What's new

It doesn't apply to me...

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
So apparently these people's gender reveal party was way way more important that listening to the high fire risk warnings we have had for several weeks now here in California, DURING THE KNOWN WILD FIRE SEASON. And of course you can't do a proper gender reveal without illegal fireworks, set off in a park that is directly on the edge of a huge dry grass field, oh and in high winds to boot. But hey, these rules are for other people, they don't apply to me! What could go wrong?

This fire is about 15 miles from where I live. Our cars yesterday were covered in soot and ash. And if course they do this **** heading into the hottest weekend on record in this area, 120 degrees in Redlands yesterday.

I think these people deserve prison time and a garnish on all wages for the rest of their lives until they pay back the people whose lives have been destroyed by the fire they started. ****ing pricks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/weat...rotechnic-device/ar-BB18N15D?ocid=hplocalnews

YUCAIPA (CBSLA) – Firefighters Monday morning continued to battle the El Dorado Fire, which was sparked during a heat wave Saturday at a gender reveal party in Yucaipa, and then exploded to more than 7,000 acres, destroying several homes and forcing hundreds to flee.

Last edited:
Infuriating. It’s also crazy to realize how much these gender reveal events are fueled by social media. People just can’t miss out on THEIR opportunities to have these experiences.

Infuriating. It’s also crazy to realize how much these gender reveal events are fueled by social media. People just can’t miss out on THEIR opportunities to have these experiences.
We have friends whose house burned in this one. They are completely devastated. They have insurance sure but all of their documents, baby albums, old picture, journals, things like that which can never be replaced are gone. Their place burned directly to the ground. Infuriating is exactly the right word. These idiots need to pay.

We have friends whose house burned in this one. They are completely devastated. They have insurance sure but all of their documents, baby albums, old picture, journals, things like that which can never be replaced are gone. Their place burned directly to the ground. Infuriating is exactly the right word. These idiots need to pay.
This particular event is starting to feel more like an ultimate example. It reveals a stubborn, obstinate myth that is deeply out-of-phase with the HERE & NOW. And not just one aspect, either. Fire season; Covid, fire, and respiratory health issues; media silo-ing; etc.

Just **** this.

I have zero tolerance towards these events. It’s so easily preventable and is just negligent.

Remember the idiots who caused $8M in damages in AZ a few years back doing the same thing? Did these idiots learn nothing from those idiots?

Stop making it a spectacle about yourself - just announce it on Facebook and STFU.

I have zero tolerance towards these events. It’s so easily preventable and is just negligent.

Remember the idiots who caused $8M in damages in AZ a few years back doing the same thing? Did these idiots learn nothing from those idiots?

Stop making it a spectacle about yourself - just announce it on Facebook and STFU.

Hence the title of the thread. This attitude that yeah, the other guy needs to watch out but I can do whatever I want is just so aggravating.

Why do they call it gender reveal when all you're doing is telling everyone what sex the child is?
As the parent of a transgender child that's definitely the first thing I think of when I see these things.

I like the gender reveal where the guy put a cake on top of a pipe filled with gunpowder that had been mixed with blue dye. A pipe filled with gunpowder is oftentimes called a pipe bomb. The cake was heavy enough to act as a cap and the thing exploded sending a piece of shrapnel into gran-gran's neck, killing her.

I like the gender reveal where the guy put a cake on top of a pipe filled with gunpowder that had been mixed with blue dye. A pipe filled with gunpowder is oftentimes called a pipe bomb. The cake was heavy enough to act as a cap and the thing exploded sending a piece of shrapnel into gran-gran's neck, killing her.

Link?

People that go target shooting and start fires bug me too. Especially when they use explosive targets. So many pointless fires that could have easily been prevented.

Is Smoky the Bear around anymore?

Some people really go all out. Especially when they are rich superstar athletes, they can really do extremely elaborate spectacular demonstrations. There is a lot of emotion involved, a lot of excitement. I mean, you really have to be there to experience it to understand.

Case in point

Almost brings a tear to the eye. To see such a wonderful man surrounded by every one of his friends and people who care about him in the glorious moment when he finds out he's having another female child. He's clearly on top of the world.

Weird. People being selfish at the expense of what’s best for society? Since when? If only we could’ve seen examples of people being stupidly selfish over something small (like wearing masks) these past 6 months.

We had friends/family over for a cake where when you cut into it, it was pink.

The cake blew up and leveled a city block of course, 23 people died, guess we grabbed the crystallized dynamite instead of the birthday candles, but hey, we’re having a girl.

Gender/Sex reveals were already the dumbest **** ever. I have terrible news for everyone that is into this ****... outside of maybe two or three people no one cares what sex your fetus is. Also, no one enjoys these videos/activities... and if there are people that enjoy it they are likely terrorists or pedophiles.