire coaching staff. It seems they're all more ready to adapt and change depending on the matchups and also upon the momentum of the game. I'm sure our veterans make suggestions or have made suggestions and the staff seems more prepared to take action this year. In other words, our future is looking good since we still can improve so much.

It's only amazing if the competition is great. It'd be interesting to see how many teams were sub .500 that year or near it. Plus, most of those players were defensive players. In other words, Sloan had a team full of scrappers. They were great at keeping the games close as much as possible. It was probably Heaven for him.

This year is pretty close to that same design: Full of scrappers. The main difference is that now, some of those scrappers are also offensive weapons and better passers, plus we have some true leadership and scoring punch inside.

Honestly, I think most of what has made Sloan so awesome this year is that he's being so open to suggestions. Plus, it helps to actually have guys that know what to suggest. We finally have veterans on this team. I've been wanting the Jazz to bring in more veterans for a few years now.

Of course, when I say Sloan, and Sloan says this to, I mean his entire coaching staff. It seems they're all more ready to adapt and change depending on the matchups and also upon the momentum of the game. I'm sure our veterans make suggestions or have made suggestions and the staff seems more prepared to take action this year. In other words, our future is looking good since we still can improve so much.

it took literally five seconds to pull this link:

https://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/year/2004

that's a powerful western conference, maybe the most competitive of the decade. or ever.

and unless you're trolling or something, saying "these guys are scrappers too... but they can shoot! and we have a leader! and inside scoring!" is to say that this team is, um, wholly different

2003-2004 was remarkable and anyone even remotely diminishing its legacy should be permanently banned and reported to whatever isp they're using so they can be exiled from the internet forever. 2003-2004 was more memorable than most other teams' championship seasons. it was and is the high point of the utah jazz franchise. i'm twitching with fury

What I have noticed is that the main players on the team are completely on board with the Jerry Sloan way
Mainly: Deron and Millsap. Hard work, no nonsense. And the rest of the team is falling in line with it. Al certainly came in with the "I'm so happy to be on a winning team that I'll do anything" attitude, and I think Bell deserves a lot of credit for his leadership.

This one is the best. ^