What's new

It's happening bros...

I'm fine with that. Shed Burke too.

That said, our offense could be horrific without Kanter next year and abysmal without he and Burke in a major hypothetical world.

For serious? Give Trey's 15 shots to ANYONE else: Ingles, Millsap (well, maybe not Dante) and they make a better percentage. I agree there might be some growing pains with inserting Gobert into the lineup instead of Kanter. But also remember Burks will be the starting SG instead of Ingles or Millsap. So subtract a scorer in Kanter, but add one in Burks. I don't see a huge difference in offense. But I see a MUCH improved defense.

Cy is making me pray for Enes to get traded.

I'm putting in buku prayers, y'all.

After reading Zach Lowe's primer for the trade deadline, and considering further the situation with Enes, I'm now 100% on the side of trading him. If we can get a first-round pick, then awesome.

I say this because the value of rookie deals will be even more insane with the cap rising
+
I'd like us to use our cap space on a player who fits with what we're trying to do, before the cap goes bananas.

Other scenarios I'd be very interested in:
Khris Middleton

For serious? Give Trey's 15 shots to ANYONE else: Ingles, Millsap (well, maybe not Dante) and they make a better percentage. I agree there might be some growing pains with inserting Gobert into the lineup instead of Kanter. But also remember Burks will be the starting SG instead of Ingles or Millsap. So subtract a scorer in Kanter, but add one in Burks. I don't see a huge difference in offense. But I see a MUCH improved defense.
Jazz would still have Booker, one of Burks/Middleton (one starts, while the other is 6th man), Jingles, 2015 draft pick(s), the rights to Neto/Tomic and some money to add a free agent or two. I'm pretty sure they can figure out how to make it work.

Not sure if this was brought up earlier, but have you all seen Sheridan's hypothesis: Lamb, a 2017 1st, and Perkins for Kanter?

Apologies if this was discussed earlier in the thread.

Thoughts on that deal?

Not sure if this was brought up earlier, but have you all seen Sheridan's hypothesis: Lamb, a 2017 1st, and Perkins for Kanter?

Apologies if this was discussed earlier in the thread.

Thoughts on that deal?

Yeah I alluded to this a few pages back. I like it.

I'm fine with that. Shed Burke too.

That said, our offense could be horrific without Kanter next year and abysmal without he and Burke in a major hypothetical world.

Pretty sure that Rudy Gobert starts the rest of the way with Favors, so Kanter and Burke both come in off the bench. Middleton covers some of that for now, but starting next year, one of Middleton/Burks starts, while the other is 6th man. Pretty sure that would help make up for the loss of Kanter/Burke. Plus the Jazz still have Booker, Jingles, Hood, cap space to add a free agent or two, the rights to Neto/Tomic should they decide to bring one or both over and the 2015 draft pick(s). Between a starting lineup of Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Middleton/Burks, (bigger, stronger and more confident) Exum and a bench of Booker, Burks/Middleton, Hood, Jingles, FA(s), 2015 pick(s) and Neto/Tomic. . . well. . . I really like that team. Plus they have a boatload of assets to make another big move if it presents itself.

I think the Kanter situation will be similar to the trade deadline when we thought Millsap and/or Jefferson would be traded but nothing ended up happening.
If the Jazz keep him, I'd leave the 4 year, $32 million deal on the table and have Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Jingles/Hood/Millsap and Exum all start. Enes probably signs the QO at that point and then I'd focus on getting the most out of him for the team's needs, which is as a big scorer off the bench. They trade him now, or they keep him the rest of this year and next.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2015/02/17/goran-dragic-suns/23591221/

We can offer what he is looking for as far as the role he would play on the team. As long as he is willing to wait until next year on the playoff competitor thing... Lakers and Rockets getting a lot of buzz but why be in the shadow of Kobe or Harden? He could be option 1B on this team and take the ball up the court every single play.

We strengthen our ability to sign him long-term if we use Kanter to pick up additional assets now.

Dragic should be an offseason project, if at all.

We strengthen our ability to sign him long-term if we use Kanter to pick up additional assets now.

Dragic should be an offseason project, if at all.

He would never just choose to come here. Our only chance to keep him would be to get him here for a third of the season and try to sell him on what we are building.

What is the reasoning here? Like having Lamb or Perry Jones would make him choose Utah over L.A.?