What's new

It's Time for a Jimmer Thread

I'm not saying the Jazz should go after Jimmer, but based on the way the NBA game is changing, it's much more to his advantage now. Everyone wants and needs shooters, and that is something he certainly can do. I'm also assuming that he has gotten better, as well.

I watched that video just for ***** and giggles. I'm not sure a single shot in those highlights is even close to getting off in the NBA. That defense was terrible. Straight at the basket from the top of the key? He did it 3-4 times in those highlights. No support defense and he looked like the fastest guy on the court by a ways, that doesn't happen in the NBA.

He should stay there, make his money and retire, he's not an NBA quality player.

I watched that video just for ***** and giggles. I'm not sure a single shot in those highlights is even close to getting off in the NBA. That defense was terrible. Straight at the basket from the top of the key? He did it 3-4 times in those highlights. No support defense and he looked like the fastest guy on the court by a ways, that doesn't happen in the NBA.

He should stay there, make his money and retire, he's not an NBA quality player.

Well ya, i dont think anyone thinks he would score 75 in the nba or be an all star or anything.
The question is could he be as good as eddie house was? I think so.

Well ya, i dont think anyone thinks he would score 75 in the nba or be an all star or anything.
did you watch the preseason game he played against the Rockets?

did you watch the preseason game he played against the Rockets?

No just saw the stats.
Though i dont even remember the stats anymore. Did he play well against them or suck?

Low body fat and strong jaw = quin face. Quin's face is just extra quinyish.

No just saw the stats.
Though i dont even remember the stats anymore. Did he play well against them or suck?
He disappeared. He looked totally out of his element whenever you could, by chance, notice him.

Just found the stats. Dude chucked like crazy... ended up with 41pts but a team-low -42. He must've had plenty of points late in the game, cuz I watched the first bit and saw nothing of note from Jimner.

Last edited:
He disappeared. He looked totally out of his element whenever you could, by chance, notice him.

Just found the stats. Dude chucked like crazy... ended up with 41pts but a team-low -42. He must've had plenty of points late in the game, cuz I watched the first bit and saw nothing of note from Jimner.
He was -42 because they lost by 42 and he played the entire game.

And you're right- he started off cold. Started the game 1-8 FGs.

Though not sure i would say he "disappeared". Seems like a silly way to describe a guy who took 40 shots and scored 40 points and 9 rebs. I guess you could argue he didn't shoot very well (42% FGs, 38% 3pt, 5-5 FTs- so not great, but not the worst shooting we'll ever see either) but he certainly didn't disappear.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that Jimmer is not Steph and also that the rest of his abilities don't come close to measuring up to his shooting. The guy can shoot and better than most. But as a guard, his other skills are too weak to keep a place for him in the NBA.

He was -42 because they lost by 42 and he played the entire game.

And you're right- he started off cold. Started the game 1-8 FGs.

Though not sure i would say he "disappeared". Seems like a silly way to describe a guy who took 40 shots and scored 40 points and 9 rebs. I guess you could argue he didn't shoot very well (42% FGs, 38% 3pt, 5-5 FTs- so not great, but not the worst shooting we'll ever see either) but he certainly didn't disappear.
I think what I meant was this: nothing he did seemed forceful. When he shot, it was just "some dude taking a shot"... when he played defense (<-- nvm).

No I don't think he's as good as House as an NBA player. House could play off of the ball, Jimmer doesn't, and seems unable to. He's more like Morris Almond, great against little to no defense, and not much else. Also House played defense, Didn't he? I barely remember that guy.

I think we can all agree that Jimmer is not Steph and also that the rest of his abilities don't come close to measuring up to his shooting. The guy can shoot and better than most. But as a guard, his other skills are too weak to keep a place for him in the NBA.
He's great if the offense revolves around him and the defense is almost non-existent. That's a skill, but that is not something that would ever happen in the NBA.