What's new

It's Over - Ne Deal for Gtime - RFA time

kkk.. what is one bb-related skillset you think Hayward has over Jabari.

He's probably quicker in transition, and a tad bit better passer.

Whiteness

Plus this.

===============

Other than that though you've gotta say Jabari is just much more versatile. He can back you down, he can drive pass you, he can shoot the 3's. Hard to pass up on a legit triple thread like that.

Why are people saying Hayward is greedy? Because he wants to get as much money as he can? That ain't greedy, that's just smart business.

Now is he worth as much as he wants? Maybe not. But if he can get paid that much, then good for him.

He's probably quicker in transition, and a tad bit better passer.

Plus this.

===============

Other than that though you've gotta say Jabari is just much more versatile. He can back you down, he can drive pass you, he can shoot the 3's. Hard to pass up on a legit triple thread like that.

I really don't think Hayward is better than Parker at anything. You may be right about transition.. but I doubt it.
Trade him asap to a bad team looking to get better.

I really don't think Hayward is better than Parker at anything. You may be right about transition.. but I doubt it.
Trade him asap to a bad team looking to get better.

I would argue he's a better spot up shooter...and that's about it.

Its not crazy.. Jabari is about as sure of a lock for perennial all-star as it gets. Jabari, imo, is more of a sure thing than Wiggins.. but just doesn't have the potential that Wiggins has.

Wiggins potential is not overhyped.
Jabari is not underrated.
But the risk with Jabari is nearly zero... so it's not crazy.

I disagree. Jabari is ranked over Wiggins by some based off of his shooting/spot up shooting. I think I'd rather have Jabari over Wiggins... Call me crazy

I was saying that I think Hayward is a better spot up shooter than Parker, not Wiggins. Everybody is a better shooter than Wiggins...except MKG.

As for Jabari vs Wiggins...I would prefer to watch them play in college for a while first, and watch the Jazz play. There's a lot of things we need to figure out about who/what the Jazz need before I start saying who the better player for us is.

I was saying that I think Hayward is a better spot up shooter than Parker, not Wiggins. Everybody is a better shooter than Wiggins...except MKG.

As for Jabari vs Wiggins...I would prefer to watch them play in college for a while first, and watch the Jazz play. There's a lot of things we need to figure out about who/what the Jazz need before I start saying who the better player for us is.
I legit lol'd at that.

I am happy they didn't reach a deal that could have potentially hurt the Jazz down the road. Now we can really determine what he is worth and make the decision to match or not.

This makes so much sense for the Jazz to wait. It would have been nice to get Hayward at a low price, but it gives the Jazz so much more flexibility next offseason.

1. They get to see what Hayward can do as a starter and as a top offensive option. If he can shoot around 50/40/80 and average 18/5/5, then he will be borderline max player. Jazz will be happy to pay him if he proves he's worth it.

2. Jazz get to see what Kanter does this season, and will have a better idea of what they will have to extend him for.

3. The Jazz will get to see Burks in a much bigger role. If Kanter and Burks both play really well, then the Jazz might be choosing between Burks and Hayward as the SG of the future. They will also have a better idea of what they could keep him around for.

4. The Jazz will know who they have in the draft by then. If they get a top pick and get Wiggins/Parker or another wing, then they might be more willing to let Hayward go if the cost is too high, or maybe work out a trade on draft day if his price tag ends up too high.

This is a good deal for Hayward because he will have the chance to play himself into more money. It will be a risk, but might end up being worth it.

Good for Utah and good for Hayward. Utah didn't do anything stupid, like paying a role player all-star money and hoping he grows into it. And Hayward believes he is good enough for All-Star money and didn't settle.

Now the ball is in Hayward's court. Prove you are worth Favors money. Show the Jazz that you are worth that type of contract and the Jazz will pay you that money.

I have no problem paying a player what he is worth. I do have a problem overpaying for a player, and doing so because you deluded yourself into hoping he could be successful.

Nothing bad happened tonight. The Jazz protected themselves and Hayward did the same. If Hayward performs, he will get paid. If he doesn't, he won't. If he puts this team on his shoulder and shows the world it is his team, the Jazz will give him the team and the money he deserves. If he doesn't, he won't get it.

No biggie. It's all good. Time to get back to basketball.

This right here is exactly how I feel about it. Now Hayward has the chance to prove he is worth as much has he thinks he is.