What's new

It's happening bros...

Because he's a 22 year old big man who is already capable of putting up 20/10. I think some of you are making the mistake of assuming that NBA GM's are going to value Kanter the same way we value him. Look at the situation with Hayward last year. Here's a guy who put up a 16.2 PER shooting 41% from the field and playing a position with a surplus of talent in the NBA, and he got the max.

When free agency comes, at some point, there will be a team with lots of money left and all the big names off the board who is going to look at Kanter, see the production he has on points/boards and look past the poor defense and passing. The same general situation happens every year and every year fans act shocked at the money being thrown at these guys. No reason to think things will be any different this time around.

Yeah but a big man who can't defend....

i love how so many delusional gays on jazzfans think Enes Canter is this basketball God who anchors our offense and wins us games on a nightly basis, and is going to gain a max contract.

DL got a little lucky. KOC traded to draft Fesenko and traded for Favors It just turned out that Gobert was more committed to getting better than Fesenko was. Your revisionist history on KOC is a joke at best.
Agree on that revisionist part. Besides, is Bosh a rim protector? Is Duncan? Jazz had one of the best ever in Eaton and they never won a championship. Sure the Jazz could have been a better team with better interior defense, But what I recall is what really hurt the Deron-led Jazz was NOT the absence of a rim protector, it was the inability of the wings to hit outside shots and defend the 3. Spurs and Lakers didn't have to even defend AK or Brewer outside the paint.

If there really is serious interest in Kanter, I think DL takes the plunge and trades him. I just don't see how anyone can really think that Kanter is going to fit in here: he will never be anything but bad on defense and bad passing. And now that he has also shown he is bigheaded problem child, get him out of here. I also don't think you can afford 3 high end bigs, you have to go with two and then fill in with guys like Booker and EVans who are always out there. What we really need is a 3 and D wing.

Just make the move now when you have a pretty darn good idea it will not work long term anyway. Sure, holding him a while longer could get you more value, but maybe not too.

In fact it could even get you less value. I think he might have psyched himself with all this drama and I'm not sure he's going to have performed better the 2nd half of the season than how he's performed the 1st half.

Because he's a 22 year old big man who is already capable of putting up 20/10. I think some of you are making the mistake of assuming that NBA GM's are going to value Kanter the same way we value him. Look at the situation with Hayward last year. Here's a guy who put up a 16.2 PER shooting 41% from the field and playing a position with a surplus of talent in the NBA, and he got the max.

When free agency comes, at some point, there will be a team with lots of money left and all the big names off the board who is going to look at Kanter, see the production he has on points/boards and look past the poor defense and passing. The same general situation happens every year and every year fans act shocked at the money being thrown at these guys. No reason to think things will be any different this time around.

I personally don't think it couldn't happen, there's always been dumb GM's in the league.

Big Al got a lot of money in free agency. All it takes is ONE team. Which is why I think Kanter will just take the QO next season and hope for the big money in 2016 when virtually any team will be able to bid for his services. I just hope it's not Utah that is forced to have him play for the QO. That does NOTHING for the team. He's taking up a roster spot and minutes from a player who will be on the team in the future. If the Jazz don't manage a trade now or a S&T in the summer, I hope Kanter inherits Booker's current role.

And that's another reason for getting rid of him: I think Booker has a role on this team. He'd probably lean towards coming back if he were to get consistent playing time next year.

So Rudy tweets out..."it is good to be home" as he returns to SLC and takes a picture with a fan.

And Enes tweets out...."Oh, patience. Oh, patience. Oh, patience."

I hope the jazz leak a few rumours just to get his hopes up, then do nothing and bring him back. Then make him guard Lamarcus Aldridge for 38 minutes on Friday when all eyes are on him. Enes will lose, the jazz will lose, and the tank will win.

POTY.

Big Al got a lot of money in free agency. All it takes is ONE team. Which is why I think Kanter will just take the QO next season and hope for the big money in 2016 when virtually any team will be able to bid for his services. I just hope it's not Utah that is forced to have him play for the QO. That does NOTHING for the team. He's taking up a roster spot and minutes from a player who will be on the team in the future. If the Jazz don't manage a trade now or a S&T in the summer, I hope Kanter inherits Booker's current role.

And that's another reason for getting rid of him: I think Booker has a role on this team. He'd probably lean towards coming back if he were to get consistent playing time next year.

I don't think the Jazz want to offer him the QO, it is 7.8 million and offers no long term protection even if he does break out.
All signs point to a trade stifle.

That'd be an awesome turnout of that whole fiasco...

There is just no way... Maybe if we included Burke and our 2nd rounder. If they did this its because they don't think they can keep Middleton.

Piggybacking off my recent Middleton post, God, we'd have so many options in the draft. We may even have enough to move up and get Russell.

There is just no way... Maybe if we included Burke and our 2nd rounder. If they did this its because they don't think they can keep Middleton.

I'm fine with that. Shed Burke too.

That said, our offense could be horrific without Kanter next year and abysmal without he and Burke in a major hypothetical world.

Boozer's still putting up 18/10 per36 with a 17 PER this year, maybe he'll get a max to.

I don't think the Jazz want to offer him the QO, it is 7.8 million and offers no long term protection even if he does break out.
All signs point to a trade stifle.
I hope so. I just fail to see teams having that much interest in him given his attitude and the already alarming hints that he wants a huge contract. I think our best hope is he shops himself around the league, sees his value is $11M/per, wants to sign a contract, but fears Utah will match. That will spark a team to work out a reasonable S&T instead of an offer sheet.