What's new

It has begun

Do all the GMs do scouting like O Connor does? I mean he's everywhere and if he's not there, he's already been there.

Moving into the first round will require taking contracts expiring beyond 2013. We'll stand pat with our 2nd round pick, try to move Al at the deadline, and try to make a splash in the offseason. At least I hope so.

"... We've got four lottery picks from the last two years. So unless we find something we really like, we really don't want to disturb things too much."

Hmmm. I wonder if there is anyone in this draft that KOC likes enough to pursue. It sounds like the wishes of many here won't be answered in dumping Big Al for anything they can get. Looks like KOC is either going to get his guy in the draft, or just wait till Jefferson and Harris expire to sign a FA.

I personally think it's a good move. No sense in rushing anything and taking on contracts for multiple years of players you don't want long term. Just wait till you have open books to build around the nucleus, that is if you can't get the player you want in the draft.

Hmmm. I wonder if there is anyone in this draft that KOC likes enough to pursue. It sounds like the wishes of many here won't be answered in dumping Big Al for anything they can get. Looks like KOC is either going to get his guy in the draft, or just wait till Jefferson and Harris expire to sign a FA.

I personally think it's a good move. No sense in rushing anything and taking on contracts for multiple years of players you don't want long term. Just wait till you have open books to build around the nucleus, that is if you can't get the player you want in the draft.

It would be a good move if we:

1) Already have a future PG in place; or
2) Can get a future PG in the FA.

As far as I can see I don't think there's any chance of any of those happening... Our glaring need of a future PG is a concern that he should address soonish.

Moving into the first round will require taking contracts expiring beyond 2013. We'll stand pat with our 2nd round pick, try to move Al at the deadline, and try to make a splash in the offseason. At least I hope so.

Agree with this, except the part where we move Al at the deadline. Utah won't do that this year if we're in the playoff hunt. Now that we're a so-called playoff team, our FO won't take the chance of messing with chemistry by moving starters at the deadline. It's looking more and more like our FO has made their bed, and have every intention of lying in it. Yippie.

I personally think it's a good move. No sense in rushing anything .

LMAO

It would be a good move if we:

1) Already have a future PG in place; or
2) Can get a future PG in the FA.

As far as I can see I don't think there's any chance of any of those happening... Our glaring need of a future PG is a concern that he should address soonish.

Yeah, but if you are KOC and you don't think any of the PG's in the draft are going to be adequate, there isn't a point in taking one. Personally I would love Lillard, but I haven't done nearly the level of scouting KOC has.

Yeah, but if you are KOC and you don't think any of the PG's in the draft are going to be adequate, there isn't a point in taking one. Personally I would love Lillard, but I haven't done nearly the level of scouting KOC has.

KOC seems to be losing his touch...

1) Standing pat at trade dateline
2) Too greedy with the GSW lottery/next year's protection

I don't know what's happening to him but he better make a come back and redeem himself - FAST.

KOC seems to be losing his touch...

1) Standing pat at trade dateline
2) Too greedy with the GSW lottery/next year's protection

I don't know what's happening to him but he better make a come back and redeem himself - FAST.

Also, we don't know that a pick that would get us Lillard is readily available. It would be stupid to do any trade targeting a player this early in the process because you don't know what his stock will be come the day of the draft.

I think it's really funny that you are crucifying KOC for being patient. We have a young core, why not let everyone expire so you can handpick the rest of the team? Or should he just trade Big Al for the 1st that comes along, even if it adds long term deals that negatively impact the teams ability to get FA's who actually fit within the team?

Also you are an idiot for complaining about the protection thing. All reports point to the Warriors offering reduction to Top 3. Guess what, the Warriors aren't going to be that bad next year. They won't be a bottom 6 team, we will get the pick, unless they get super lucky and it falls into the top 3, which we wouldn't have if it was top 3 protected. From all reports the Warriors weren't offering players to us or anything of that nature. You seem to be losing touch with common sense.

Also, we don't know that a pick that would get us Lillard is readily available. It would be stupid to do any trade targeting a player this early in the process because you don't know what his stock will be come the day of the draft.

I think it's really funny that you are crucifying KOC for being patient. We have a young core, why not let everyone expire so you can handpick the rest of the team? Or should he just trade Big Al for the 1st that comes along, even if it adds long term deals that negatively impact the teams ability to get FA's who actually fit within the team?

True.. True.. I guess I was expecting too much hoping he'd trade Al or Millsap for a draft pick at the trade dateline.

Report card's still out but it'll be interesting how he can pull a rabbit out of the hat to get us a future PG in the next 1-2 years.

Also you are an idiot for complaining about the protection thing. All reports point to the Warriors offering reduction to Top 3. Guess what, the Warriors aren't going to be that bad next year. They won't be a bottom 6 team, we will get the pick, unless they get super lucky and it falls into the top 3, which we wouldn't have if it was top 3 protected. From all reports the Warriors weren't offering players to us or anything of that nature. You seem to be losing touch with common sense.

This has been my prediction all along .. at least for Al.

True.. True.. I guess I was expecting too much hoping he'd trade Al or Millsap for a draft pick at the trade dateline.

Report card's still out but it'll be interesting how he can pull a rabbit out of the hat to get us a future PG in the next 1-2 years.

****. Look, I would love to have a top 10 PG, but it really isn't that huge of an issue. PG right now is probably the most stacked position in the league, maybe not with stars but there are a lot of good PGs (that, or PF). There are a lot of quality PG's in the league right now. They all might not be pass first, but they are still good players.

Also, I really don't think Jazz want to trade Millsap. I have a hunch they want to keep him for the long haul as a Udonis Haslem type player. If they can retain him, it would be stupid just to trade him away for a mid-first round draft pick.

****. Look, I would love to have a top 10 PG, but it really isn't that huge of an issue. PG right now is probably the most stacked position in the league, maybe not with stars but there are a lot of good PGs (that, or PF). There are a lot of quality PG's in the league right now. They all might not be pass first, but they are still good players.

Also, I really don't think Jazz want to trade Millsap. I have a hunch they want to keep him for the long haul as a Udonis Haslem type player. If they can retain him, it would be stupid just to trade him away for a mid-first round draft pick.

Please outline your plan of getting us a quality PG in 1-2 years.

If it was me and if KOC hadn't blown that deal with GSW (reduced to top 3 protected next year), then we could may be turn that pick and something else into a quality PG.

Please outline your plan of getting us a quality PG in 1-2 years.

If it was me and if KOC hadn't blown that deal with GSW (reduced to top 3 protected next year), then we could may be turn that pick and something else into a quality PG.

I don't have a plan. That is the point. I trust KOC to have a plan. I'm sure he has been planning this out ever since he made the Dwill trade.

The Top 3 reduction doesn't mean ****. How can you not get that through your skull? There is no way GSW finish between the 4th-6th worst record in the league. So you are just reducing the pick to a meaningless top 3, because most likely they will finish somewhere between 8th-14th. That means they can only have the 8th-14th pick, or 1-3. Meaning those extra 3 slots of protection you bought are meaningless and not worth the 25% chance we had at getting the pick this year.

I don't have a plan. That is the point. I trust KOC to have a plan. I'm sure he has been planning this out ever since he made the Dwill trade.

The Top 3 reduction doesn't mean ****. How can you not get that through your skull? There is no way GSW finish between the 4th-6th worst record in the league. So you are just reducing the pick to a meaningless top 3, because most likely they will finish somewhere between 8th-14th. That means they can only have the 8th-14th pick, or 1-3. Meaning those extra 3 slots of protection you bought are meaningless and not worth the 25% chance we had at getting the pick this year.

rolls eyes.

I see the miscommunication here .. but lack the desire to explain it. (Hint: KKK's argument is we COULD have had the 7th pick THIS year .. and Cy's point is about next year)

If I'm wrong, please pretend I'm right, thank you.

I see the miscommunication here .. but lack the desire to explain it. (Hint: KKK's argument is we COULD have had the 7th pick THIS year .. and Cy's point is about next year)

Always the gentlemen. Thank you.

How could we have gotten the 7th pick this year?

KKK is suggesting KOC should have sold the 25% chance we had at the 8th pick to lower the protection top 3, which would have done nothing for us next year. It was better to stay pat, it didn't payoff, but we are essentially in the same position even if we did do the deal.

How could we have gotten the 7th pick this year?

KKK is suggesting KOC should have sold the 25% chance we had at the 8th pick to lower the protection top 3, which would have done nothing for us next year. It was better to stay pat, it didn't payoff, but we are essentially in the same position even if we did do the deal.

My original point was KOC could have done something to get into the lottery at least this year at the trade dateline. I realise now that I may have been a bit too optimistic.