What's new

Its Time to Tank

Jazz have the second hardest remaining schedule according to Tankathon.

Yeah, don't know what the rest of the tank candidate's schedules look like, but we could easily fall to 5th if the rest of the teams stay at around what they've been doing over the course of the season.

I still think we're way too good too fall a lot in the standings. We almost beat a healthy Mavericks team with three guy players missing. We'll probably win 30-40% of the remaining games.
I'd agree, other than the fact the remaining schedule is brutal. We're going to continue to lose a bunch of close games, but lose we will.

Best case scenario we have the 5th worst record. That gives us a 10.5% chance at #1.
never going to be that good of odds. Way too many teams in the East with worse records not trying to win, and several teams in the West with incentive to tank more than win , even if we also are now throwing in the towel, which we probably are. Outside of LAL who are struggling but have every incentive in the world to win in the hopes Lebron can return for the play in. Oh anf NOP owns their pick so there is that as well. You can't name one other team that is a half game or 1 game better than the Jazz that is a lock to make the play in more than us.
We will be in the 9-12 range even if we lose 75% of the remaining games imo

Yeah, don't know what the rest of the tank candidate's schedules look like, but we could easily fall to 5th if the rest of the teams stay at around what they've been doing over the course of the season.
Chicago has a tough schedule, but their pick is owned by Blazers (top 4 protected). They are taking a huge risk if they tank instead of gunning for the play-in.

Pacers have a really soft schedule. Ours is the hardest of all probably... albeit we have 2 key games (vs POR and vs OKC) at home.

THT is a sorry excuse for a starting NBA point guard. Ranks with JLIII as an all world tank commander.
I'm not even sold on him being a rotational player. He just plays weird ball.. like he is a guy you throw in if you want chaos.
I guess thats a strategy on its own.... but I dont think its a winning strategy in any case.

Chicago has a tough schedule, but their pick is owned by Blazers (top 4 protected). They are taking a huge risk if they tank instead of gunning for the play-in.

Pacers have a really soft schedule. Ours is the hardest of all probably... albeit we have 2 key games (vs POR and vs OKC) at home.
The Bulls org does not anticipate them winning in the playoffs as out of it as they have been this season with no Lonzo anyway imo. They are defnitely throwing in the towel in the hopes they jump into the top 4. The pick is still going to ORL next draft if not this one it's not like ORL getting the pick at 5 -10 is any different to CHI other than making the fanbase angry it wasn't their pick.
If the Bulls try to win they will choke the pick will be in the 5-10 range for sure and they will have their own pick next draft with no Wemby or Scoot in it.

I think we will stay at 8… I don’t think we can “pass” the other teams… still some danger that we get passed by OKC or another team.

I think the Bulls just suck… they also seem lifeless. Some serious 1, 2, 3 Cancun energy.

We almost have the hardest schedule remaining. The next team below us is Bulls (Who the Jazz can feasibility go lower than). They really have no reason to lose. The Pacers have a relatively easy schedule. Orlando is the middle of the pack. We could really fall to 5th worst pretty quickly. If I was a betting man I'd say we finish 6th worst overrall.

1678295540215.png

I still think we're way too good too fall a lot in the standings. We almost beat a healthy Mavericks team with three guy players missing. We'll probably win 30-40% of the remaining games.
Doubt we fall but also Dallas sucks. There are like 4-5 wins on the schedule unless we bench Lauri selectively.

Doubt we fall but also Dallas sucks. There are like 4-5 wins on the schedule unless we bench Lauri selectively.
Yeah, if we keep benching enough people, I guess we can end up with fairly few wins, but I'm not so sure we will. If everyone is healthy right now, I think we might very well end up in the playoff.