What's new

Is Trey Burke the Answer?

the jazz's first pick will likely be #14, as i imagine that either the jazz or the Ws will fall out of the playoffs. but i don't think trey burke makes it to 14. might have to settle for texas' guy.

alleniverson.jpg

Never seen him play. And I know that you can't judge a player by one video. However from what I see in that video. If this guy plays as well as it showed, than this is exactly what we need. Only down side if there is one is that in the video it was mostly up tempo type of plays. How well would he play for a half court offensive team like the Jazz?

Never seen him play. And I know that you can't judge a player buy one video. However from what I see in that video. If this guy plays as well as it showed, than this is exactly what we need. Only down side if there is one is that in the video it was mostly up tempo type of plays. How well would he play for a half court offensive team like the Jazz?

I would love to get Burke. I see him being long gone before our pick comes up though. There do see to be some choices this year at PG. Looking at the the PG's at the start of the year it looked like there might be 1-2 (Shabaz being long gone before any of our picks). But now there is MCW, Burke, Smart, McCullum. all that are projected to be top 20 picks. Plus Kabongo and Pressy that could be pretty good. So maybe we Can get our PGOF out of the draft.

ultimately, I think the Jazz just need a Pass first point guard that can shoot and is above average. If we can find a player like this, we will be set. he doesn't have to be top 10 in the league, he just needs to be above average with the ability to shoot and run the offense. Of course, If he can play decent D, that will be important too.

interesting off the one video people think he is top 10. I watch the video andi see a player that is going to be drafted in the 14 to 18 range.

on the drive where he got fouled. he is going to have a hard time driving in the nba and getting his shot off. 2 plays showed that weakness. he will need to learn a floater off the wrong foot.

he is also going to have a hard time guarding at the next level. more and more pgs in the nba are getting taller and bigger. look at the pgs ahead of him McW and smart both big guards. he will have a hard time challenging shots.

now as for this team Burke is a better fit for the jazz. they don't need a superstar but a floor general that will get our other players open shots. he will keep the defense honest with his shooting.

teams like size. Burke will be the 3rd or 4th pg off the board. I can't think of 4 teams ahead of the jazz that need a pg more then other needs.

Shoot... I am just going to call it right now. The Dallas MAvericks will be the team to take him. they need a Pg, and I think he'll go to them.

would this be with the assumption that McW and smart are gone because both will go before Burke. I personally feel smart to Orlando and McW to Dallas. now McCullum could really impress in work outs and at 6-3 I think he will go before Burke. after Dallas no one will draft a pg so there is a good shot both will be there for the jazz.

ultimately, I think the Jazz just need a Pass first point guard that can shoot and is above average. If we can find a player like this, we will be set. he doesn't have to be top 10 in the league, he just needs to be above average with the ability to shoot and run the offense. Of course, If he can play decent D, that will be important too.

Burke fits this description pretty well.