What's new

Is Trey Burke the Answer?

Chad Ford has this to say about Trey Burke:

Burke is making a strong case to be the national player of the year. His college stats are stellar: 17.8 points and 7.2 assists per game while shooting 50 percent from the field and 38 percent from 3-point range. Additionally, 30 percent of Burke's possessions end in an assist, compared to just 7 percent of his possessions ending in a turnover. That's remarkable. He's got the perfect balance between scoring and helping others, and he plays almost mistake-free basketball. If he were a little taller (he's 6-foot) or more of an explosive athlete, he'd be ranked even higher. However, Burke is slowly creeping up to the lottery range in this year's draft and current sits at No. 16 in our Top 100.

If he goes 16, then the Jazz will Have a great shot at drafting him.

If you are unfamilar with Burke, here is a link to a highlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gK7NXA5PJI

I especially loved the cross over at 2:34

The announcer in video also says he has a 41 inch vertical.

He has quite a handle and he makes some nifty passes.

He may be and I actually like him over Smart and MCW (Not too impressed with either). If he's there when ours or the GS pick comes up we better take him.

I love that de doesn't turn the Ball over and that he is a Pure Pg that can shoot. That seems to be what we need. I wonder what his ceiling in the NBA would be? Ty Lawson but more of a passer and less of a scorer?

Trey Burke may be the answer in 2017 if we draft him.
If Corbin stays, the question for Burke will be, "who leds the team in DNP-CD's?"

Trey Burke may be the answer in 2017 if we draft him.
If Corbin stays, the question for Burke will be, "who leds the team in DNP-CD's?"

as dumb as Ty is there's no way Tinsley or Watson play over Burke if drafted, but if you read my post above, we arent drafting him unless we miss the playoffs and get lucky in the lotto.

I see him being a top 5 or 6 pick come draft day he's that good. In my eyes. I'm starting to see him as a sure thing.

I Hope none of the GM's feel the same way. If he is top 10, i guess there really isn't anything we could do to get him, short of giving up KAnter, Hayward, Favors. this same situation happened last year with Lillard. In march he was projected 15-20 and by june, he was projected top 10.

Basketball reasons aside, it would be fun to see how many times Bolerjack would get tripped up with Burke and Burks on the same team, even in the limited playing time Burke would likely get.

He looks to me like a top 10 pick even in a strong draft. Unless there are red flags I don't see him falling to 16-18.

He looks to me like a top 10 pick even in a strong draft. Unless there are red flags I don't see him falling to 16-18.

That's why I've been looking into Isaiah Canaan, but then again I said Irving would bust was high on Marshall ( although it's still early) and wasn't high on Lillard. Not the best track record with pg's so take this with a few grains of salt.

I am confident that he would already be an upgrade over either Watson or Tinsley, but I don't see him ever being an elite top 10 point guard. I see him becoming a great backup point or a decent, but not great starting point guard.